• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Assuming you were a female then yes I would try. As everyone else has said you would have to try to develop your sensitive side too. I think that the posts here are a clear indication that you should start doing that.

I say that I'd try simply because I like INTJs a lot. I also know you guys have a lot of potential with sensitivity, it can be developed to make you a well rounded person.

lane777

nevermore
I could never determine whether or not I would date someone by knowing them online. NEVER EVER. I need an aura to study.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
What's this "aura" you speak of, man?

I'm assuming she reads the aura around people. Some people are able to do that, and claim they can tell a lot about the person from their aura. I can't see auras, so I can't make such a claim :p . I get the feeling mine would be too bright for her though ;) .

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'd most likely like you as a good friend. But I don't see you as a possible partner, being male doesn't quite help you become someone I'd consider a partner in my eyes either.

Gauche

I'm assuming she reads the aura around people. Some people are able to do that, and claim they can tell a lot about the person from their aura. I can't see auras, so I can't make such a claim :p . I get the feeling mine would be too bright for her though ;) .

I would take it less literal, and think about the "vibe"; you know, the impression the person give, the mannerism, the style of speech and movements, nonverbal clues; something that you cannot perceive via the internet.
Otoh, maybe Risen really reads auras, why not (I've read the how-to about perceiving auras but never found time to learn it:D)

EDIT: oh, I messed it up with who is who lol, I meant lane777 not Risen at last paragraph:blush:

so lane777, who is "she" and what she reads, or anytin..??:nerd: ...damn I'm totally confused now:wacko:

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think the 'dating forever online but never meeting' has given meeting someone special online a weird vibe.

Just meeting online shouldn't seem weird at all. I know more about many friends online than I do people I know aquaintance-like in rl. Of course I love meeting people too. It's not hard to imagine finding someone online that is interesting that you would want to get to know in rl.

lane777

nevermore
I would take it less literal, and think about the "vibe"; you know, the impression the person give, the mannerism, the style of speech and movements, nonverbal clues; something that you cannot perceive via the internet.

Exactly. It's easier to lie with words (over the net), than it is with body language.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Actually she reads aura's, exactly like you explained.

Sorry, saw a pic of Peter Pan, and always assume people are male by default when online.

Well, I assumed as much, but with all them crazy NF hippies running around, you gotta wonder about these terms.

EDIT:Er, just realized maybe Lane is a female american name or something. But I wouldn't know either way.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
*Pops in. Drops string of beads around Sytpg's neck and sticks a daisy in his, uh, gun barrel.*

Signed, The Prototype. :smile:

lane777

nevermore
Sorry, saw a pic of Peter Pan, and always assume people are male by default when online.

Well, I assumed as much, but with all them crazy NF hippies running around, you gotta wonder about these terms.

Guess I didn't delete that fast enough lol

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oops, sorry. It's a P thing :)

*Pops in. Drops string of beads around Sytpg's neck and sticks a daisy in his, uh, gun barrel.*

Signed, The Prototype. :smile:

What, no marijuana? :jew:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I couldn't handle the competition.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I like the strong NT's myself for friends.
I can picture myself having a beer with AO, and just listening to him. Perhaps putting my two cents in if my view is radically different, and making him explain himself more and more. And for the record, I would go into a game of risk with such a person, I would just be prepared to walk away while its his turn for a while. Just the romantic thing, uh. Different story. :newwink:

This is just in case you don't know the story about the RISK.

The first post will be enough get the point

Assuming you were a female then yes I would try. As everyone else has said you would have to try to develop your sensitive side too. I think that the posts here are a clear indication that you should start doing that.

I say that I'd try simply because I like INTJs a lot. I also know you guys have a lot of potential with sensitivity, it can be developed to make you a well rounded person.

Do you think I would need to become more F if I hope to do anything in this sphere of life?

Pics or it isn't true.

Then it isn't true.

I could never determine whether or not I would date someone by knowing them online. NEVER EVER. I need an aura to study.

Ok.

I'd most likely like you as a good friend. But I don't see you as a possible partner, being male doesn't quite help you become someone I'd consider a partner in my eyes either.

I am not interested is dating guys either. I think we could be frends in real life. There is a number of similarities.

No. I couldn't handle the competition.

Does this means that you think I am competitive?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think I would need to become more F if I hope to do anything in this sphere of life?

Perhaps. Realizing someone's needs in a relationship is a good thing. You can't just be... totally devoid of feely stuff in one. You should really try to develop it. I know for a fact that when NTs develop their feely side that it's awesome, and for an INTJ like yourself with Fi in the 3rd slot it wouldn't be near as difficult as some other people have.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No. It means I want to be the antisocial one in my relationships. TYVM. ;)

As you wish.

Perhaps. Realizing someone's needs in a relationship is a good thing. You can't just be... totally devoid of feely stuff in one. You should really try to develop it. I know for a fact that when NTs develop their feely side that it's awesome, and for an INTJ like yourself with Fi in the 3rd slot it wouldn't be near as difficult as some other people have.

I know, I was just checking. I have spend sometime in analysing the problem since I see that I am not exactly average in this kinds of things.
I could say that I am but I am not. My functions show it quite well actually.
In the case that people didn't see it,

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.9)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** (50.4)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.6)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.2)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *** (3.7)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.8)
limited use

However I think that my Fe is a little bit stronger then the test shows. I have plenty of results of other test that are showing something very similar.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keep in mind Fi or Fe is good in a relationship, the partners that I think would interest you most would have predominant Fi (ENFPs or INFPs).

I'd say a good way to exercise your Fi would be to try it out on some people you know. Try to figure out how they are feeling, if they are your friend then you will be forgiven if you screw up. I know as a fact you feel that things aren't right, and that you also feel that you have some "inner laws," those two things are you feeling your Fi.

sade

I wouldn't mind trying, you seem like an interesting fellow.
But I doubt it would go any further.