• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Laid-back ENTJs

Are ENTJs laid-back?

• Total voters

Lark

I'll be honest I try to structure and plan even my relaxation and down time, to the point where its not very relaxing and its timed out to the second, in part its because I work shifts and odd hours so my time management needs to be good in order for me to experience much conscious leisure time instead of simply sleeping or going from A to B.

Also I think I'm sort of addicted to the internet and a lot of time wastage happens that way, I'm much less so now because I'm conscious of it but I used to spare little thought for enjoyment in the past, everything I did when I had free time, even what I read when I read for enjoyment, was all part of an over arching idea as to what I wanted to have achieved in a year or in five or whatever.

Sometimes I'll still be doing something, like in the gym, and think what else could I be doing, how else could I have spent today its a curse.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The 8w7 ENTJs are the ones that are typically less laid back. They seem more manically obsessed with accomplishing their goals and getting shit done, and will often overlook diplomacy to do so.

The 8w9 ones, on the other hand, are a lot more concerned with keeping peace with those around them, so will often be more considerate and flexible to others' wills in lieu of getting shit done, thus coming across as more laid back. These guys are typically better at positive motivation/inspiration than 8w7s.

I believe that 8w7 ENTJs are more common than 8w9s, so that's where the overly aggressive/domineering/high-strung stigma comes from.

(And there are certainly other enneagrams for ENTJs, but these two are by far the most common.)

G

Glycerine

IMO, it really depends on the context. However, if you mess w/ their plan, get the HELL out of there.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm really energetic, so in that sense I'm not laid back at all - I like to always be doing something (unless I'm at the beach, under the sun). OTOH I really have never been described as controlling or extremely driven, I don't think I have a tendency to influence what other people are doing / want to do. So I guess I am not laid back in a "physical" sense, but I'm laid back in a "social" sense.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
3808925-Male-and-female-lion-20ft-up-in-a-tree-0.jpg

You guys need to chill.

(I'm an 8w7)

T

ThatGirl

I tend to be seen as laid back because I do not get too caught up in small shit. Most of the things people see as important I see as irrelevant. So things like gossip and social drama rarely bother me.

That said, I am rarely laid back with things that are important to me.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think they are. They're organized, prepared, and ready. Why wouldn't they be laid back after that?

Me, on the other hand, I'm constantly on the fritz, jumping from one procrastinated project to the next, always during the 11th hour and electrified with Red Bull.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like to think of myself as laid back but I am certain that all my friends would vehemently disagree.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe when they retire they get more laid back

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
"LAID BACK" would translate into my "DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, OR THIS" state of mind.

Such occurs when I'm surrounded by a bunch of mindless wild fools who don't have the slightest clue as to where they're headed in life (an exception would be a party when were all drunk).

Irrespectively, during normal operation if I'm forced to be around potheads, airheads, and general "fools" who don't share my aspirations and regard for true success and achievement - I cannot deplete my communication resources to foster their foolishness. And have no problem being that "guy in the corner" just taking it all in. In other words - 'I have nothing to say or comment about your self-destructive and wildly foolish agenda'

You would seldom find me at a full blown party, however, if I show up I usually am all over the place talking with 10 people at once and be the last one standing. Much more enjoyable "leisure" activities for me would be a weekend in Paris, and exotic trip to Iceland, an evening in the Jacuzzi killing a small bottle of BlackDeath vodka with my girlfriend, a shopping spree at the mall (AX/Express clothing ONLY), a day in the city (NY), and other more "sophisticated" my type kind of fun.

My true ENTJ "EXTROVERTED" state would be portrayed when I am surrounded by intelligent people, people I don't know well

Pretty much - except for the people that are close in my life --- I can literally make a zillion friends, break the ice, and make an unseen first impression with anyone --- BUT IT ENDS THERE.

I have trillions of acquaintances, but close friend relationships are not my thing.

To some I'm the reserved kid who just always seems to not care about anything -- to others, I'm best all in one funniest, loudest, craziest, and talkative person they've ever known.

BOTTOM LINE

For an ENTJ, extroversion depends on the specific situation. It is wrong to generally assume that the "E" means your ALWAYS the life of the party.

No, if you care about the party - an ENTJ will rock the house. If I wont get anything productive out such party then I'll just not care.:headphne:

proximo

I was in a relationship with a Moroccan ENTJ whose default position was sprawled out on a sofa with a hookah pipe hanging out of his mouth. He'd shrug at almost anything anyone said to him. He was the definition of imperturbable. He drove his mother crazy by frustrating all her ambitions for him, stubbornly refusing to work his butt off at college to become a doctor.

