• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My curse...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How come do things make perfect sense to me but not to other people? I have ideas vivid in my mind but have trouble explaining them so they make sense to other people. Or maybe I'm schizophrenic...

Could I possibly have an overdeveloped Ni function at the expense of Te?

Could my anxieties be because of dwelling on my Ni conceptions too much that I become afraid of the world?

Ferrus

MBTI Type
INTP
Surely it is simply a matter of communicative ability. Some logic and lines of reasoning will be beyond the understanding of average minds, but you should find at least a handful of bright people who can comprehend your reasoning if it is expressed lucidly.

O

Oberon

Surely it is simply a matter of communicative ability. Some logic and lines of reasoning will be beyond the understanding of average minds, but you should find at least a handful of bright people who can comprehend your reasoning if it is expressed lucidly.

Either that, or he's insane. Either theory fits the data.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
How come do things make perfect sense to me but not to other people? I have ideas vivid in my mind but have trouble explaining them so they make sense to other people. Or maybe I'm schizophrenic...

Could my anxieties be because of dwelling on my Ni conceptions too much that I become afraid of the world?

Is it possible that you're mixing up "people understand my ideas" with "people agree with my ideas"? Do you feel that if only you could communicate them perfectly, people would have no choice but to agree? I submit that you're communicating them fine, and people understand them, but they simply disagree.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it possible that you're mixing up "people understand my ideas" with "people agree with my ideas"? Do you feel that if only you could communicate them perfectly, people would have no choice but to agree? I submit that you're communicating them fine, and people understand them, but they simply disagree.

:worthy:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Probably. But you can't help it. There are things you can see vividly in your inner world that you can't explain, simply because they are inexplicable. You can explain some of them, or part of them, but not all of them. But you should try to develop your Te somewhat, and not stay with Ni all the time. Te will at least give you a way to appreciate a secondary goal, because you'll never be able to completely explain your inner thoughts to anyone. Ni as a dominant function gives inner clarity, at the price of being capable of achieving real happiness. There are some benefits, though. The longer you mull something over, the better you'll be able to explain at least part of it. Keep trying to explain it, though. You'll get some fulfillment out of the partial achievement.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Does it make you anxious that your ideas don't make sense to others? Do you find security in your ideas, but that is shaken when they create conflict with the outside world?

If you have ideas you value, but feel you aren't communicating them, then that is reason to work on developing better communication. In some ways, i suspect that is what drives many people to develop their skills.

Also, to take a cue from Ivy's comment, how do you feel when someone disagrees with you and presents a reasoned argument as to why? Do you have trouble accepting the new information? Does that also make you anxious?

I guess it's just difficult for me to respond with answers because of the nature of your question.