• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP as internet trolls?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
NFs can make outstanding trolls too you know, they just tend to have a cause that they go about pushing for reasons other than maximum disruption. Sadly it's tough for them to have their trollish prowess noticed in an environment such as this with so many NTs about on campaigns of shock and awe.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
^damn straight Trin - the internet is OUR HOUSE BITCHES!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnECY26PSHk"]Unf[/YOUTUBE]

NFs can have their Seaworlds, peace corps excursions and U2 concerts kthx, but this is ours! :D

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
They can be, but mostly unintentionally, supplying all the correct details at all the wrong moments.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Most common troll types are probably ENTP, ENTJ, INTP, and INTJ. However, some of the more nerdy internet communities are completely dominated by INTPs and INTJs, so it's just a matter of probability sometimes.

Really? I don't think INTJs are into trolling for ENTERTAINMENT. We rather troll (or bully) unconsciously. We don't really see the point in riling people up. We know we have more important things to talk about.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Really? I don't think INTJs are into trolling for ENTERTAINMENT. We rather troll (or bully) unconsciously. We don't really see the point in riling people up. We know we have more important things to talk about.

INTJs will play WoW for days at a time for entertainment, what makes you think they wouldn't play a troll on a forum too? Their prevalence has most to do with them already being a common type as far as internet usage goes. Is it unconscious sometimes? Yeah. Both INTs get accused of being socially oblivious to things like that.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
INTJs will play WoW for days at a time for entertainment, what makes you think they wouldn't play a troll on a forum too? Their prevalence has most to do with them already being a common type as far as internet usage goes.

Your post sounds like your making one of the common fallacies: hasty generalization.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It seems like you are generalizing. I don't play WoW for straight six days. I tend to manage my time. And I think INTPs are more common internet users, although INTJs love the internet too.

Of course it's a generalization, what else would it be? That's what MBTI labels are.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Of course it's a generalization, what else would it be? That's what MBTI labels are.

Generalizations or stereotypes are formed by the majority of people on that label.

Ugh, I'm off.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't know which is worse, the farting or the annoyance.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
captain_obvious.gif

Your post sounds like your making one of the common fallacies: hasty generalization.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I noticed that EncyclopediaDramatica's article on MBTI portrayed ENTP as the only decent type. So I have a feeling a lot of /b/tards are ENTP.

If we're still on the topic of "confessions of a troll", I once trolled the Neopets Boards and a Jonas Brothers Forum. Not because I hate them both, but the idea of winding up the population of prepubescents seemed too tempting to pass up on. It's so easy.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Grungemouse, I am probably a jerk. Thankfully my enormous ego saves me. *sigh*

Sometimes buttons need to be pushed. Not just to dial for pizza delivery.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I noticed that EncyclopediaDramatica's article on MBTI portrayed ENTP as the only decent type. So I have a feeling a lot of /b/tards are ENTP.

If we're still on the topic of "confessions of a troll", I once trolled the Neopets Boards and a Jonas Brothers Forum. Not because I hate them both, but the idea of winding up the population of prepubescents seemed too tempting to pass up on. It's so easy.

Yeah. I trulled a Harry Potter forum. The mods actually encouraged me, because the trulling was so much more interesting than Harry Potter could ever be.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Grungemouse, I am probably a jerk. Thankfully my enormous ego saves me. *sigh*

Sometimes buttons need to be pushed. Not just to dial for pizza delivery.

LMAO

whats the difference between uncyclopedia and encyclopedika dramatica?

By the way, I once got owned by an ISTP on internet rolling. :dont: