• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Developing feeling from an NT's heart and mind

pecan111

I have only recently started developing feeling in my life. Its been one heck of an experience that I would love to hear about from others.

For me, the topic of this thread is kind of a oxymoron...Feeling is from the heart. Thinking is from the mind, however in order to try and help "see" what its like for someone that does not have great depth of feeling, you would have to "think" about how to interpret and convey it. You will not be able to understand the experience it like objective thought.

I can tell you that it is a wholly new view of the world, both mine and others. I can now see why it doesn't lend itself to speaking clearly about it.

There is, a sometimes terrible revelation that my feelings were very low in volume. I liken it to an equalizer on a stereo system. While a F might have a furiously high bar of emotion, I hardly had a smidgen at times. Other times I had lots of emotion, but it wasn't just felt and experienced. It was like a foreign entity that entered my consciousness and was something to be analyzed and deconstructed.

My analogy is like a photo developing process. Previously, my emotions were experienced as a negative of a photo. A strangely highlighted object that was peered at thru the lens of a scientist. What the heck is this? Out came the rational thinking mind. It was like an outline of something that didn't have full expression.

Now, it is totally different. It is a full blown color photograph! It is felt and not analyzed or thought about. It is in the body and not the mind. It is heart and compassion and empathy. Wow, what an incredible gift! I am so aware of it, but it is settling down into what I would say is an appropriate balance between feeling and thinking.

I experience myself in a wholly new way and I love it. I especially enjoy that my thinking turns off now. WOW!!! Freedom...from thought!!! It really is an incredible respite for me. I must say that it is not always happening like a feeler, I am sure, but I finally have something that I never really understood. It was meant to be this way. I gotta say that if an NT or maybe thinkers in general develop this, you will KNOW it. There is no doubt and you will not have to think about it at all. I feel my heart as I write this and it such a feeling of deep peace and rest. It feels so very good to finally have this.

Please, if any of you would like to share your comments or FEELINGs, would love to read them...:)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have only recently started developing feeling in my life. Its been one heck of an experience that I would love to hear about from others.

Please, if any of you would like to share your comments or FEELINGs, would love to read them...:)

Nothing much to say, except that I can entirely relate.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel a similar sensation when I develop my Te (inferior). It's like WOW a break from all these feelings! This feels weird! I am not thinking about my interests, I'm not thinking about how I feel about something, I'm not taking in everyone's emotions. I'M USING LOGIC! :woot: :static:

You NTPs probably don't even know how Fi feels. It's crazy. Then again I'm guessing Fe is just as crazy, since I don't really use mine.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well my Fe was always very well developed. But there were times where i was heavily neglecting it and denyings its existance. Thinking by denying its existance i can find the ultimate truth. That logic rules the world.

I scrapped that crazy theory, now i'm happier as a person and able to see things from two perspective. Interpersonal relation got alot better with my family and friends. My intuitive choices are even more accurate than before as it accounts for both factors.

I'm like turning into a ENTP, i swear. its only a matter of time i think.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:huh:

I think you might be doing it wrong.

Lol, how? Applying logic to the REAL world as I see it and then making decisions around that is pretty insane to me. Then when I apply how I feel to that it gets even crazier.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Lol, how? Applying logic to the REAL world as I see it and then making decisions around that is pretty insane to me. Then when I apply how I feel to that it gets even crazier.

He means the emoticons.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh: Inferior Thinking still shows. *shoos away* NTs carry on, I want to read these results.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's the entp legacy and someday sometime, there will be a girl who understands Introverted Feeling. If not, start reading this sentence from the beginning.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Your story sounds so familiar, but for me the F and the T should be swapped. After years of trying, I finally got to a point where my logical side was no longer hampered by a boiling-over of emotions. I could actually think things through clearly without applying an emotion to each new thought.

Mind you ... emotions will still get the better of me sometimes, especially when I'm stressed. But, my logical side is stronger now, and it has the ability to calm my emotional side. It's kind of weird when it actually works.

For example, the other night I got caught in a "worry loop." I don't know if this is an intuitive's problem, or just INFJ, but let me explain.

Prior in the day, I realized that I'd forgotten to follow up on a work project that I should've been over and done with. I only realized it when I had to report to my supervisor about the states of my projects. It was one of those brain-fart kinds of situations. "Aw, how did I MISS THIS?!" :doh:

That night, without really thinking about it, my brain constructed a series of events that were definitely going to take place and eventually lead to me getting fired. I convinced myself that it was going to happen and I started pacing the house, obsessing about the scenario.

