• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP as internet trolls?

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not generalizing (seriously, a lot of INTPs are sane beings too) but it seems like a lot of trolls (and failtrolls) in the internet are INTPs.

Thoughts anyone?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would suggest that ENTPs are as likely to be in that category.

I would also suggest that when INTJs troll, they do so unconsciously.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I love trolling many forums!
On one website, I have a real account and a 'fake account'.
It's something fun to do when I'm bored especially when people 'feed the troll'.
I don't troll awesome ones like this one though, :D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs do indeed pwn INTPs in this area but someone with extreme religious beliefs, and a keen determination to let others know this, is the type that invariably wins the troll awards.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Heh, trolls are hilarious. I like watching people get really riled up over someone they've never seen before attacking their views.

Remember, there is nothing more important than proving that someone on the internet is wrong.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
To trolls! :cheers:

The internet has an endless supply of wrong people too. It is troll heaven.

What types accidentally troll, rather than entertainment troll?

theplacesyoullgo

I think of "trolling" as more of an ENTP activity. They're the ones who always fuck with Wikipedia... the ENTPs who generally aren't as witty as other ENTPs, anyway.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've noticed that too with INTPs. But I think ENTPs are too extroverted to be hanging around in the internet too much. I mean on the same pages. There's not enough of change of scenery...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get the NTP vibe from most trolls. I swear 4chan is solid NTPs.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I give the ENTPs their due here, they love to pick fights and rile people up and some of the immature ones do that via trolling. INTPs get in on the act too, but usually aren't as abrasive as their extroverted cousins.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I always think of trolls as either people who are lonely or people who need a great deal of attention.

Maybe one would be an I and the other an E?

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Most common troll types are probably ENTP, ENTJ, INTP, and INTJ. However, some of the more nerdy internet communities are completely dominated by INTPs and INTJs, so it's just a matter of probability sometimes.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I always think of trolls as either people who are lonely or people who need a great deal of attention.

Maybe one would be an I and the other an E?

I see this as very true. I have actually gotten to talking to one of these trolls and that was all they needed was someone to talk to, to express their anger to. He was such an INTP too. It's hard to not love your thinking cousins.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think of "trolling" as more of an ENTP activity. They're the ones who always fuck with Wikipedia... the ENTPs who generally aren't as witty as other ENTPs, anyway.

Well in all fairness an INTP made me do it :dry:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
It's hard for me to imagine INTJs and ENTJs trolling. There's no real point.

If you look at the people who have been banned from this forum, there is a couple ENTJs and a INTJ there I think. NTJs need attention too, and being overly inflammatory and trollish is just an easy and cheap route to get that.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I would suggest that ENTPs are as likely to be in that category.

I would also suggest that when INTJs troll, they do so unconsciously.

I think people have the tendency to project feeling or perceived negative intentions onto statements with INTJs, when none is actually there.

ENTPs do indeed pwn INTPs in this area but someone with extreme religious beliefs, and a keen determination to let others know this, is the type that invariably wins the troll awards.

:laugh: Classic

I give the ENTPs their due here, they love to pick fights and rile people up and some of the immature ones do that via trolling. INTPs get in on the act too, but usually aren't as abrasive as their extroverted cousins.

Yes. ENTPs are definitely in the overwhelming majority.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Yeah most definitely.... don't leave out ENTPs though. the INTP trols are definitely more hated-filled and righteous about offending a community...... even as you read this, I am plotting the creative destruction of this place and everyone you love! (but I do it in a positive way that allows the community to grow so that's ok!)

I bet the WoW Funeral Crash YouTube - Warcraft Funeral Crash was thought of by an INTP.... or at least the filming of it. Fuckin' horde punkass INTPs....