• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] the meaning of life

sculpting

well maybe another day, for now I had the below question.

So whenever you take the MBTI tests, many folks will score very strongly on 2-3 letters and then be in the middle on a letter or two. My thought is that most people do have three strong letters and perhaps there is room for betweenedness on the last.

The dynamic model actually makes this much easier to figure out but I wanted to query the thinkers to get your perspective on the matter.

1) there seem to be certain middle of the road combinations that should be "forbidden" Like ESTP and ENTP for instance. It is only one letter different but when you look at the dynamic model involves switching across from primary to the weakest function.

wheareas say an ENTP and ENFP, again only one letter, seems more reasonable as you have side by side preferences that are being swapped. It is more strengthening of the tertiary prefernce to being quite strong relative to the second prefernce.

ISTJ/INTJ, ISFJ/INFJ, entj/enfj, esfj/estj, infp/intp and so on would all also be problematic.

thoughts?

2) another thought. how hard is it to go from introverted function to extroverted function and visa versa? Ni and Ne seem to really be very different things. An INFJ is just swapping across the vertical w respect to an ENFP yet we live worlds apart. Can this be isolated to a single preference?

When I am on gaurd and defensive I think I pull my wimpy little Te and make it Ti. Is internalization/externalization of your secondary and tertiary functions for short times or in a learned fashion throughout life easier than trying to do the same with your primary function? Are there folks whose primary function sits in the middle somehow?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would say I can spend a lot of time around ENFP's and they wont bug me, but S types can drive me nuts... and vice versa (I'm a little too ideasy - they can't follow the volume)

I'm not sure if the EI migration is environemental (I'm more J when learning/developing), but I'm slowly loosing my E type - maybe a life stage thing or just dealing with much biger issues these days.

I think as things get more impactful, you need to be less throw away E type and a bit more collected before charting.

Still my E type gets intregues by sparkly things - oooooh look something new and interesting.... :)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Tinker... Puppy.
Pup... Tink.

Say Hi. Because I just know you're going to love each other.

So here's a bubble bath and some champagne.

Just remember, you're not forbidden.

What's a dynamic model?
She has hobbies.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
at one point in my life i was extreme extrovert.
and also extreme introvert.

for me personally its not hard to swap between the two, but rather than willingly its more of impulse. Sometimes i like to be alone, vice versa.

i think it has more to do with temperament change.
for eg. ESTJ and ESFJ or ISTJ and ISFJ. they still remain in their SJ root.
Opposed to INFP and INTP.
where their approach and mentality is completely different.

Petite Etoile

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
I test INTJ but i'm close between the S/N and T/F. it's pretty annoying because i don't feel like i completely fit into any of the types.

sculpting

depth Kalach depth.

think for me. I can only hold a thought for about 2.5 seconds. Apply your superior cranial skills to the problem at hand and quit dreaming about models.

i prefer red wine tink. candles?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
What a nice puppy, good puppy!

Are you looking for the meaning of life?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
depth Kalach depth.

think for me. I can only hold a thought for about 2.5 seconds. Apply your superior cranial skills to the problem at hand...

I did.

I suspect you of having a guiding purpose in these posts. If it's just play, then bubble baths are a joyful addition. If the purpose is more sinister, bubble baths while waiting are pleasant too.

Sauna, anyone?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The meaning of life is puppies. I'm not kidding.

sculpting

What a nice puppy, good puppy!

Are you looking for the meaning of life?

Sporadically. It goes in phases. I try but then I get all analytical on it and chunk it all out the window. Then a few years later I revisit the topic.

Right now I just have to analyze people. Sorry I am like a little lab puppy poking and prodding w my nose at all the corners to try and get the toy hidden under the blanket.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm close between all of mine (60% or less), but T/F is the closest at a 51% preference on feeling.

sculpting

I did.

I suspect you of having a guiding purpose in these posts. If it's just play, then bubble baths are a joyful addition. If the purpose is more sinister, bubble baths while waiting are pleasant too.

Sauna, anyone?

Kalach, I know its hard not having an opposable thumb.

You have such a cute little kissable pink nose, with such cuddly wuddly little ears and just the sweetest, softest little paws ever, with hardly a claw. I just to snuggle up with your wee little self , lick your little pink nose, and let you crawl in my shirt and spoon.

Yet the lack of the thumb holds you back from so many things you have wanted to do in life like play baseball, open tin cans, lifting the lid on the toilet seat and texting on a cell phone.

Now it is time to answer the question. Or I will come visit you and bite off your cute little toes, one little, itsy, bitsy nub at a time which will only further hamper your efforts at living in the real thumbed world.

I am a puppy. Dont make me piddle on the carpet.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
depth Kalach depth.

think for me. I can only hold a thought for about 2.5 seconds. Apply your superior cranial skills to the problem at hand and quit dreaming about models.

i prefer red wine tink. candles?

candles I do (but don't really drink much these days- my Scottish genes are clearly not working), white or rose or brandy was the drink of choice

Lis

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I test INTJ but i'm close between the S/N and T/F. it's pretty annoying because i don't feel like i completely fit into any of the types.

Nobody really fits completely into any of the types; they're imaginary ideals and everyone falls somewhere in the space between them. (Some people are closer to the stereotype than others, though.)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't know what the hell is this thread is about. The thread title looked really appealing, but then the OP seemed a little -- not my taste. So I'll just tell you what the meaning of life is.

THERE IS NO MEANING OF LIFE. But people are not willing to accept this because they're afraid. Most people create meaning out of their jobs, or their families, or their relationships, making sure their partners are faithful and interested. A lot of people make social approval the meaning of life, even if they won't acknowledge it in a conversation. Others, like me, obsess about perfecting and understanding their personality and their surroundings. They're striving for things, all day, all night, because they think this is what life is about. They're unwilling or unable to really accept the truth about life, which is that it has no meaning. That realization is actually extremely comforting and beautiful, because it evaporates the boundaries between you and the world and cures people's fear of loneliness.

Von Mittendorf

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
^Hell yes! I've been trying to explain that for years!

Is the title of this thread some sort of "asses in seats" approach to foruming? The idea is that more people will look at a thread called "the meaning of life" and then will see your post and maybe decide to post anyway, since they're already here? This tactic would get exponentially less effective the more posts there are, since people are less likely to join a really long thread they're not that interested in.

...This thread is killing itself simply by existing.

Maybe this does have something to do with the meaning of life.

Puppy, are you a mad genius?

sculpting

um, there was no logic just spacticity. I really wanted answers to the questions but I tend to dive between utter pathetic silliness and deep contemplation. So I think I may have done both at the same time, in the same sentance, and titled the thread oddly. Can I change the title as not to disturb reverant jewish puppies?

should have been posted up in the types section anyways.