• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs, which type you identify most with?

ENTPs, which type is most similar to you?

• ESTP

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • INTP

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • ENFP

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
What dya mean by IDENTIFY ?

I really don't 'identify' with other people to begin with. I've been asked many times the classic 'who's your model in life' question and I just can't answer.

Don't take me wrong, I can like people of course, it's just that I don't identify with them. What I'm looking for when interacting is mainly novelty; so why should I look for people I identify with.
Identifying with people is often about expanding the safe zone, and I'm not shy so why should I do that.

So when it comes to 'doing things' i could say estp, but that's so very inaccurate in many situations.

I'd say entp is the type most similar to me. :D

Otherwise it's all about what what I'm doing at that moment. I can be estp, I can be intp, I can be enfp. *shrugs shoulders*

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I am surprised that INTJ was not added to the mix since they have the identical succession of functions, with opposing attitudes: NTFS. I like ESPs, but at times they can be quite hard to deal with when too flighty. However ESTJs I truly enjoy since they are usually comfortable with themselves, thus allowing me to do my own thing. I think having the same function succession may be the reason (TSNF).

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTP, but actually INTJ.

But even still not really. I don't identify with anyone -- just like Eque.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so you identify with ecks lack of ability to identify?

Qre:us

I am surprised that INTJ was not added to the mix since they have the identical succession of functions, with opposing attitudes: NTFS.

Very true. INTJ have the identical fx of NTFS, but I think the OP picked all combinations of types that's 1 letter away from ENTP. Does 1 letter make less of a difference than an identical (mirror) sequence of fx?

Meh.

ESTP - I'ma, I'ma, I'ma hustla....
INTP - I wanna be sedated....
ENTJ - I AM THE POLICE. KING KONG AIN'T GOT NOTHING ON ME!
ENFP - I see skies of blueeeeee, and clouds of whiteeeeee......

ENTP - No anthem. Shift. Change. Chameleon.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
If me personally, I'd say a toss up between ENFP and ENTJ, but knowing my brother (ENFP) and then the ENTJ's I've worked and lived intimiately with, I know I'm more like them than my brother. This could be because the closeness in my life with ENTJ's, or something else, I don't know, has "artificially augmented" my Te :)

But ENTP's generally, a stereotype one, I'd say would appear more similar to an ENFP. Specially male ENFP's and ENTP's can be hard to tell apart til you get to know them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that makes the most sense to me because they're both ne right?

T

ThatGirl

I'd say INTJs are like watching my inner thought process on the outside and ENTPs of course because there is always a method to the madness.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've found a lot in common with ESFPs. Laughter, creativeness, curiosity and a visionary way of looking at life. The main difference is their willingness to be out there performing a lot (I think it's kind of "serving the public") and their subjectiveness in decision-making (versus taking everything and all opinions into consideration).

ENFPs have also something in common (outspokenness, willingness to take a stand in life) too, but I find them a lot more serious and not quite that creative.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've found a lot in common with ESFPs. Laughter, creativeness, curiosity and a visionary way of looking at life. The main difference is their willingness to be out there performing a lot (I think it's kind of "serving the public") and their subjectiveness in decision-making (versus taking everything and all opinions into consideration).

ENFPs have also something in common (outspokenness, willingness to take a stand in life) too, but I find them a lot more serious and not quite that creative.

that's crazy talk.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've always gotten along well with INTPs and ENFPs.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

No, you were hanging out with other ENTPs. Very confused ones, at that.

Qre:us

I'm quite partial to "I did it my way"

:yes:Yes, very appropo for ENTPs and/or masturbation. Self-pleasing, both a 'em too.

or some lyricless spacey jazz fusion from the 70s

Not that I don't already get asked often whether I'm off-me-rocker high most of the times; this should 'help' the case. :D

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We're reaaaaally not very similar to ESTPs at all. We may look similar on the surface (indeed, socionics calls ENTP/ESTP "lookalikes") but in actually our motivations and thought processes are extremely different. I have a few ESTP friends but we only bond over particular activities that we both happen to enjoy--never really connect deeply on an intellectual or emotional level.

As Nocapszy said, often I feel closer to INTJs than to INTPs. Supposedly that's because we both place N above T in our priority systems, though we have it directed outwardly and theirs is inward.

Of the four choices given, I went with INTP. I must confess that I'd rather hang out with an ENFP casually or socially, but I feel like as far as intimate friendships or relationships I really need other NTs. INTPs can be a pain in the ass, but they're more of a mirror for the way I think, perceive and behave in most respects, and so I'm forced to admit that they're probably our closest relatives.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
that's crazy talk.

Haha yes, yes it is. "More serious and not quite that creative" sounds like more of an ISTJ description!

The only thing ENFPs are more serious about is insisting upon social harmony and always having the utmost respect for everyone's feelings and viewpoints. This is a good idea in principle, but, similarly to the ways ENTPs don't know when to stop spewing rational pattern observations, you guys can take this one a little too far at times. There do actually exist situations in which conflict is healthy and productive.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
now...who's being serious?
eyebrow1qb.gif