• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I said that I will give you an explanation so I will.

Btw you guys don't have to worry that I will see your approach as attacking since " Your are denying your fellings" is like " How was your day? " to me.
I have heard that one so many times that it does not even register as something special in my head.

Well I see that people are getting a wrong idea about me. To me it looks that I can come as a robot but that is not who I am. In the case I am quite P on my current tendencies I would be a robot.
But I am simply too J to be a one of those typical robot guys. So I am more among the lines of Darth Vader actually.

Since most posters are form English speaking countries they presume that I am an outcast of some sort. Since that would make sense in their cultures.
But that is not true. By a large degree I am the one that said that I don't want to have something to do with most of them. What changes the entire context.

I live in a country were people are not very well educated so when I end what I plan to finnish when it comes to education I will be in the 1% of the most educated people in the country. (even if I don't get PhD one day)
So majority of people are not right for me by default.

My enviroment is quite Pish so I have a clash with entire culture. For example I can't use my Te properly without hurting someone or make them uncomfortabe. So I am hidding it and I am doing it for years and in many cases.
Since I am quite introverted people simply don't expect that someone has so strong Te as I do. Plus my self-confidace is quite high what is atypical for people like me. (at least in my society).

I was always quite introverted but I was never really isolated. Which is because I am too NTJ to allow this to happen. So I have bulit a network of contact over the years. In which are people I can trust but I am simply too distant to call this a friendship. But if I say/ask to do something I will get it for sure.
So through this machanism I was able to live like this for years and have a progress at the same time.

So I never looked at this as "nobody really wants me" Actually many people would like to know me better becuse of my unconventional approach towards pretty much everything. Which is exactly becuse I am alone most of the time so everything I do I do on my own way.

So I never looked at socializing and everything that comes with it as something that is out of my reach.

But things are not that simple. When I was a small kid my FP parents were too forceful about emotions and they have caused and overload. So I have dismissed an entire concept as junk. For example they did that with music which resulted with the outcome that I have never developed a real connection with it. What means that I have at start lost a huge amount of potential to develop F traits normaly (like Fi). When I was a teenager people on regular bases would feel uncomfortabe in my room since there were no posters on my white walls. Since I did not "worship" idols typical for that age. What means that it was hard to relate to people of my age (plus my INTJness). So I have developed differently that people around me.

Since I have graduated as the best in highschool no one had a willpower to ask questions. So I hava manage to get through all of this without problems.

People usually say that they hope that I will one day open myself emotinally.
But they fail to understand that I have nothing to show. Since I don't have fluffy interior like other people of my type or other NTs.
I hold some personal opnions but they are not fluffy at all.

I can warm up a little bit but that is still far from what it should be. So this is one of the main reasons why I am missunderstood. I simply have to much with a certain sterotypes for people to accept this and everybody think that I am lying to myself and they are willing to bet that I do that.

Since I am like this I was never able to relate to Fs which could balance me out a little bit. Also there was no common ground. So I have lost another hypotetical chunk of my F this way.

But that is not all since when I was a very young I started to play "strategy games" of many kinds. What means that I was trained to see people as pawns. One afternoon of playing games like this means that you will see about a few thousand deaths in average. So when you multiply this with 17 years of expaernce you will get a huge amount of deaths since I have started at the age of 7. Back then there was no video games are bad for your children adittude since entire thing was new.

So not only that I have watched people die I gave a direct order for all those people to be killed. What is even worse.
For me it is not unusual that I burn down an entire village simply becuse it is full of politically unfit people.

I think that I will meke a thread about this since It looks llike a good topic and I would dare to say that I know this topic well.

I am not violent person at all but this was terrible for my ability to developpe empathy/sympathy. Since I saw a way too much destruction which was done simply because I wanted that to happen.

So I never got a chance to develope elemants that people consider to be normal for human beings. Especially since I don't have a sibling to balance me out a little bit. (socially and emotionally).
In a way it is weird how much sane I actually am after all of this.

