• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Question for NT Women - Are you a feminist?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed many of my NT female friends are self-proclaimed feminists. Just wondering if NT women are any more likely than women of other temperaments to be feminists or if it is just a trend amongst those I am familiar with.

Excuse me if this topic has been discussed before.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Yes I am a feminist. In fact, feminism is a very core belief for me. I connect with NGOs local and abroad. I utilize my writing and analytical skills for the cause of women.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There are a lot of negative connotations associated with that word so you may find that NT women, usually outspoken, independent and indifferent to popular opinion are more willing to accept the label than other types. But really, are there any educated women who believe that equal rights for women are not desirable? That might be a more interesting question.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think every rational thinking being in the Western World nowadays should be able to know that there is no hierarchy in society between gender, color or whatsoever.

However, what is a more severe problem, which could apply to NT woman could be to bridge the gap between who they are and what they want to be. There is for example that ultra cute woman I am working together with at the moment. She is a research assistant in university and coordinates an exercise students were given over the semester.

Everybody really thinks she is hot, but she has got no boyfriend, because she walks, talks and behaves like a man. I will not say there is typical behaviour for a female, but the way she behaves, she doesnt come off attractive. I know her more personally and I know she has got problems with that.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Fem is so over, I'm definately a post feminist, and I don't beleive in possitive descrimination. Womens groups bug the hell out of me. I don't see glass celings at work, I see many women escalating to middle management because they are great multi taskers. Senior management is different, that takes more time, and yes there is still a bti of school tie involved, but that will change as women migrate from middle management.

I am probably more of a masculin-ist, that men are being treated badly by the system. Equality states the genders ought to be treated equaly.

Lis

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I advocate against equality for idiots.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Everybody really thinks she is hot, but she has got no boyfriend, because she walks, talks and behaves like a man. I will not say there is typical behaviour for a female, but the way she behaves, she doesnt come off attractive. I know her more personally and I know she has got problems with that.
What does this have to do with feminism?

I advocate against equality for idiots.
^infinity
:wub: ever and always.

I think many women have allowed men to redefine feminism for them in negative terms. It's not surprising. So many are programmed to defer to the male view where possible. There are several schools of feminism. Further, being feminist doesn't mean supporting everything done by everyone under the banner of feminism.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I'm going to do an NF sound in and say I am one of the staunchest feminists I know. More so than many of my NT friends.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I don't like labels, but I dislike sexism even more, so yeah I'm a feminist.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
WOO INTJ GIRLS!

Please accept my humble offering on the altar of your intellect.

*presents the head of Britney Spears*

Qre:us

To be more specific, I identify with, and am a proponent of, postcolonial feminism.

The future of our global welfare, in terms of International Health, starts with the grassroots of looking at maternal & child health. Women are intrinsically tied to the welfare of our future, but, are often overlooked, misrepresented, marginalized and supressed, esp. at a global level (i.e., moving out of the sphere of Western social & cultural milieu and ideology).
I believe the dismal state of the globe can only be targeted if we effectively target women around the globe first. They are the change.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Hah. My girlfriend, who is an INTP, has stated her gender matters very little to her. Though she did get offended one time when I made a joke about her needing to make my dinner.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Basically just that she has got the feeling to come off as a feminist, though she is none (at least thats what she tells me :)).

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Hah. My girlfriend, who is an INTP, has stated her gender matters very little to her. Though she did get offended one time when I made a joke about her needing to make my dinner.
Sounds like a feminist. . . in that things only get hairy (hyuk hyuk) when women who don't find their uterus the be-all of their being are reminded of "their place" as uterus possessors.

Basically just that she has got the feeling to come off as a feminist, though she is none (at least thats what she tells me :)).
I dunno. I didn't get that she came off feminist by your description - just unfeminine.

Qre:us

Wha the...?????
Acting like a man = come off as a feminist????

Um...acting and behaving like a man is not feminism but unfeminine. Unless you're cracking jokes about feminists and/or providing uninformed stereotypes.

In that case....um....haha? (although, it's a lame over-done joke, imo).

Edit: ohhhh, man, entropie, now you've gone and done it.....invited the wrath of feminists. Good luck to you and your penis. :D

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
'feminism' defined as believing women should have the same rights and opportunities as men and be free to make their own personal choices? Yes, I believe those things.

'feminism' defined as believing in the patriarchy, seeing femaleness as inherently superior to maleness and accusing any woman who disagrees with you as brainwashed and male-identified? No, not at all.

I'm wary of the word feminism. If you asked me on the street if I was a feminist I would hem and haw. I got kicked out of a 'feminist' group during undergrad for espousing views they didn't like, and I got kicked out in an ugly and underhanded way. That experience and a couple of others have just made me nervous about self identifying as 'feminist' because I do NOT wanted to be lumped in with small minded ideologues, of any stripe.

That and my belief that there is no patriarchal conspiracy to keep women down and that men are actually quite fabulous and handy. As are women.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D of course i Know that acting like a men is not feminism.

That girl I am talking about is generally considered a hardcore lesbian, though she is just a very practical rational ISTJ / INTJ or INTP maybe. She ia having a hard time about that, I am just trying to find a solution to the problem, because it is a problem to her.

Well but you are right, maybe this is offtopic :)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Hah. My girlfriend, who is an INTP, has stated her gender matters very little to her.

This plus this:

'feminism' defined as believing women should have the same rights and opportunities as men and be free to make their own personal choices? Yes, I believe those things.

One thing I dislike these days is people making a fuss over gender if someone happens to be in a field that's dominated by the other gender. IMO, it's counterproductive and annoying to highlight it.

jellyfish

MBTI Type
INTP
I have to agree entirely with everything Kangirl said.
Yes, I believe women and men should have equal rights.
Everyone should (unless they choose to do something horrible etc etc I'm not going to go into this...).

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But really, are there any educated women who believe that equal rights for women are not desirable? That might be a more interesting question.

Interestingly, I had a conversation with one ISFJ about this. She believes that women should not be allowed to do typical "male" jobs such as being CEO of a company or president of a country. Her reasoning is that women are inherently more emotional and moody than men and as such will be prone to rash and unfavorable decisions. She was planning on moving if Hillary Clinton had won the presidency. I would say she is fairly educated for your average American, but she staunchly holds to this view.