• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: Do you think you'd make a good leader?

Do you think you have leadership capabilities?

• ENTP leader

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • ENTP not leader

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • INTP leader

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • INTP not leader

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • ENTJ leader

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • ENTJ not leader

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • INTJ leader

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • INTJ not leader

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yes and no. I can in many ways, but I absolutely suck in every way at organization. I end up being a very frustrating leader.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hate to P all over this thread, but...it depends.

It depends, like virtually everything else in my life, on whether it holds my interest. I often take a leading role in creative endeavors (music is the obvious example for me personally) where I understand on a high level what's going on and care deeply about the results.

Don't put me in charge of organizing the filing cabinets, though--I guarantee you I won't give a shit, and will do only as much work as I need to do to not get fired. Let me have play time!

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
In my society, the stereotypical leader is the big bad (and unhealthy) SJ type, and I can't identify with this.
I have leadership capabilities, a good sense of right/wrong and responsibility (I'd go down with the ship to save the people), a no-bullshit-attitude, and enjoy leading... if I don't get too anal about things I am actually a quite good leader :cheese:

My leadership: 'There's a better place out there and we're building it. Together. We can do it.'

-------------------------------------------ENTJs----------------------------------
So why are we better than the rest? ^^
We drag people through crisis situations because we 'normalize' situations, we don't get all whiney about things but just do it, we are OBSESSED with doing the right thing and doing things in a certain way (that can be the best and worst quality amongst others) but the point is we believe in mastering a plan with the one perfect way to do things, and our gift to others is confidence and faith.
We don't let our feelings interfere with our clear ratio (yes we do have chaos in our minds sometimes, but we just pretend its not there:)) - its our problem area, the inferior Feeling function... feelings get anesthized when we focus, and so we can be geeks when it comes to emotions, but its also our strong suit because we cut through the bullshit and figure out what we're going to DO to rescue the world.
And most important: we truly care. Even if we come off like cavemen. :D Once I got really sad because there was a cat on the road and it almost got hit by a car and I didn't do anything about it, I just felt like... major guilt.

So why are we losers? :D
We cannot handle doubt, it completely makes us weak and unable to speak or move.
If someone can't make up his/her mind, get to the point, or decide on something, we go ballistic.
We need - yes need - an Extrovert Perceiver to spread affectionate inspiring, we can be affectionate but not while we lead or do business. And we hate it. Yes.
Last, but not least: Paranoia. Total paranoia. If we cannot J it, we go paranoid. That's why we act like we don't feel. Oh, the manipulative forces are coming at me!

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hate to P all over this thread, but...it depends.

It depends, like virtually everything else in my life, on whether it holds my interest. I often take a leading role in creative endeavors (music is the obvious example for me personally) where I understand on a high level what's going on and care deeply about the results.

Don't put me in charge of organizing the filing cabinets, though--I guarantee you I won't give a shit, and will do only as much work as I need to do to not get fired. Let me have play time!

ENTPs are great energizers I think :yes: That's their main leading capability if you ask me. I secretly envy their P-ness :blush:

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Synarch's right about ENTPs making great leaders.

We get shizz done.

:yes:

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Be quiet.

... practically, a sheer number of the 16 personalities are 'good' leaders.

You might as well ask, good leaders for what??

My comment stands.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not really a leader or a follower. I won't blindly follow, but I do tend to want things in the group to run well, and focus a lot on group dynamics. I've been told that I have leadership qualities that could be tapped into, and in groups that I'm comfortable in and I know the majority of the people well, I've taken on a sort of leadership role. It's not intentional but it just kind of has happened.

I am not good at being bossy and telling people what to do, but I want everyone to be included, and if I see no one else is taking initiative, I usually am the one to do it. There will be a bit of hesitation. I am more inclined to say no, I'm not a leader because I am generally awkward in a leadership position and am opposed to telling other people what to do, but somewhere between yes and no.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i could lead if people desired me to... i have no overwhelming urge to take control... i am just as capable of circumventing bad leadership, and that tends to be that route i go... when i was a manager i had one fellow that liked to question how i did shit... i basically told him he could bitch all he liked, but he couldn't do it to me... if he had new input, that was well and good, but i was tired of hearing the same old shit... everyone else seemed pleased that i was hands off unless something needed to happen...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Anecdote: Once I decided to play cooperative board game I never played and with people I don't really know. After few minutes the consensus was that I should be in charge of the army.

Quite often people just turn over strategic and organizational issues into my hands ... probably because of my "vibe".

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am good at most of the aspects of leadership. I am good at gauging peoples strengths/weaknesses and delegating tasks especially. Even more so if I have worked with them before. I naturally fall into the position of leadership, if no one challenges me. But I am not charismatic enough to get people to respect my authority. If I cannot become leader, I usually fall into the right hand man position. I am just as good of a follower with great loyalty.

Last edited:

Lark

I've known very, very few decent leaders, although that doesnt mean I have to lead because those bad leaders are often extremely good an defending their status.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have been told by a lot of people at work that I am a good leader over the years though I most certainly have my weak points. I can be pretty assertive and take charge in pressure situations. I'm good at setting direction generally. I've been told I bring out the best in people. I've been told numerous times that I take very good care of people and an genuine. On the downside, though I do feel it, I dont verbally express appreciation as much as I should. I could be better at articulating the vision and direction (in my head but harder to put into words). I'm an introvert so I dont have that kind of contagious outwards charisma that some have. Overall on balance though, I have done well enough though still working to improve.