This is why natural me can scare people: since I have a good planning skills but I suck at compassion completly and I have a quite good self-esteem. While I can survive for weeks without talking to people and I don't have social phobias typical for strong introverts.
Plus I have a strong intellect.

What is simply too much for most people.

So I made a plan how to get out of this. I will stop hidding my Te even if it can make someone uncimfortabe at the moment. Since it is my main function for dealing with the world and it quite well developed. (because of video games)

I will try to turn my contact into real friendships. Which shouldn't be a problem.

I think that I should first try to deveople some extroversion and only then I will be able to develope some real feelings. But I will none the less remain cold hearted guy since that is what I am.

I hope that all of this make sense.

P

Phantonym

On which type(s) I should keep an eye on?

Maybe you shouldn't concentrate this much on types. Keep an eye on people and keep an open mind. Give the hamster running your analytical brain some rest.

Trust me, I dont have a heart.

Even if this was meant as sarcasm, who are you trying to convince more - yourself or others?

As to your initial question - Yes. I'd at least try to date you. Just to get to know you better.
Would it last? I guess we'll never know.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sure, I'll date you. By traveling into the future and analyzing the carbon-14 in your remains via liquid scintillation counting after you've become fossilized, that is. Don't see why you're so eager to be dated, though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Maybe you shouldn't concentrate this much on types. Keep an eye on people and keep an open mind. Give the hamster running your analytical brain some rest.

Even if this was meant as sarcasm, who are you trying to convince more - yourself or others?

As to your initial question - Yes. I'd at least try to date you. Just to get to know you better.
Would it last? I guess we'll never know.

I know that. But since this is a site about generalizations and I am here for a while now I asked the question this way.

Well, there was a sarcasm in that claim but there is a lot of truth in it.
Since my basic asumbtions in life is that mankinds destiny is to become extinct.
This is the core of who I am.

Sure, I'll date you. By traveling into the future and analyzing the carbon-14 in your remains via liquid scintillation counting after you've become fossilized, that is. Don't see why you're so eager to be dated, though.

Because I am a explorer, analyst and strategist by nature.
So I think I should at least try.

L

Lasting_Pain

Hmmm, If I was a girl I would date you and use you for your intellect.

juggernaut

Permabanned
To be honest I know almost nothing about this and I never had a opportunity to see where I stand in this. Since most of you know me for sometime it occured to me that I could pop up the question/thread.

Why yes, why not ?

No, because you're about fifteen years too young, and I never initiate romantic poop.

P

Phantonym

Since my basic asumbtions in life is that mankinds destiny is to become extinct.

I must agree with you on that. Sad, but true.

Makes me wonder.
I know and observe that, but still do nothing. And I feel guilty because of that. But, despite that, I reckon I do have a heart.

You know and observe the demise of mankind. Is your idea of not having a heart the fact that you don't do anything about it and you don't feel guilty about it either?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I must agree with you on that. Sad, but true.

Makes me wonder.
I know and observe that, but still do nothing. And I feel guilty because of that. But, despite that, I reckon I do have a heart.

You know and observe the demise of mankind. Is your idea of not having a heart the fact that you don't do anything about it and you don't feel guilty about it either?

Would you believe me if I say "Neither" for that two options ?

P

Phantonym

Would you believe me if I say "Neither" for that two options?

To be honest, I don't know what to believe.

I don't know you, nor have I read much of your posts. I'm not really trying to psychoanalyze you. But I find your claim of not having a heart interesting. I cannot empathize with that because I have no idea what you mean by it. Not even my imagination can help me with this puzzle.

And, believe me, I'm not here to fix your "condition".

However, I believe that no matter how much you try to explain yourself, nobody is ever going to be able to fully understand you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest, I don't know what to believe.

I don't know you, nor have I read much of your posts. I'm not really trying to psychoanalyze you. But I find your claim of not having a heart interesting. I cannot empathize with that because I have no idea what you mean by it. Not even my imagination can help me with this puzzle.

And, believe me, I'm not here to fix your "condition".

However, I believe that no matter how much you try to explain yourself, nobody is ever going to be able to fully understand you.

