• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs - too cool for school! yes?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I hung mostly with the artsy nerds and troublemakers. Videogamers and some pot smokers on occasion. I would say that the group I really got along with most easily was the jocks though. I played soccer, so not necessarily football players and wrestlers. Our Football team was horrendous though, Lacrosse was the most popular sport at our school. My coaches and gym teachers always loved me but I was always more of a lone ranger and decidedly against interacting when I didn't have to. They'd always try and recruit me and get me to play their sports. It's funny in that just being athletic was enough for people to want to hang out with you and notice you. I always got a kick out of that. The jock man love could be flattering and amusing.

Ohh and the smart kids who wanted and tried, sometimes successfully, to be popular. Though sometimes not for the reasons they thought. I think more than anything it was fun seeing people trying to get a read on me and seeing them label me. I usually got soccer player, shy, quiet, class clown, troublemaker, athletic, and should get out more.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I hate my new school. I couldn't be arsed to make friends and now I'm annoyed because I have no one to talk to when I'm bored or lonely. So now I'm probably the school's creepy loner girl.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
Fuck yes I'm too cool for school, this'd be the second quiz this week that I haven't showed up for classes or looked at a book and got an A anyway.

thats only because teachers are too lazy to grade properly

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
thats only because teachers are too lazy to grade properly
It's funny how I could say it was an intj talking from the quote. :doh:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
As a NT the idea of cool and uncool is so completely tosser-ish, I was never observant enough of social expectations at school to give a shit nor did I care if I was loved, hated or unnoticed. What I did notice though was many of those who fell into the trap of desperately trying to be cool or popular had to take on board a sheep mentality and do, think, believe the same things are their friends for fear they would be kicked out of the cool/popular club... how is that cool.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I will admit to being a total loser in high school. :) In summary: .... I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby.... listen to Iron Maiden baby...

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
In my school, the runner up for homecoming queen was an ENTJ, and she was also one of the valedictorians.

My debate partner in classes was an ENTx, and he was very popular.

One of the hottest guys in my grade was an INTJ, and the most liked and best looking teacher (he was 27, so it's not weird :)) was also and INTJ.

Yes, the others were seen as weird, or flew under the radar.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
It's difficult to say what the right path is.
By following social norms by the book, the reward seems to be sex.
Especially those ESFJ cheerleader types...:D

Not following social norms seems to get you pegged as undesirable except by those who choose to not follow norms either.. and given the days of uber feminism, most of the females who don't follow social norms (while they may be naturally pretty) don't spend a lot of time on makeup.

R

Riva

Not following social norms seems to get you pegged as undesirable except by those who choose to not follow norms either.. and given the days of uber feminism, most of the females who don't follow social norms (while they may be naturally pretty) don't spend a lot of time on makeup.

this so so freakin true.