Logic stepped in and said, "There are multiple ways this event could play out. See how many end with you getting fired." So, I constructed several scenarios and played them all out. Only the first one ended with me getting fired. All the rest of them ended with my supervisors saying, "Oh, yeah? Just finish it."

But, the worry still wasn't going away. It was too late, the cover had come off the kettle and the water was boiling over, out of control. So, turning inward, I adressed my worry, "You are being destructive. Logically, I really have nothing to worry about, and even if I did have something to worry about, I have no ability to change it RIGHT NOW. SO WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!"

The worry went away.

It was as strange as it was a relief.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
But, the worry still wasn't going away. It was too late, the cover had come off the kettle and the water was boiling over, out of control. So, turning inward, I adressed my worry, "You are being destructive. Logically, I really have nothing to worry about, and even if I did have something to worry about, I have no ability to change it RIGHT NOW. SO WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!"

I tend to have an opposite problem. I become so detached and apathetic towards the world that I don't even care about consequences. Then I need to mentally smack myself and say something like "No that's stupid. You wont enjoy the consequences, so stop it before they occur."

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tend to have an opposite problem. I become so detached and apathetic towards the world that I don't even care about consequences. Then I need to mentally smack myself and say something like "No that's stupid. You wont enjoy the consequences, so stop it before they occur."

:yes:

F and T, Yin and Yang. Balance is good.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

I always do this. Like if I don't have a paper done on time, and I know I can't possibly finish it, I start to think, "oh well, I don't give a shit anyway. They can kick me out of school for all I care...it's a shitty program anyway." Then an hour later I come to my senses and realize that I would feel like shit if I got kicked out of the program, so I come up with some scheme to fix the situation. In the case of the paper, I usually make up some excuse, or I plead with the prof, or I work really really hard but sacrifice quality to get it done on time.

pecan111

Lovely, lovely words!!!!

I feel a similar sensation when I develop my Te (inferior). It's like WOW a break from all these feelings! This feels weird! I am not thinking about my interests, I'm not thinking about how I feel about something, I'm not taking in everyone's emotions. I'M USING LOGIC!

Wow! I thought this might be happening in opposite with you feelers...its really amazing, isn't it...

I feel like its a child just growing up and it has to get bigger and stronger, but its wonderful to have some of the balance that we all need to relate best with others and ourselves....thanks for the comment :hug:

Well my Fe was always very well developed. But there were times where i was heavily neglecting it and denyings its existance. Thinking by denying its existance i can find the ultimate truth. That logic rules the world.

I do not know the inner worlds of others, but I have never seen an NT that wasn't rational most of the time as a young person...I used to want to WILL my emotions to happen, but of course, it doesn't work like that...so I wonder how and NT can also have F young?? I am at loss of words as to how to ask how you know this???

Your story sounds so familiar, but for me the F and the T should be swapped. After years of trying, I finally got to a point where my logical side was no longer hampered by a boiling-over of emotions. I could actually think things through clearly without applying an emotion to each new thought.

YES! YES! its so great not to be BOILING over with THINKING, instead of feeling emotion...I totally FEEL and UNDERSTAND the need for balance...what a relief! I feel so grateful for this wonderful new world. Which one would you wish? I know now it doesn't matter. It was the way it was meant to be and I love it!!! I wonder what the equivalent for an F is when I say "Entp's, NOT TO THINK!!!! YIPPEE!!!!" :hug:

;)

YEs, i can see if that happens now...I actually WORRY sometimes about how to say things now...WOW!!! its amazing at how easy it is to say the "right" words now...before I just had to keep the lip zipped!!

F and T, Yin and Yang. Balance is good.

YEs, its what makes us human and growing!!!! :hug:

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
Well developed Fe doesn't mean the person isn't rational, it just mean one can actually use it. there are time when logic isn't really needed.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do not know the inner worlds of others, but I have never seen an NT that wasn't rational most of the time as a young person...I used to want to WILL my emotions to happen, but of course, it doesn't work like that...so I wonder how and NT can also have F young?? I am at loss of words as to how to ask how you know this???

I had tons of feelings, overwhelmingly so they controlled my most of the time...Now it's the opposite, yet I keep a balance of T and F, having become active with managing oneself with this balance.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

I have never met a 3 year old who, having their chocolate taken away and given arbitrarily to another child, isn't going to react strongly, and in an emotional sense.