• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The site's main suggestion for me was, suprise, suprise: ENTP, with alternates to consider, being: INTP then ESTP.

If someone asked me to rank in terms of how easily I can imitate a type, that was only 1 letter off, given, ENTP, it would go: INTP>ESTP>ENTJ>ENFP.
(and, more than 1 letters, INTJ would be b/w INTP and ESTP).

:doh: Yeah, I just fail, utterly fail, at the feeling buziness....I'm currently having a discussion with Happy-Pup where I'm proposing that Ti is the antithesis of Fi, more so than any other function dichotomy. It's the tunnel-vision of logic at it's height, and I think this hinders (and thus exhibits) my dismal F-scores.

Also, I've been in a rut the last few months, and will continue to be so for the next few, as it's the last leg of my schooling and I'm feeling the burn-out and the complete supression of curiosity as every waking and sleeping thought have been about the finish line now. More blah...more introverted?

Finally, I will never forget the :shock: and slow calm that came as I read ENTP profiles after ENTP profiles like, "That. Is. ME!"

Thanks, Jeno & A.O. for piquing my interest in function order (started with Happy-pup's recent threads)...and of course, thanks A.O. for allowing me to derail the thread.

To stay on topic: I would not TRY to date you, A.O.

(what exactly does the word "try" imply? Resistance from you? Least-assumptions about respondents on your behalf (try/would)? A challenge?

Don't be bothered since I am measuring how long it will take for people to notice that they are posting stuff in the wrong thread. ;)

Well this thread was started as a quick information gathering method for me but it never died. I have poped the question because I thought I have nothing to lose by doing so.

That "try" is there only becuse I am difficult to get a long in real life. Nothing more.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Why is it the wrong thread to post in? People go off on tangents all the time...
Everyone is difficult to know if they don't meet you halfway. I suppose if you liked someone enough, you would "open up" more (to borrow a phrase from my feely friends...)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Why is it the wrong thread to post in? People go off on tangents all the time...
Everyone is difficult to know if they don't meet you halfway. I suppose if you liked someone enough, you would "open up" more (to borrow a phrase from my feely friends...)

In my opinion the thread in which the link towads that site is is more appropriate place. But don't see this as a big deal.

I am well aware of the "half way" thing but in my case it is more expressed.
I presume I would open up.

Qre:us

In my opinion the thread in which the link towads that site is is more appropriate place. But don't see this as a big deal.

I am well aware of the "half way" thing but in my case it is more expressed.
I presume I would open up.

I have a question for you, spurred by fidelia's thread in the NT section about writers...

A.O., can you try [;)] and give a scenario of what a romance would be like for you? How you want to meet them, how you would connect, how it would develop?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have a question for you, spurred by fidelia's thread in the NT section about writers...

A.O., can you try [;)] and give a scenario of what a romance would be like for you? How you want to meet them, how you would connect, how it would develop?

Well this is the main reason why I have opened this thread.
By this I means that I never had romantic feelings towards anyone. So answering this question is a tricky business.

How we will neet is actually totally irrelevant to me if it happens that we really like each other.

It be honest the only way a connection can start is through intellectual chit-chit and some physical attraction. I could be wrong but I think this is how it would start if it ever happens.

So from that starting point everything else should be created. How it would develop greatly depends upon personality traits of the other side.
After that comes getting used to each other on a level of small things.

Probably we would need to be friends for a few/months before anything really happens.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
I'm quite taken, so that wouldn't ever happen.

If I had an identical clone, she might. INTJ observations are like crack for those addicted to brutal honesty, even if I don't agree with the honest opinion...it's at least something real to chew on. And I like a challenge. You seem nice enough. :)

Well this is the main reason why I have opened this thread.
By this I means that I never had romantic feelings towards anyone. So answering this question is a tricky business.

How we will neet is actually totally irrelevant to me if it happens that we really like each other.

It be honest the only way a connection can start is through intellectual chit-chit and some physical attraction. I could be wrong but I think this is how it would start if it ever happens.

So from that starting point everything else should be created. How it would develop greatly depends upon personality traits of the other side.
After that comes getting used to each other on a level of small things.

Probably we would need to be friends for a few/months before anything really happens.

That's quite sweet, Mr. INTJ. Friendship turned to romance. What would be five things, in list of priority, that you would want to connect with the other person on? (intellectual connection, physical attraction are two...3 more to go)

What I'm particularly interested in, is if you could flesh out the 'small things', and what you mean by that?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
That's quite sweet, Mr. INTJ. Friendship turned to romance. What would be five things, in list of priority, that you would want to connect with the other person on? (intellectual connection, physical attraction are two...3 more to go)

What I'm particularly interested in, is if you could flesh out the 'small things', and what you mean by that?