He had plans and ambitions, but they mostly revolved around being as autonomous and "free" as possible. So he did the minimum work he had to do to stay in college (so his parents would continue to pay for him to live in the UK), and steadily made himself contacts and social circles which he then converted into the beginnings of a customer base for his own landscape gardening business.

All his choices, desires and worldview were almost identikit ENTJ... he used to say his calmness was a result of growing up with super uptight parents, and seeing how their uptightness often thwarted their own aims. He had a temper alright, but it was a long fuse and very rarely lit - he was pretty good on the self-control and discipline, would only let his temper fly if he judged there was something to be gained by it, which he realised there usually wasn't, though much to be potentially lost.

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I agree with MoneyTick (except for the sophistication and ritz), but I'd like to add on.

I am laid back when it comes to certain things. But if it's a plan I have or something that MUST be done, I will become this absurdly uptight bitch barking out obscenities while I frantically try to get what needs to be done, done...even if it's something that doesn't need to be done for sometime. I tend to obsess about things, ergo become tense and antsy until it is done -- the exact opposite of laid back. Even while I am relaxing, I will be planning what I am going to be doing after relaxing.

The situations where I attempt at the whole laid back thing? Relationships. Only because I know that if I don't cool my jets, people tend to frown upon that. :\

proximo

But if it's a plan I have or something that MUST be done, I will become this absurdly uptight bitch barking out obscenities while I frantically try to get what needs to be done, done...

This is why my ENTJ used to say he needed me. I was the voice in his ear that said "not necessarily", and could persuade him that it didn't really, necessarily, absolutely NEED to be done RIGHT NOW or in THIS particular way, or even at all... and that maybe the best way to do it was to sit back outta the way, have some faith, and watch it get done all by itself.

He'd say, "This thing won't arrange itself you know!"
I'd reply, "Sure it will."
And it did.
After a few times, he learned that some chill time with the hookah was a much more enjoyable, yet no less efficient, way of getting some things done :D

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Hahha, my best friend is an ENFP and she is, ironically, the voice of reason in my life. Whenever I go off on my tangents, she is the one essentially telling me to chill the fuck out, play some Enya, and snag me a shot of vodka. All is then right in the world.

But when she is not there, haha, see above.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I had this HUGE response typed up about how I think I"m a laid back person..

I'm sitting next to one of my best friends, and I asked her " hey am I a laid-back person", and I did it in a really relaxed and non-intense manner.

she looks at me, laughs, and says " NO!! DEFINITELY NOT!"

I'm actually REALLY surprised. :laugh:

Hmmm, interesting...Almost a year to the day... I think I've learned to be a little more relaxed since. I'm still neurotic, but only about some things...

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Laid back on certain things.

If there is a deadline I will work my ass off to meet it. But typically I don't aggressively impose the deadline on others, I typically use a firm tone to get my point across. People get the message, you know, it's scarier if you talk in a low voice and slowly. If you're shouting and overreacting people think you're just irritating.

When I'm at home I typically do nothing other than to surf the net and do mindless reading. That being said I always keep myself busy with activities that are of some form of entertainment to me or beneficial.

On a side note, I am not the one to go around making huge amounts of acquaintances. I find them wasteful and I am much more content sitting by the sidelines and observe.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Both my sister and my best friend are ENTJs. Both believe they are extremely laid back. I had a long discussion with a few people (an INTP and an INFP, specifically) and we all agreed that ENTJ females appear to come across as INFPs upon first glance. They (the ones I know) go out of their way to be easy - everything from the hippy skirts to the "I'll get there when I get there" speeches.

But seriously, try to cook in their kitchen or drive their car with them in the passenger seat and see how "laid back" they really are.

To demonstrate how laid back she is, my bestie always tells me how she "allows" her boyfriend to make his own decisions.

This thread makes me chuckle.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Both my sister and my best friend are ENTJs. Both believe they are extremely laid back. I had a long discussion with a few people (an INTP and an INFP, specifically) and we all agreed that ENTJ females appear to come across as INFPs upon first glance. They (the ones I know) go out of their way to be easy - everything from the hippy skirts to the "I'll get there when I get there" speeches.

But seriously, try to cook in their kitchen or drive their car with them in the passenger seat and see how "laid back" they really are.

To demonstrate how laid back she is, my bestie always tells me how she "allows" her boyfriend to make his own decisions.

This thread makes me chuckle.

This post spoke to me.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hmmm, interesting...Almost a year to the day... I think I've learned to be a little more relaxed since. I'm still neurotic, but only about some things...

I'm curious to hear about your changes...