• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] What makes you jealous?

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5
Alright maybe it's been done before but here goes.
ONLY speak from your own experience of envy.
Don’t be shy.
What makes you jealous?
Everyone is sometimes. It’s easy to talk about other people’s issues, but let’s talk about our own for now and teach each other.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
sometimes I get a bit jealous when I get the courage to be the center of attention, and become it for a while, and then my thunder is stolen from someone not trying at all. A bit childish, but eh.

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5
sometimes I get a bit jealous when I get the courage to be the center of attention, and become it for a while, and then my thunder is stolen from someone not trying at all. A bit childish, but eh.

Ooo, you're so brave, thanks for sharing that! I think a lot of people feel that way, I've heard it before. I have an envy.
I want to be really good at something particular and not have to be recognized just be the best, that seems childish too, but yeah, these are human emotions and we admit them or we deny them, but we all have them.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Yes. I know that I'm not a very jealous person with most situations.. but I'd be a liar if I said that everytime a beautiful woman walked in and took all my friend's focuses away from me I wasn't a taad bit envious. It's just, sometimes I'd like to realize I'm taking eyes away from people too, ya know?! :laugh:

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Knowing someone came up with my idea first, and then they get praised for it. Or is that envy? :S

Otherwise, I feel jealous when someone I'm "chasing" interacts with other people. Once I'm actually going out with them, the jealousy practically disappears. It's still there, but it's more or less a murmur. I guess I'm jealous before the relationship begins because I'm not certain I have their favours. If that makes any sense. I'm not the competitive sort, when it comes to dating. I simply sink into a jealous sulk and stop chasing them.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I get a feeling of what I think is jealousy, when I hear from a third person that means a person who for example does not study the things I study, how much possibilities I have to get a job. Where I can go and what I need to do to get there. Then I am jealous on all the people who are actually following those ideas or career approaches, while I am still waiting.

I dont think though that I should quit waiting, at the moment its more important on getting university done and then I will take my chances with getting a career.

I recently came to the conclusion that I like the work at university and probably my jeaoulosy on people already being in a career while being at university is without sense and its more important to me to stay at university.

But I cant really make my mind up about those things, even if the thoughts seem to be pretty easy, I am more happy with the idea to leave the future vage and unplanned. Dont know, where this will lead me, but I now, I will be prepared !! :D

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to get jealous if guys I dated were blatantly hit on by other chicks, in front of me, and they responded to it in a flirtatious way. I felt disrespected.
Even if the guy didn't respond flirtatiously, I felt jealousy boiling up inside me. But I never made it known. Knew it was irrational, and not necessarily fair to the person I was with.
I've grown out of that.
People want to flirt, they can have eachother. I just don't have it in me to be troubled by that sort of thing anymore.

I'm surprised to find that I'm not envious of others on material/financial levels.
I am confident that I'll get where I'm going.
Hope's fun like that.

album.php

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I get jealous if I think my boyfriend fancies another woman. Yes I do. Sigh.

heart

heart on fire
I haven't liked when women put their hands on my husband's upper leg (and rub) while talking to him. Good grief, I'd never do something like that to some guy unless I was like "with him", too close to the zone. :D

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get very jealous when I see any couple. I also get pretty jealous when anyone talks about their SO. Plus I'm normal in the fact that if I see someone with something I want then I will be jealous, but there aren't many material things I want so that doesn't happen often. Otherwise I'm not really a jealous person.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I haven't liked when women put their hands on my husband's upper leg (and rub) while talking to him.

Who does that?! That's just all kinds of inappropriate.

EDIT: Blackcat, when I've been single, seeing very in-love couples also makes me incredibly jealous and sorry for myself.

Atomic Fiend

When I find someone is banging the person I'm crushing on... that usually does it for me.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
When someone steals my thunder...I have so very little charisma in the first place, so when my one chance to be charming comes along and is swiped right from under me, I'm never happy about it. The other person never means to do it, of course.

When another artist, who I consider my peer, is fawned over by the public, I get a little jealous but will remain happy for them.

