• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, which type you identify most with?

ENTPs, which type is most similar to you?

• ESTP

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • INTP

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • ENFP

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

pecan111

haha , now i am SURE they are rolling....it was NEVER meant to stereotype...wow...

pecan111

What is the difference between enfp and entp. It seems the functions are similar but they are very different inside.
[/QUOTE]

You are talking about entirely two different processing issues here...
primary function of enfp and entp is extraverted intuition but then they are 2-ary introverted feeling and introverted thinking...

makes for very different outlooks and dealing with the internal and then external world

Qre:us

I wonder who made the poll options. What a ridicously insane arrogance :D

I made them. do you want better?

UT, ET's prolly giving an example of the ENTPs', shall we say, charming arrogance at proclaiming individuality at all costs. We like ourselves too much to 'identify' (even if we do, we'll never tell :whistling:).

Twist my arms, I'll twist words. ;)

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In a vacuum, ENFP/INTP.
In reality, it's rather situational. ENFP and ESTP types simply have a way of pulling me toward them, making me subconsciously identify with them and feel a certain rapport. This is magnified when there are more people in any particular social situation.
When I analyze the situation objectively, I see that I really have tons in common with the INTP, but in reality, I find their nitpicking and often logical-to-the-extreme stance to be grating. ENTJ's I feel can be similarly overbearing. Because of the traits of those two types, I enjoy one-on-one company with them, whereas ESTP/ENFP are the types that I feel most akin to in social situations involving a greater quantity of people.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
thanks foir clearning things up Qre:us.

I don't have much pride in my own type because I don't believe my type is any more special than any other type. Although I am aware my type has much more greater power and potential than anyone could imagine. Blah, I am contradictiung myself.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
ENFP has a similar energy, even though INTP has a similar need to define and categorize. I'm going with ENFP. This is, of course, predicated on the assumption that I'm ENTP and not INTP.
If ur an entp i'm like, dark vador.

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't identify much with anybody, except for my friend who I haven't been able to type yet. Most just say that I'm insane and can't explain anything well.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No, dont change them, I was just wondering why the four ? Why for example not INTJ ?

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENFPs. I'm not really sure why.

Also INTJs, because they like to discuss theories and ideas as well.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
What is the difference between enfp and entp. It seems the functions are similar but they are very different inside.

Between me and my ENFP brother:

1. We both love strategy and RPG games. But where he wants characters he can relate to and gets attached to them, and likes to play noble, good characters that save the world and get adored by everyone, I find the characters annoying and predictable and just get in the way of the actual gameplay, and prefer the political intrigue and intellectual gymnastics of working shit out, I want it to be as complex as possible and like to play evil bastards and murder peasants gratuitously :D

2. With his housemates, he's like a maid and mother rolled into one. He looks after them, he cleans up after them, he gets the food in and checks up on them to make sure they're okay and see what they need. I do my own thing, sometimes share a crate of beer with them if i'm in the mood, and leave their damn dishes on the counter, I ain't washing yo' shit, mofo! And I don't mind being the bad guy occasionally, and living with the resultant hate. I know it'll blow over.

3. He says "I have standards", which means he won't buy non-fairtrade, non-organic, GI stuff and beggars himself buying groceries out of his budget for the sake of his values. I "have standards", which means I won't allow people to treat me like a sucker or take advantage of me, just because I'm a nice guy. His standards are about how well he lives up to his values - mine are about how I see myself and therefore, how I let others treat me.

4. He gets offended over very peculiar things, whilst simultaneously seeming to let people get away with murder. Example: dude keeps scabbing his tobacco and never gets his own, even though he earns three times as much money and could easily get his own - my bro puts up with it and always lets him share. But if anyone suggests that he might have fibbed or been slightly dishonest, or fails to "big him up" to other people, he sees it as gross disloyalty and gets really pissy. I couldn't care less if someone calls me a liar or accuses me of shit I haven't done, I just shrug and let them draw their own conclusions, and trust the facts to speak for me as they reveal themselves, I'll laugh at you as you accuse me, and ask if you wanna join in the networked game of Neverwinter 2, but if you try to take the piss and scab my beer when you could get your own, just cos you can't be bothered to walk round the corner to the store and get some, even though I'm hard up and you're loaded, you can fuck right off mate, I don't wanna know you.

5. If he says something that pisses me off and I get annoyed, I'll let him know right away, then he'll get all upset because I'm shouting and keep telling me he won't listen until I calm down and stop shouting, which just makes me more mad. If i say something that pisses him off, he says "hmmm" and then broods over it for ages and pretends nothing's wrong, then it comes out in an explosion about something totally trivial much later on. And I'll say why didn't you just tell me at the time? And he says, he didn't want to get all angry and cause a scene, and I'll say, dude, I'm fine with "scenes", I'd rather know if I'm pissing you off by you yelling and telling me, than you sit on it all that time and brood!

