• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] I have an ENTJ friend who compliments me all the time...

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(and we'd find infjs to pay for our drinks anyway)[/S] I DIDN't SAY THAT!

Hey :( just because someone is nice to you doesnt mean its okay to take advantage :p
Thats not nice, you might get the doorslam!!!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
like totally! :holy:

(or I'd get the dirty old man at the end of the bar to buy drinks all evening by smiling in that direction occasionally! it seriously works :shock:)

And when it gets old I'd start sending him obvious dirty winks:devil:

Hey :( just because someone is nice to you doesnt mean its okay to take advantage :p
Thats not nice, you might get the doorslam!!!
Me? what?
NEVER! :cry:

Look at my teddy bear!
LOOK HIM IN THE EYES AND DARE TO SAY HE'S EVIL!

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really?
Mine likes me cause he can carry me around the house like his little rag doll and torture me with tickles. And I can't do anything about it. And i'm one big puzzle to be solved. I need to be fed, my dishes need to be done, my back needs to be cracked. And ENTJ's love puzzles and problems.

Just sayin.

I'm a paradox..I puzzle myself.
Your relationship sounds sweet :)
I'm extremely flirtatious and whimsical.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And when it gets old I'd start sending him obvious dirty winks:devil:

Me? what?
NEVER! :cry:

Look at my teddy bear!
LOOK HIM IN THE EYES AND DARE TO SAY HE'S EVIL!

Teddy isnt evil...but the ducky in the teddy suit is!

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I actually think complements for ENTJs mean more than from others. It's an obvious tell that he likes you. And you only assume he wouldn't have legitimate reasons. Honestly when I want to just bed someone I don't give the game away via an obvious complement. My bet is he is sincere and has a crush on you. ENTJs can be secretly sentimental.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, they want a mate back home when they're done conquering the multiverse.

I agree with rangler, either the guy's really bad at flirting or he really likes u

I don't have enough information to tell

MBTI Type
INxJ
He wants to have sex with you. Decide if that's where you want it to go. The end.

G

garbage

Yeah, we're not exactly ones to not make our intentions clear.

It's hard to tell whether he's looking for a fling or for a relationship, but it's obvious that he's interested in something. I tend to have more of a compulsion to compliment and do favors for people I'm into.

Actually, if it's sex that I'm after, I'm upfront about it.. because what's the point of dancing around a one-night stand? For dating and relationships, I tend to display the sort of "subtlety" that he has here because there's more at stake.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I feel obligated to defend ENTJs' value systems. We do things strategically. If I had a choice between being strategically valuable to someone or being randomly assigned value by someone, I would prefer the first.

Others may disagree, and that's fine.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I actually think complements for ENTJs mean more than from others. It's an obvious tell that he likes you. And you only assume he wouldn't have legitimate reasons. Honestly when I want to just bed someone I don't give the game away via an obvious complement. My bet is he is sincere and has a crush on you. ENTJs can be secretly sentimental.

This. Everyone here is making assumptions about his intentions - I really don't think type alone is enough to decide whether or not the guy is interested - and if so, if he's interested in just sex or something more. From my POV, it's significant that he's sweet and complimentary - he likes you in some way. No harm in going out with him. If he tries to get into your pants at the end of a coffee-shop date, you can turn him down no harm no foul.

MUST. SIGNAL. KINDNESS. TRUSTWORTHINESS. APPEAR. NON-THREATENING.

This is hilarious.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
This. Everyone here is making assumptions about his intentions - I really don't think type alone is enough to decide whether or not the guy is interested - and if so, if he's interested in just sex or something more. From my POV, it's significant that he's sweet and complimentary - he likes you in some way. No harm in going out with him. If he tries to get into your pants at the end of a coffee-shop date, you can turn him down no harm no foul.

Yes, but. This is why compliments are worthless.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I really don't think type alone is enough to decide whether or not the guy is interested

That's right, you don't even need type. If a guy compliments you in a continuous and consistent way, then he's into you, whatever his type is.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, they want a mate back home when they're done conquering the multiverse.