Well, I am not expecting that someone will fully understand since I think that it is impossible to understand another person completly. Actually I am just searching for social clues that I will be able to use in real life.

As for the heart thing : I think that mankind should become extinct.

But I am not saying this because I want to sound controversial. Ti is just that I did a lot of thinking and come up with this conclusion but I am willing to explain my claims.

This is why I have the guts to say that I don't have a heart even if I actually do and I use it from time to time.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
:laugh: I've been thinking about the same thing lately. I agree with you, again. And, as crazy as it sounds, I still think I have a heart.

Would you care to explain what makes you think like this ?

Actually I don't think that mankind should become extinct. I simply think that it should merge itself with it own technology. What is not exctinction actually but you can't call it survival either.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually I don't think that mankind should become extinct. I simply think that it should merge itself with it own technology. What is not exctinction actually but you can't call it survival either.
You have said that before, and I didn't understand why you would choose to call it "extinction." (Well, now you're not saying so.) The purpose sounds like preservation. Is it a desire to save the human race by changing it that way, or is that not your interest? Is efficiency (or ingenuity or something) your only interest in that topic?

P

Phantonym

Would you care to explain what makes you think like this ?

Maybe stating that the mankind "should become extinct" is too harsh. Well, it's basically frustration talking here. At the moment I see that the mankind (myself included, of course) is too young and ignorant to evolve into something "better". And I think they should be better. But the process is too slow and I fear that by the time people realize what they're doing, it's already too late. Consequently, extinction is inevitable.

Would you care to explain what do you mean by "merging itself with its own technology"? This brings The Matrix into my mind.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You have said that before, and I didn't understand why you would choose to call it "extinction." (Well, now you're not saying so.) The purpose sounds like preservation. Is it a desire to save the human race by changing it that way, or is that not your interest? Is efficiency (or ingenuity or something) your only interest in that topic?

Well, it is just that I like big picture thinkiing. But to me big picture is what defines everything we do in life. Like usefull/pointless aspect of life for an example.

Well I said extinction because it is extinction. At first you will still see typical human traits but as the decades or centuries pass the human aspect will be lost.

Maybe stating that the mankind "should become extinct" is too harsh. Well, it's basically frustration talking here. At the moment I see that the mankind (myself included, of course) is too young and ignorant to evolve into something "better". And I think they should be better. But the process is too slow and I fear that by the time people realize what they're doing, it's already too late. Consequently, extinction is inevitable.

Would you care to explain what do you mean by "merging itself with its own technology"? This brings The Matrix into my mind.

To be honest I don't know what that really supposed to mean either and if actaully take this path how will it work. Since you will have the opposition for sure. Basicly the entire idea comes down to making more and more artificial changes in human nature and body. What would that exactly be I don't know.

The problem is that today you need 40 years of education to get a first class scientist that can do some new research. What means that a person has about 10 years to work before his/her mind starts to degenerate by observabele degree.
This could sound funny but this is a very serious problem. Especially since the amount of knowledge is growing constantly.

If you are interested in this topic we should continue elsewere.

Progress = extinction

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
To be honest I know almost nothing about this and I never had a opportunity to see where I stand in this. Since most of you know me for sometime it occured to me that I could pop up the question/thread.

Why yes, why not ?

Btw I am a heterosexual male.
I don't mind bluntness if that would make things easier to say.
If it is not obvious I am asking purely from personality perspective.

From what I know on here:

No. It's the emotions thing among other things. You are way too INTJ for me. Especially J.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I know on here:

No. It's the emotions thing among other things. You are way too INTJ for me. Especially J.

What makes me look so J in your eyes ?
I ask since I think that I dont act too J here. But I am quite J.
Some people here even doubt that I am J. (uness they are just trying to provoke a reaction)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
The way you "carry" yourself on her gives off a lot of serious J vibes. You don't seem to be into humour or wit and like to talk about (the merits of) strategising and efficiency. I also remember that I read somewhere that you were rather TJ, perhaps I should have put TJ instead of J.

Again, from what I know on here.