• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] I have an ENTJ friend who compliments me all the time...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Nobody is nice without a reason.

Yeah but I mean, if the reason is because he-she likes you, then it's a totally okay kind of motivation!

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I agree ENTJs need a reason to be nice, but half the time it's a damned good reason. If he likes your personality, your humor, your look, your intellect, or anything else that's reason enough to be nice. Give him the opportunity to express exactly why it is that he's sweet on you.

ENTJs may be insensitive, but are really only intentionally mean to those we don't respect or feel threatened by. I like the idea of a coffee date, and if he's an ass, ditch him.

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
i think the important thing to remember with this whole "date him and see" thing is to not lead him on too much. especially if you don't have intentions of dating this ENTJ.

i know that if you give him too much attention, if you ever want to say no to him in the future you are setting yourself up for hardships, because once you give him that positive affirmation that you like him, he will then have reason to fight for you, and yes, you will become one of his greatest conquests. its one of the few reasons ENTJ can make excellent partners. in all our pitfalls we are very dedicated to 'the cause' and will do anything to reach our targets.

both a blessing and a curse sometimes.

at least thats what the folder of restraining orders in my desk say.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree ENTJs need a reason to be nice, but half the time it's a damned good reason. If he likes your personality, your humor, your look, your intellect, or anything else that's reason enough to be nice. Give him the opportunity to express exactly why it is that he's sweet on you.

ENTJs may be insensitive, but are really only intentionally mean to those we don't respect or feel threatened by. I like the idea of a coffee date, and if he's an ass, ditch him.

Yea, this is true. And if you are their friend/ girlfriend, they'll do just about anything for you.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Nobody is nice without a reason.

Cynic! ;)

I like the idea of a coffee date, and if he's an ass, ditch him.

This. And if you do decide to ditch him, don't be wishy washy about it. I mean, don't be rude, but make it clear you're not interested,

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Just really really nice stuff. Like how sweet I am...kind hearted etc etc. (He works with me) He says he generally doesnt have good female friends, but he likes me. He always is telling me how wonderful I am etc...
Could it be he is complimenting me like this because he likes me as more than a friend? He also goes out of his way to talk to me at times.
I'm not used to ENTJs I'm more able to read other types..
Can someone explain this to me?

I think he's just happy that you exist... the stereotypical ENTJ is 'surrounded by idiots' (this is how the ENTJ feels like :p), and so if someone comes along with half a brain and a big heart, then thats something to be cherished... I get all soft and giggly when I encounter such a beautiful person. :)
you should really realize what kind of a compliment this is! It means he finds you one of the most beautiful persons (beautiful inside and out) that exist

If he thinks this of you, then he would have no problems having a relationship with you more than friends. But don't get paranoid about letting him down or anything... if he thinks you are this beautiful, it really doesn't matter if youre a friend or a lover :)
He just wants you in his life.

I get angry though if someone is unclear about the kind of relationship we have -- if I have a female friend, I don't want her to be all over me and ask things she asks of a lover but give back what she gives a friend - thats not fair, so don't do that.
Be a friend or a lover, not something in between.
You decide. :p

PS: ENTJs can be overly nice sometimes, to make up for their regular unaffectionate asshole act. We'd like to be nicer but we can't, we really really can't be as nice as you... not all the time anywayss

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think he's just happy that you exist... the stereotypical ENTJ is 'surrounded by idiots' (this is how the ENTJ feels like :p), and so if someone comes along with half a brain and a big heart, then thats something to be cherished... I get all soft and giggly when I encounter such a beautiful person. :)
you should really realize what kind of a compliment this is! It means he finds you one of the most beautiful persons (beautiful inside and out) that exist

If he thinks this of you, then he would have no problems having a relationship with you more than friends. But don't get paranoid about letting him down or anything... if he thinks you are this beautiful, it really doesn't matter if youre a friend or a lover :)
He just wants you in his life.

I get angry though if someone is unclear about the kind of relationship we have -- if I have a female friend, I don't want her to be all over me and ask things she asks of a lover but give back what she gives a friend - thats not fair, so don't do that.
Be a friend or a lover, not something in between.
You decide. :p

PS: ENTJs can be overly nice sometimes, to make up for their regular unaffectionate asshole act. We'd like to be nicer but we can't, we really really can't be as nice as you... not all the time anywayss

THIS ^^^

I will just add that we HATE uncertainty... I have no problem in the short term admitting "i dont know"....but all that usually means is that i need to go figure it out. Nothing is un-fixable or un-definable in the ENTJ mind. I dont need labels, but at a certain point i need evidence to "settle" the issue of how a person feels about me (the tweeners drive us crazy).

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
its either Yes or No, date or don't date. friends or something more. and you have to clear and concise with him, otherwise he will get hurt.

Leonardo is a very smart man, take heed of his advice, because ithink he speaks true of pretty much all ENTJ

ENTJ Extraordinaire

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w1
i am being serious. i don't think i can agree more with anyone else's post as much as i do yours.