I'm not a terribly envious person and moments of jealousy don't last long. I don't like it when they do show up...it makes it hard to focus on what I need to do.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blackcat, when I've been single, seeing very in-love couples also makes me incredibly jealous and sorry for myself.

Precisely. :yes: I already kinda feel love starved so just seeing something makes it worse.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Plus I'm normal in the fact that if I see someone with something I want then I will be jealous, but there aren't many material things I want so that doesn't happen often.

My oldest cat is overcome with envy every time he glimpses your avatar.

Does that help?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i envy the communion of other people. mostly when people who i like are being spontaneously extroverted together. I envy it pretty badly (but without resent!).
if a girl knows how to play a guitar and has a very soulful voice, i will just die right ahead. obviously she has communion, as a property of soul, and various skills are the fruits of it. the voyeur blues ... ill fantasize a little about the cheesy guy who thought her to play the guitar (and got to lay her, probably) but mostly i will hate god for not giving me a sparked soul like the one her voice is coming from.

other than that no classical and conscious envy.
(i am sort of okay with being a looser.)

there is no word for "Missgunst" in my dictionary. when you don't want someone to have something that they "have in a wrong way", eg power incompetently and destructive, then this is not "malevolence" (or whatever my dictionary thinks, begrudge, resent?) its a strong social care/group thinking. yes, the feeling might be a projection, but that doesn't mean you logic is at fault. its not envy but people will call it that way, cause people never understand anything. like "your are just envy that i have the power to fuck everyone over. it proves that you would like to do that yourself" standard sociopath's argument. what it really proves is that one would like to have the power to be in charge of the position of the incompetent person, to replace him, so one could use the power responsibly. but one has disintegrated his power or wish for it, cause one is critical about ones competence. which might be a reasonable assessment. using power responsibly does include giving it away to someone more competent, but not giving it to someone who sucks. ... wait "jealous" seems to be the proper translation for "missgunst" ...."resentful of another's possessions"

oh, there is another situation, where i am envious:

Kyrielle said:
When someone steals my thunder...I have so very little charisma in the first place, so when my one chance to be charming comes along and is swiped right from under me, I'm never happy about it. The other person never means to do it, of course.

it's much like that, but its not a common thing for me. i only experienced it with one specific person's unique type of thunder and eventually one person's type of stealing. the stealing part may relate to what i have explained above, but the thunder issue was a bad bad bad psychological issue, in that particular case. too twisted for this thread right now. my analysis is still in an experimental stage.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few jobs back, I was intensely jealous of a women who started around about the same time as me. She was small, cute and Asian. I'm serious (first impression), standoffish, and a wee bit chubby. I resented the fact she got loads more attention than me based on her looks alone.(This was a workplace full of women.)
I snapped one day when the manager had managed to mix our progress reports up, as I, at that point was quite clearly better at the job, and was offered the very inadequate excuse of she couldn't keep all the new people straight.
Luckily for me, there was a couple of workmates around who'd seen this before, and managed to soothe my ruffled feathers.
Fast forward to six months, I was the golden girl who could do no wrong, and the workmate I started with, was on her last warning and pretty close to being fired. Her incompetency had become legendary, and on countless times we had to stay back and reset up work she had f@$% up. I felt somewhat vindicated when she got fired.
By then she had managed to insult everyone working there, offend most of the men by coming onto them (it bordered on sexual harassment...her favourite pick line was "have you ever wanted to rape some one?). There were questions about her qualifications being forged (I'm deadly serious)....She was a real nightmare.
After I left that job, those guys repeated all their mistakes again, except the plain girl who was left on the outer, left, and the pretty girl turned out to be a head case who had to be arrested on work premises because she threatened one of the staff.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright maybe it's been done before but here goes.
ONLY speak from your own experience of envy.
Don’t be shy.
What makes you jealous?
Everyone is sometimes. It’s easy to talk about other people’s issues, but let’s talk about our own for now and teach each other.

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Jealousy is a sign of insecurity, which is a sign of weakness. It will accomplish nothing to feel or act as such. I got over jealousy in 3rd grade or earlier.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
What is this jealous of which you speak? I don't think I come built with this emotion.