• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's CLubbing

Clubbing

• Loved it lots

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Was indifferent to it

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Hated it to bits

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters
G

garbage

I love dancing, people, and music, so I can't help but love clubbing! I'm usually the one who'll drag people up on center stage with me.

They're also ripe for social experiments.. a purely anonymous environment with a lot of people. Take on any identity you want and go try it out, or just sit back and try to read people!

It's just.. fun! :devil:

(It's also about the only time I'll ever exercise any Se at all, just letting loose and getting lost in the moment..)

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Word.

I wouldn't mind going dancing sometime if I didn't have to worry about guys trying to pick me up. Generally, though, I hate bars and clubs. I will go to a bar if a good band's playing, though.

You can always go to gay clubs. I wonder how many straight women do that.

T

ThatGirl

Give me good music a dance floor and a drink, and I'm the happiest person in the world.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Yeah, good suggestion.

I would say fuck the grindy men, but it does hamper you when you have to push them away (subtly or less subtly so) or tell them you don't feel like dancing a few times. It's also not looked upon favourably by other people...as if your dancing grants guys some right.

Otherwise, definitely what ThatGirl said.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I lived in London from 18-22 and was a clubbing monster. Loved it. It still enjoy it at 27, but infrequently these days. The charm of music so loud I can't hear myself think +drunken pervs grinding me has worn off a little. Heh.

G

garbage

I've thought about that--I should check that out. Maybe the music would be better, too. :smile:

One of my favorite social experiments is giving guys at gay bars a bit of attention explicitly so women will notice it, see me as non-threatening and not too eager, and become much more open to dancing with me as a result. They love the attention and the possibility of being the one to "turn a gay guy straight."

Oh, yeah. I have my fun.

..but I doubt that there are many people out there as conniving and manipulative as I am.. so don't worry ;)

Oh, and the music is leagues better at gay clubs :)

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
^
how entj of you

hmm clubs. i can't say i hate it. I like the live atmosphere if i go with bunch of friends. But usually i'm not very active. I always preferred just sitting and talking philosophy while drunk as hell.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
One of my favorite social experiments is giving guys at gay bars a bit of attention explicitly so women will notice it, see me as non-threatening and not too eager, and become much more open to dancing with me as a result. They love the attention and the possibility of being the one to "turn a gay guy straight."

Oh, yeah. I have my fun.

..but I doubt that there are many people out there as conniving and manipulative as I am.. so don't worry ;)

Oh, and the music is leagues better at gay clubs :)

Lol, I've done this only to mess with women who want to know more at that point...

"what do you mean 'am i gay'? Can't you tell? *bats eyelashes*"

Man, I miss that. Gotta get to Orlando

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
If I recall, I think I might have entered someplace that could be described as a club once... I left in like 5 minutes, and it wasn't soon enough. Just completely not my thing at all.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I prefer bars over clubs since I don't go out to meet people. I go out to hang out with people I already know. Also, I don't dance, so there's that.

That :yes:

You can always go to gay clubs. I wonder how many straight women do that.

Doesn't mean you don't get hit on just means you don't know which side is going to do the hitting.

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Do I club? No.
Do I party? Hell yes
I find it a lot more enjoyable to carefully select 3-7 people to join me and party in a safe location(someone's home) than I do to go and surround myself with those I don't know. This may just be a result of the incapacitation that occasionally results from the social activities. Either way, I prefer a safe location for my risktaking, so to speak.
I also enjoy a group small enough to facilitate real conversation, since I don't enjoy having to feign interest in the boring sensor conversations/feeler small talk.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
raver.gif
raver.gif

MBTI Type
INTJ
I went to clubs a few times and I can think of tons of things I'd rather do, including smack myself in the face with a baseball bat. There's something about the vibe of a dance club that just makes me really anxious, irritable, cranky, and no fun to be around at all.

That said, I really enjoy going to bars.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I like discos over clubs, but I voted that I loved/love it. I especially love it when I don't know anybody there so I'm not bound by the social expectations other people have of me.

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Most american clubs that I'Ve been to or worked at have been fairly cheesy and fatiguing, so i can understand the lack of enthusiasm.

that said, im trying to open a club. Perhaps club is the wrong name. it would be more of a playground for creative people.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I never go clubbing. It's not my crowd or place.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I went to clubs a few times and I can think of tons of things I'd rather do, including smack myself in the face with a baseball bat. There's something about the vibe of a dance club that just makes me really anxious, irritable, cranky, and no fun to be around at all.

That said, I really enjoy going to bars.

I don't have much experience with clubs, but I do believe the conditions for making me enjoy these venues have to be a "perfect-storm" between the vibe & atmosphere of the particular club and the *people* I'm going with. Overall my experiences have been... inadequate to keep me going.

Bars I really do *hate* unless it's a restaurant/bar and I'm in the restaurant part.