• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] the meaning of life

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
None, were born, we live, we die.

If the human race was wiped out tommorow, our existence would not have been, nor meant anything in the course of the very fabric of our reality.

Humans tend to think that life has a meaning, they refuse to believe that it is just purposeless, thus they make up things like religion , they make personal quests, which we petty humans view as glorious. But in the end they never realize the futility of their own effort, the pettiness of their attempt, the utter meaningless in their goals.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno..I love introverts, so that's not an issue. But the three other letters, I'm pretty extreme in, which means that S's and myself tend to not be able to get past a certain communicationsbarrier, though I do like a lot of them, T's can be either utterly fascinating or annoyingly pedantic or worse, both; and high Js tend to make me nervous with all their systems and restrictions, though very handy to have around when you have no clue on how to handle something.

And the meaning of life is experiencing life with every fiber of your being. There. I said it.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
And the meaning of life is experiencing life with every fiber of your being. There. I said it.

Whats the point if you're conciousness eventually dies anyway. All the library of experience will be burnt at one in time.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Whats the point if you're conciousness eventually dies anyway. All the library of experience will be burnt at one in time.

It's not the goal, or destination. It's the journey itself that has meaning.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
It's not the goal, or destination. It's the journey itself that has meaning.

The journey is worth nothing without closure. Because the journey itself was meaningless in the first place. Erring into nothingness.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know what the hell is this thread is about. The thread title looked really appealing, but then the OP seemed a little -- not my taste. So I'll just tell you what the meaning of life is.

THERE IS NO MEANING OF LIFE. But people are not willing to accept this because they're afraid. Most people create meaning out of their jobs, or their families, or their relationships, making sure their partners are faithful and interested. A lot of people make social approval the meaning of life, even if they won't acknowledge it in a conversation. Others, like me, obsess about perfecting and understanding their personality and their surroundings. They're striving for things, all day, all night, because they think this is what life is about. They're unwilling or unable to really accept the truth about life, which is that it has no meaning. That realization is actually extremely comforting and beautiful, because it evaporates the boundaries between you and the world and cures people's fear of loneliness.

I think the meaning of life is adorning one's dog with as much Jewish flair as you have time for in one lifetime.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The journey is worth nothing without closure. Because the journey itself was meaningless in the first place. Erring into nothingness.

I disagree :)
The things learned on that journey are way more important than the destination could ever be. In fact, they should be the reason you undertake the journey in the first place.

ngannacvy

MBTI Type
INFP
Isn't the meaning of life the universe and everything 42?:huh:

that's what it says in google.:newwink:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTJ/INTJ, ISFJ/INFJ
These should be switched to ISTJ/ISFJ, INTJ/INFJ. I don't even know what Si is.

Following your ENTP/ENFP model, this would involve swapping Fe/Fi and Te/Ti, not changing the primary function. The first time I took the MBTI, my results were around 80+ percent for I, N, and J and around 60 percent for F. That seems to be the case for many INFJs; around 60-65 percent F. So that is the letter that is most variable.

Cindy

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm alive by pure lucky chance and so I'm going to make the most of it. It may seem silly but its not easy to know what will make me happy and it's constantly changing so I guess continuously seeking happiness is my main goal/meaning to life as well as experiencing all that I can in the unknown length of time I have here. I think continuously finding happiness means experiencing the pains and emotions associated with life and then finding peace from that. So having decided that, it draws more motivation from me to find the F in me but I doubt I'll ever type as an F.

I read somewhere in my internet research on MBTI that as we mature we become more like our opposites as is personal growth and also that there are degrees of introvertedness and extrovertedness, they are not exactly separate like the others.
I'm new to MBIT so feel free to correct me here.

Depending on my mood I can come up as an INTJ or ISTJ and both descriptions fit, alone they are lacking. I would of preferred to fit exactly into one type myself.

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
My meaning is this: to truly be. To affect others, and the world around me, and leave it a bit better than before I was here. To experience every possible pleasurable thing I can be a part of - which for me primarily consists of jumping from cliffs into water or a plane with a parachute attached, or being dragged behind a kite while strapped to a board, or twirling lengths of rope with balls of fire at the end in streaking patterns the eye can't follow.

To learn tumbling and how to play an instrument. To go out with a bang and a flame and remind those who come after me that even when you become ash, the memories of what you do can make others have a rollicking wake in your honour.

To share with others that (for some) you can be completely happy without owning large amounts of unnecessary possessions. That experiences are the only pieces of property you get to take with you everywhere, the only things that can never be taken from you and which are the most precious.

That you can walk solitarily through life and still love it, while remembering that all the bad along the way is just as much a part of it, a melancholy you can use to further your self.

Oh, and that you don't have to be remembered in the history books to have a grand life, one that you can enjoy to the fullest.

THERE IS NO MEANING OF LIFE. But people are not willing to accept this because they're afraid. Most people create meaning out of their jobs, or their families, or their relationships, making sure their partners are faithful and interested. A lot of people make social approval the meaning of life, even if they won't acknowledge it in a conversation. Others, like me, obsess about perfecting and understanding their personality and their surroundings. They're striving for things, all day, all night, because they think this is what life is about. They're unwilling or unable to really accept the truth about life, which is that it has no meaning. That realization is actually extremely comforting and beautiful, because it evaporates the boundaries between you and the world and cures people's fear of loneliness.

But if one creates meaning from nothing - finds or creates it in their work, or another person - does that not give meaning to their life? I can agree that to some there is no inherent meaning when they are first born - but are you also saying that it cannot be found? In that, I would disagree. (I'm not sure which you are saying.)

Why is it worth nothing to you?

What makes it meaningless?

Do you think that applies to everyone, or are you simply speaking for yourself?