These are just off the top of my head, and may not be representative of all ENTP/ENFP differences.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Between me and my ENFP brother:

1. We both love strategy and RPG games. But where he wants characters he can relate to and gets attached to them, and likes to play noble, good characters that save the world and get adored by everyone, I find the characters annoying and predictable and just get in the way of the actual gameplay, and prefer the political intrigue and intellectual gymnastics of working shit out, I want it to be as complex as possible and like to play evil bastards and murder peasants gratuitously :D

2. With his housemates, he's like a maid and mother rolled into one. He looks after them, he cleans up after them, he gets the food in and checks up on them to make sure they're okay and see what they need. I do my own thing, sometimes share a crate of beer with them if i'm in the mood, and leave their damn dishes on the counter, I ain't washing yo' shit, mofo! And I don't mind being the bad guy occasionally, and living with the resultant hate. I know it'll blow over.

3. He says "I have standards", which means he won't buy non-fairtrade, non-organic, GI stuff and beggars himself buying groceries out of his budget for the sake of his values. I "have standards", which means I won't allow people to treat me like a sucker or take advantage of me, just because I'm a nice guy. His standards are about how well he lives up to his values - mine are about how I see myself and therefore, how I let others treat me.

4. He gets offended over very peculiar things, whilst simultaneously seeming to let people get away with murder. Example: dude keeps scabbing his tobacco and never gets his own, even though he earns three times as much money and could easily get his own - my bro puts up with it and always lets him share. But if anyone suggests that he might have fibbed or been slightly dishonest, or fails to "big him up" to other people, he sees it as gross disloyalty and gets really pissy. I couldn't care less if someone calls me a liar or accuses me of shit I haven't done, I just shrug and let them draw their own conclusions, and trust the facts to speak for me as they reveal themselves, I'll laugh at you as you accuse me, and ask if you wanna join in the networked game of Neverwinter 2, but if you try to take the piss and scab my beer when you could get your own, just cos you can't be bothered to walk round the corner to the store and get some, even though I'm hard up and you're loaded, you can fuck right off mate, I don't wanna know you.

5. If he says something that pisses me off and I get annoyed, I'll let him know right away, then he'll get all upset because I'm shouting and keep telling me he won't listen until I calm down and stop shouting, which just makes me more mad. If i say something that pisses him off, he says "hmmm" and then broods over it for ages and pretends nothing's wrong, then it comes out in an explosion about something totally trivial much later on. And I'll say why didn't you just tell me at the time? And he says, he didn't want to get all angry and cause a scene, and I'll say, dude, I'm fine with "scenes", I'd rather know if I'm pissing you off by you yelling and telling me, than you sit on it all that time and brood!

These are just off the top of my head, and may not be representative of all ENTP/ENFP differences.

nice story.

I guess the difference is if an enfp is pissed, he could forgive you like any NF would. but if an entp is pissed, he could fuck you as hard as an estp would. :)

I didn't add INTJ becuase I am not sure which direction entp would go if it goes more J entropie.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
No, I'm pretty sure I don't have a vengeful bone in my body. It's not something I would think really fits in with the ENTP profile at all...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, dont change them, I was just wondering why the four ? Why for example not INTJ ?

OP probably assumed that a type with two letters' difference is automatically more different from ENTP than any of the types with only one letter's difference.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
OP probably assumed that a type with two letters' difference is automatically more different from ENTP than any of the types with only one letter's difference.

Agreed, and of course the most fundamental axis is the P-J one. As soon as that is flipped a completely different way of experiencing the world comes to the surface.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, and of course the most fundamental axis is the P-J one. As soon as that is flipped a completely different way of experiencing the world comes to the surface.

I've wondered, myself, whether P/J or S/N is truly the most fundamental axis. I think I'll take a page from Keirsey and suggest that P/J is more important for Sensors, and that maybe iNtuition itself is the most distinguishing factor for N-type people.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I've wondered, myself, whether P/J or S/N is truly the most fundamental axis. I think I'll take a page from Keirsey and suggest that P/J is more important for Sensors, and that maybe iNtuition itself is the most distinguishing factor for N-type people.

Well, perhaps a slight tweak - the P/J axis is most fundamental for how we appear to others.

A P type will always have Se or Ne on the surface.

A J type will have Te or Fe on the surface.

When faced with a person you just met, finding out whether they perceive the world, or judge it, is (at least to me) most fundamental.

In terms of how well you identify with someone, intuition vs sensor seems to be at least as key, maybe more so.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, perhaps a slight tweak - the P/J axis is most fundamental for how we appear to others.

A P type will always have Se or Ne on the surface.

A J type will have Te or Fe on the surface.

When faced with a person you just met, finding out whether they perceive the world, or judge it, is (at least to me) most fundamental.

In terms of how well you identify with someone, intuition vs sensor seems to be at least as key, maybe more so.

Hey, that's true, and it solves that nagging "Why do IPs lead with a judging function and IJs with a perceiving one?" problem, too.

I suppose the P/J, in addition to other connotations created by MBTI independently of Jung, simply means which trait is extroverted toward the the outside world most readily--it's just that this function is auxiliary for Introverts.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
No, I'm pretty sure I don't have a vengeful bone in my body. It's not something I would think really fits in with the ENTP profile at all...

I am pretty vengeful to bullies and people who shows intimidation towards me. Whether it fits in the entp file or not. its really not my business. But it is one of my core character traits. Maybe I don't repsond well to intimidation or people who want to subjecate me to their authority.