ROFL haha... ENTJs can be quite hard on themselves...they need that reassurance when they return from their conquests (some of which invariably fail)

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
This Post has made me think quite a bit. i guess you have to decide if his compliments are Flirtatious, or if they are heartfelt.

if he is anythiing like me, believe me when i say anything he says in that line is going to be very very literal. so if he says you are awesome, he means it. we don't pussy foot around, and we don't pander to peoples emotions rather well :)

perhaps he is just getting in your pants, but generally for me, when that is the only intention, i am usually very upfront about it, or i hint in the most obvious of ways. i will tell sex jokes, and talk about it, and test those waters with the person for about a week, and if they give me what seems to be an all clear, then i would make a very very VERY obvious move and there would be no way of confusing it with just complimenting someone.

i give compliments rather sparingly, mostly because generally i don't feel people are that worthy of compliments, but when i give them they are generally given with the intention of presenting openness and honesty. We think almost as literally as we think.

when you say CONSTANTLY how often are we talking? say...per day?

sculpting

I only can count a few ENTJs on my list, but the ones I have known have a pretty strict standard of behavior. Unlike the lush entps, they can see the consequences of thier actions miles down the road. I had a collegue I respected quite a bit who was an ENTJ. Always on best behavior, when not decapitating the useless. He went to a company party after taking meds for back pain, and then drank on top of them. That night we found out that he really did admire the ladies, and he thought I had nice legs. I became his party chaprone and detoured him back towards his room once he started getting way too out of hand. It was actually funny to see an entj have moments of weakness.

I think if your guy just wanted sex he would find it elsewhere. He sounds like he has a more long term interest with the compliments.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
agreed. we generally hold back quite alot of our affectionate advances until we are sure that you are going to respond in the way that we want. otherwise 1) we don't waste our time pursuing whatever it is we are attempting to pursue and, 2) we don't endanger our integrity for nothing.

this is especially true in the work force. one of the largest insults to an ENTJ is to say you aren't the best in the workplace ;) and sexual harassment complaints do nothing for that reputation.

speaking from personal experience, in my work place there are only two people that i would utter a single joke about sex in the presence of, and that is only now because i crossed every T and dotted ever I on the checklist of mutual conversation with each individual. we are very good at subtle when we want to be (mostly because most people really aren't expecting it, they just don't see it when we are) we usually test the waters first.

i guess to help apply that to your situation you would have to think did the compliments start out small and slowly get bigger and bigger.

this can be explained by some as desperation, or an increase in affection, but i say it is more that he is building up to a trust relationship where he is sure you are reciprocal in his advances.

they say we ENTJ are as Blunt as Axes and Subtle as Bricks, but don't for a second think we can't fly under the radar every now and then.

as a matter of interest, are you interested in this ENTJ?

either way, if i am right he would appreciate some subtle, yet firm instruction on your intentions and feelings.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Ok...let me tell you something about one or two ENTJs from experience.
They like to get to business, even if they don't really know you.
You're like a "goal". If they like you they don't stop and will go through a lot just to get your attention.
I remember this guy who took my necklace to "compliment it".
(Yeah, I'm not that clueless=>booobiiieess!)
I thought long and hard about the "niceties" guys do for girls:
1)Let me kiss your hand, so that your breasts get in the picture when I look up to your "face."
2) Let me hold the door for you, so I can get a better view of your butt.
Nobody is nice without a reason.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This Post has made me think quite a bit. i guess you have to decide if his compliments are Flirtatious, or if they are heartfelt.

if he is anythiing like me, believe me when i say anything he says in that line is going to be very very literal. so if he says you are awesome, he means it. we don't pussy foot around, and we don't pander to peoples emotions rather well :)

perhaps he is just getting in your pants, but generally for me, when that is the only intention, i am usually very upfront about it, or i hint in the most obvious of ways. i will tell sex jokes, and talk about it, and test those waters with the person for about a week, and if they give me what seems to be an all clear, then i would make a very very VERY obvious move and there would be no way of confusing it with just complimenting someone.

i give compliments rather sparingly, mostly because generally i don't feel people are that worthy of compliments, but when i give them they are generally given with the intention of presenting openness and honesty. We think almost as literally as we think.

when you say CONSTANTLY how often are we talking? say...per day?

Everytime we talk and he tries to look out for me.

Last edited:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
2) Let me hold the door for you, so I can get a better view of your butt.
Nobody is nice without a reason.

WHOA. So everytime someone holds a door open for me they are checking out my butt?! Awesome. :cool: Wait, thinking about some of the people that have held the door open for me, not so awesome. :(

Rainbows, I say that if you like the guy go out with him and see what his intentions are. There is a chance he likes you and wants more than just sex from you.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
WHOA. So everytime someone holds a door open for me they are checking out my butt?! Awesome. :cool: Wait, thinking about some of the people that have held the door open for me, not so awesome. :(

Rainbows, I say that if you like the guy go out with him and see what his intentions are. There is a chance he likes you and wants more than just sex from you.

Aw, don't be disappointed. That's not all they think about:hug:. I promise.
(They do think about it a whole lot though:devil:. Just a simple deduction I noticed with guys in my experience that is.)