• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I know you value honesty so here is.

No, and stop asking.

:D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was talking to Short. Since she said that I was thinking you will see it.
I was replying to both posts at once there. Sorry.
oh i got that you were...but i thought you were asking both of us if we had a problem with theoretical

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No. I am emotionally high maintenance and I need a lot of love, affection and attention. I also like to give it.This doesn't sound like it would work for either of us!

On a different note, I could never date anyone who didn't love my dogs. Even Daniel Craig. That's a dealbreaker for me if ever there was one.

Think of me as an unshaped material which you can forge as you like.
This can look as a joke but from social perspective it is the truth.

Plus I'd probably drive a thinker to the loony bin.

This sounds almost as a confession.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I always thought you were a guy. Huh. I don't think we'd hit it off.

It's always been my impression that you pretend not to understand a lot of things with the idea that people responding will, in turn, understand those same things ( and other tangents ) better if they have to explain them in detail to you, as the supposed "blank slate." Like a company forced to do "process mapping", or something similar.

I've always believed Ygolo's detached curiosity is for real, however.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well you said we could be blunt! :rolleyes:

How do you believe it's more about lack of affection and sympathy/empathy?

The questions you ask on the forum lead me to believe you struggle with EQ in any way I've found it defined or presented. Would you say you do any of these averagely to well?

1. Perceiving emotions — the ability to detect and decipher emotions in faces, pictures, voices, and cultural artifacts- including the ability to identify one’s own emotions. Perceiving emotions represents a basic aspect of emotional intelligence, as it makes all other processing of emotional information possible.
  2. Using emotions — the ability to harness emotions to facilitate various cognitive activities, such as thinking and problem solving. The emotionally intelligent person can capitalize fully upon his or her changing moods in order to best fit the task at hand.
  3. Understanding emotions — the ability to comprehend emotion language and to appreciate complicated relationships among emotions. For example, understanding emotions encompasses the ability to be sensitive to slight variations between emotions, and the ability to recognize and describe how emotions evolve over time.
  4. Managing emotions — the ability to regulate emotions in both ourselves and in others. Therefore, the emotionally intelligent person can harness emotions, even negative ones, and manage them to achieve intended goals.

OR

1. Self-awareness — the ability to read one's emotions and recognize their impact while using gut feelings to guide decisions.
  2. Self-management — involves controlling one's emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances.
  3. Social awareness — the ability to sense, understand, and react to others' emotions while comprehending social networks.
  4. Relationship management — the ability to inspire, influence, and develop others while managing conflict.

You can be blunt but that does not mean that I will keep my mouth shut about it. I must say that the second list sounds much more like me.
It is possible that I have a wrong idea what emotional inteligence actually is.

He knows how to use the multi-quote feature. . . so maybe.

Interesting, for some reason it always looked to me that you are avoiding me.
Especially after the "why you are not pretty" post.

I always thought you were a guy. Huh. I don't think we'd hit it off.

It's always been my impression that you pretend not to understand a lot of things with the idea that people responding will, in turn, understand those same things ( and other tangents ) better if they have to explain them in detail to you, as the supposed "blank slate." Like a company forced to do "process mapping", or something similar.

I've always believed Ygolo's detached curiosity is for real, however.

The things is that in many cases I have an idea how something that belongs to social sphere works. But I don't know am I right or wrong (or 50:50)
As it looks for now I probably have wrong idea about emotional intallgence.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
lol i also thought you were a guy. I do get along with INTJ's though. I appreciate that they can channel my ideaphoria into a more reasonable, defined direction. even though i myself have very low Fi and Fe, people who tend to have a "lack of empathy" intrigue me more than those who are more emotionally expressive. It would be worth the experiment.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Wait, where did Antisocial mention his/her gender?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As for the question that is hidden.

I don't think I suck totally at this but I don't think I am expert either.

If standars in this are empathy/sympathy they I am not that good. The thing is that I don't feel their pain but I can see that something is wrong and with use of logic and intuition I try to track down the actual problem.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
lol i also thought you were a guy. I do get along with INTJ's though. I appreciate that they can channel my ideaphoria into a more reasonable, defined direction. even though i myself have very low Fi and Fe, people who tend to have a "lack of empathy" intrigue me more than those who are more emotionally expressive. It would be worth the experiment.

Truth to be said INTPs are rare people that actually understand some things that I am saying.
I agree fully on Fe, Fi, empathy thing.

Wait, where did Antisocial mention his/her gender?

In this thread and some other threads.
I don't see why people are so excited about my gender?
I was never hidding it.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I was never hidding it.
It doesn't show on your personal page or whatever that is called. I inferred it when someone responded in this thread "No, I'm a girl" and you said "I know". ( Apologies to the gays. )

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
In this thread and some other threads.
I don't see why people are so excited about my gender?
I was never hidding it.

In the internetz it's safer to assume someone is male when you don't have proof.

And to answer the topic, now that I know you are a woman, there's nothing I can infer from your forum posts that would turn me off so I guess it's a possibility.

EDIT: You did say "fully straight guy" in your opening post.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Why yes, why not ?

No, because I don't see what you would offer me. Sure, both of us talk past each other a lot and so forth, but... that's my impression. (I'm sure it goes both ways.)

I saw that even having married an INTJ whose emotional level certainly doesn't meet my needs. I'm fully aware of the costs that come with it - and I value her advantages more than that... So it really has nothing to do with the whole feminine thing for me.

You are cold and hard, presumably... so you can answer the question - what do you offer a mate? One foundational thing in relationships is the emotional support, and often above and beyond practical support. So... what makes up for it?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In the internetz it's safer to assume someone is male when you don't have proof.

And to answer the topic, now that I know you are a woman, there's nothing I can infer from your forum posts that would turn me off so I guess it's a possibility.

EDIT: You did say "fully straight guy" in your opening post.

Now I have changed that part so that it is perfectly clear. Just in case that I don't understand full meanings of the words.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think there is a huge element missing. I would need to see how you carried yourself in person. If you were a confident individual, then I would consider it- - it all comes down to how you handle your introversion. Out of the INTJs I know, I would say that I would date four of the six.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that this is not that much about emotional inteligence as much as lack of affection and empathy/sympathy.

I was just waiting how long it will take to get replies like those two.
But that does not mean that I have something against them.
Why it is a problem for you if a guy is quite theoretical? (just curious)

Well,
I think being purely theoretical makes it appear that you lack experience with life, that you just sit around and think a lot. (I don't know whether you do or not, that's just the impression that I get.) I don't think that theres anything wrong with theorizing, but I wouldn't be able to connect on a romantic level with someone who seems like they are not here in this world with me. I would also get bored with it after a while, since I am someone who likes everything tangible, and going out, and having fun. (My version of fun is doing things, rather than thinking about things, and talking about things.)

So, since I don't know you I can't say for sure, but that's just the impression I get. Also, like to feel special. Which includes the guy developing some kind of an emotional bond with me/being attracted to me/ and having some sort of an attachment to me.

Being that you describe yourself as "cold," and "lacking emotion", I would think that it might be difficult for you to be in that position.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Now I have changed that part so that it is perfectly clear. Just in case that I don't understand full meanings of the words.

What's your issue with reiteration?

EDIT: Btw, my last post is thus rendered void, but even if you were a girl I don't see anything wrong with you. (apart from the fact you're an NT that is :p).

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
so wait, is AS a dude or dudette?

I'd date you if you're 1) female phenotype and 2) at least somewhat attractive

G

Glycerine

If you developed your feeling side, then I would probably date you. It would make you a more rounded person.

S

Sniffles

So Antisocial is a girl huh? Well then, my answer is still NO!