Maybe it is sweet but it could be necessity since I doubt that you can fall for me just like that (but chances exist) since even if I am trying to get along with people I am not personal.

I am curious, can you connect with another person on much more ways then five ?

As for the small things, well you will have to "learn" not to freak out/become annoyed in some situations just because you have a feeling that you are dating a machine.

Some of the examples could be: that you will probably wake up quite often alone in a bad. Since I sleep 7 hours maximum. Or that you will be more tired and hungry then me most of the time.
Which means that I don't eat too much and I am usually absent minded during a meal.

That my walking speed is 2-3 times faster then a speed of a average person or that I can take a walk that lasts for 6 hours.

Usually my "jokes" are consider nasty .

Since I am into geology you can expect that the way how you see world will fall apart. For example on this forum I am consider to be a member from Europe. But this is not exactly true since in geological sense my country is not really a part of Europe. Plus I gather rocks as a hoby.
If I am not mistaken Kangirl knows how it is like to live with one of us.

Also It would be really nice if the other side can tolerate situations when I show how developed my NTJ side really is. If you didn't come across one thread about one game of RISK I can make a link for you.

The thing is that I am like that most of the time but I simply don't show it.
For me it is normal to create a list of fact I would like to get from another person. So usually people think that we are just having a casual conversation but that is not the case. Since I try to direct a conversation in a direction that suits me.

People which know me a little bit better find a little bit disturbing how much I suck at spontancity. For example if I expect that more social situation is ahead of me I can even learn a few jokes just to fit in better.

However this also means that I will be able to tolerate quirks of the other side. Especially since I would not mind dating another eccentric.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
In the first half of your post (up until you said you collect rocks as a hobby), you sound exactly like me - but I sleep much less than that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In the first half of your post (up until you said you collect rocks as a hobby), you sound exactly like me - but I sleep much less than that.

I am not suprised because those are more of less NT characteritics.
But that post was directed to every one not just NTs.

Well. it is well known fact that people in the US don't sleep enough.
Be honest. is this your natural tendency or you simply don't have the time ?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well. it is well known fact that people in the US don't sleep enough.
Be honest. is this your natural tendency or you simply don't have the time ?

I don't know. I've been this way since I was very young so it feels natural. If I don't have the time, it's because I've molded my life to be that way. No one told me have so many businesses.

Maybe it is sweet but it could be necessity since I doubt that you can fall for me just like that (but chances exist) since even if I am trying to get along with people I am not personal.

What do you mean by the bolded? If you are trying (meaning: intent) to get along with people (meaning: an intended audience), then, it assumes that you are directing X at a chosen person/group (thus, personalizing it). You could probably say you are not as personable as you see the masses around you be, but, if you try to aim/direct 'getting along' towards someone, by that very intent, you've made it personal.

I am curious, can you connect with another person on much more ways then five ?

Of course, silly. I was trying to start easy - and chose a random number, 5.

If I am not mistaken Kangirl knows how it is like to live with one of us.

I dunno, probably in the past, she's dated INTJ, but, currently she's with an INFP, if I remember correctly.

As for the small things, well you will have to "learn" not to freak out/become annoyed in some situations just because you have a feeling that you are dating a machine.

Some of the examples could be: that you will probably wake up quite often alone in a bad. Since I sleep 7 hours maximum. Or that you will be more tired and hungry then me most of the time.
Which means that I don't eat too much and I am usually absent minded during a meal.

That my walking speed is 2-3 times faster then a speed of a average person or that I can take a walk that lasts for 6 hours.

Usually my "jokes" are consider nasty .

Since I am into geology you can expect that the way how you see world will fall apart. For example on this forum I am consider to be a member from Europe. But this is not exactly true since in geological sense my country is not really a part of Europe. Plus I gather rocks as a hoby.

Also It would be really nice if the other side can tolerate situations when I show how developed my NTJ side really is. If you didn't come across one thread about one game of RISK I can make a link for you.

The thing is that I am like that most of the time but I simply don't show it.
For me it is normal to create a list of fact I would like to get from another person. So usually people think that we are just having a casual conversation but that is not the case. Since I try to direct a conversation in a direction that suits me.

Nothing out of the ordinary on those above, it won't be that hard to find a compatibility.

People which know me a little bit better find a little bit disturbing how much I suck at spontancity. For example if I expect that more social situation is ahead of me I can even learn a few jokes just to fit in better.

The bolded made me go 'aww' a bit, it's kinda endearing knowing you try that hard. As for the spontaneity (spontancity?), IJs just need EPs to balance that out.

However this also means that I will be able to tolerate quirks of the other side. Especially since I would not mind dating another eccentric.

And, above all else, this here is the key to success in any relationship - willingness to compromise.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly ?

I don't understand how did you get to any of that conclusions, with the exception of control freak. I presume that "folk rock from the 70s" part is a joke.

Ah. I thought my post was overblown enough that it would only come off as half serious. What I wrote was a caricature of the most extreme traits (highs: masculinity, confidence, authoritarianism; lows: empathy, spontaneity, attention to style). In all, it seemed to amount to someone who either was or very much identified with a kind of traditionally oriented (authoritarian+lack of attention to style) "good ol' boy" (high masculinity and confidence) persona, and went from there. My response was solely focused on the stats posted, and my reaction to them. It was thoughtless of me to not have considered that you'd have taken it personally. No harm meant.

That said, I am curious now how you feel those traits in the stats come together in terms of your personality. The sense one gets from the traits that you posted is just so particular I'm fascinated now to find out what the real person is like.

stigmatica

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I read through an inhuman amount of this thread, and there seems to be some question as to your sex? Either way, if you WERE in fact female, I would not be overly attracted to you. You lack a certain level of femininity for my taste. If you're female, I apologize for any offense. There are plenty out there with a taste to suit, I'm sure.

I read through an inhuman amount of this thread, and there seems to be some question as to your sex? Either way, if you WERE in fact female, I would not be overly attracted to you. You lack a certain level of femininity for my taste. If you're female, I apologize for any offense. There are plenty out there with a taste to suit, I'm sure.

He

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What do you mean by the bolded? If you are trying (meaning: intent) to get along with people (meaning: an intended audience), then, it assumes that you are directing X at a chosen person/group (thus, personalizing it). You could probably say you are not as personable as you see the masses around you be, but, if you try to aim/direct 'getting along' towards someone, by that very intent, you've made it personal.

By bolded part I mean that I don't talk much and I am formal in my appeoach.
In the case I live in the countries like US I would not be that much unusual but here I am.

Of course, silly. I was trying to start easy - and chose a random number, 5.

This is why I ask since I am not sure I can name more then five of then so I am asking to enlighten me.

Nothing out of the ordinary on those above, it won't be that hard to find a compatibility.

Again depends on where you live. Nothing of that is that much unusual but I have a number of traits like this.

The bolded made me go 'aww' a bit, it's kinda endearing knowing you try that hard. As for the spontaneity (spontancity?), IJs just need EPs to balance that out.

Sorry that was a typo.
Well if I see the point of getting along I will try not to comes an too blunt and too direct. To be honest I am not sure if you can really change this.

And, above all else, this here is the key to success in any relationship - willingness to compromise.

I know, that is why I said it but to be honest I am not sure to what degree that claim is correct since I never had a chance to see how much it is correct.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I am a guy.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Ah. I thought my post was overblown enough that it would only come off as half serious. What I wrote was a caricature of the most extreme traits (highs: masculinity, confidence, authoritarianism; lows: empathy, spontaneity, attention to style). In all, it seemed to amount to someone who either was or very much identified with a kind of traditionally oriented (authoritarian+lack of attention to style) "good ol' boy" (high masculinity and confidence) persona, and went from there. My response was solely focused on the stats posted, and my reaction to them. It was thoughtless of me to not have considered that you'd have taken it personally. No harm meant.

That said, I am curious now how you feel those traits in the stats come together in terms of your personality. The sense one gets from the traits that you posted is just so particular I'm fascinated now to find out what the real person is like.

This why I am asking in the first place since entire thing sounded too stereotypical. I didn't take it personally.

The reason why your "analysis" was incorrect was because you have overlooked the parts like imagenitive and functual.
Aesthetics is important about being traditional.

I am scientific , relatively closed-minded since I think that most information around me is uselss or incorrect. I lack to ability to be spontaneous.
I have the tendency to appear humorless. Very aloof, I never had a close friendship. I think that most of people see me as quite pessimistic while I think that I am simply realistic. I suck at feelings and arts. If there is more then a five people around I tend to become invisible, One on one I am naturally dominant.

I don't really care about social conventions much. I am not obssesed with raw efficiency since I understand that efficiency is something subjective. Plus my environment is too chaotic and random for my taste. So I try to get the job done well instead of "perfect". I like dabates.
I tend not to become fat.

I guess this would be it in short.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The reason why your "analysis" was incorrect was because you have overlooked the parts like imagenitive and functual.
Aesthetics is important about being traditional.

I definitely agree that I missed the mark for various reasons, but we'll get to that in a second.

I wonder two things, and feel free to shoot them down or ignore them if theyre too personal. First, have you been involved with many women in the past? Second, reading some of your earlier posts you mentioned that you feel you'd be ideally suited to an ExTJ woman. Why do you believe this and what are your aspirations for a relationship with this type of woman?