• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ percentages

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
What do they mean?

Last time I took the Humanmetrics, um, "instrument", I came out

I N T J
100 75 88 33

33% J surprised me, and I don't know what it means. It implies 77% P?

One hundred percent Introvert I can understand. It's really me. I live a life of humble seclusion. I definitely have "people time" time limits. I can often actually feel the saturation point. It doesn't come gradually, it just happens and in a moment the corner is turned. It frequently happens well before I want it to. Because I do know I need some people time, and I get antsy if I haven't left the house at least once a day.

That antsy feeling of being inside too much, I think that's a Ni-Te nexus thing. I need to feed the Ni and it needs to be fed by something that's "out there", outside the house. I can feed it with my internet connection, or sometimes with a movie or a book, but as I get older, I think I need more of what's really out there, outside in the environment I live in.

But that J...

I know I'm not INTP. Some of my most uncomfortable years were the lost academic years, the ones that I can look back and say I was attempt to pass as INTP. But INTP isn't me. To be blunt, I'm pretty sure I don't like Ti. Detailed investigation gets tiresome fast. Investigation per se is great. Love it. Running down details is boring. I LOVE leaping to conclusions and suddenly deciding I'm right. And I LOVE noodling around with Ni. LOVE playing games with reality. My sense of humour is based fairly solidly on generating realistic absurdities. Happens a lot that when I see something unexpected, something that outrageously changes a routine or a convention, I laugh.

And I feel great when I make (and perform) a plan to leave the house and perform some feat of actual functioning, like going shopping or riding my bike to a place I've never been. That, I think, is Se getting its kicks. Recently I've taken to actual walking--good, solid, striding walks for an hour or two. Those times I can't really tell if I'm walking with Te eyes or Se eyes. (Or if that's the wrong way to say it.) I think it's Se eyes. Scanning for physical stuff. I LOVE seeing built landscapes, and looking over buildings, seeing shapes, textures, constructions, oddments like balconys and door ways and shadow.

I scan people. I know I do. I can sort of tell the difference between Te scanning and Ne scanning. I'd love to find a cognitive processes test to find out what I really do use most, but I usually think I use Te eyes most of the time. That's kinda why I'm surprised by that low J.

That J... I do live a life of hesitation, in many ways. I often can't make instant decisions, and positively need to retreat into the Ni to wait for an answer. And my house routinely looks like crap. And bigger life decisions, like what to do next, I often leave hanging for a lo-o-ng time, hoping never to answer them. Sort of believing that an answer will come in the moment of something starting to happen.

I know there's others with different percentages. What do they mean to you?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
J = 33 %
X questions with one answer leaning towards P and one towards J
All answers say P = 100% P
All answers say J = 100% J
So Half answers J and Half P means Ur just in the middle. So u'd have 0% preference

So it's like if it was really on base 200 and 33% would really be a 16.5% preference overall based on all the possibilities.

Or at least It's what seems to make sense to me

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Welcome, welcome to our world ..... let the P enfold you! It's like snuggling in a warm cozy blanket.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
On that test 0 is the baseline and would reflect a balance between J and P. MBTI is about preferences so 1% J would still be a preference for J over P. Your results indicate that you test as J. Numbers under 50 aren't a fail. :p

The percentages reflect the way you answered the questions, not necessarily how strong your preferences are compared to each other. For instance the numbers mean that you strongly prefer Introversion over Extroversion, not that your Introversion is stronger than your Thinking.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
No-o-o-!!! Me? P?!? Noooo....

EcK, while an opaque balloon, (and now Pippi, not an opaque balloon) makes sense. So I got it now. Answer 50 questions with 25 leaning P and 25 leaning J, then you'll get a score of 0% on either J or P. Answer 41.5 of them leaning J, and you're identified as 33% J. (33 being 2x16.5, 16.5 being how far 41.5 is away from 25.)

Phew! I am J. Just not super-duper Jaybles J.

I've met INTPs. Between they and I there's an instant suspicion, and it's hard to make friends. I always get the sense that anything I say is being poorly received or dismissed.

And the real test, meeting EXFJs...

So, yeah, I'm INTJ. And I like having "high scores". So, that J...

I did think that the J "score" was a little environmental... like for example, I'm not always on time for appointments, but a lot of times that because where I work and do stuff I already know I don't want to meet but have to. Decided. Decisive. J. But, on the other hand, a lot of times I'm just disorganised. But on the third hand, a lot of times I'm just reluctant to change...

What's it like having a tougher J? Or a different I?

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
One extra comment from me, the not opaque balloon (whatever that is??). The questions on the short online tests that they use to determine J or P are crap. They ask stuff like is your desk messy.

Why do you want to be a J? And have you tried the cognitive process tests to see what the order of your functions is?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have tried to find the cognitive processes test, but all the links and Google keep pointing to something that used to be free and now isn't.

I don't know why I want a higher J. Just competitive? Or a sense that I really am more stubborn about my decisions. Maybe over-compensating and just wishing I were more decisive. :D

Dunno.

But interested to hear how other people handle their INTJ-ness. To get some kind of baseline, maybe. I'm a bit fed up having spent most of my life recognising myself as unlike everyone else that I knew.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I have tried to find the cognitive processes test, but all the links and Google keep pointing to something that used to be free and now isn't.
Here is a cognitive functions test you could try if you like.

I don't know why I want a higher J. Just competitive? Or a sense that I really am more stubborn about my decisions. Maybe over-compensating and just wishing I were more decisive. :D

Dunno.
I've been striving for the opposite, to gain balance by mastering the use of all my functions. Specifically tackling my weakest ones, I have the others down cold after all.

But interested to hear how other people handle their INTJ-ness. To get some kind of baseline, maybe. I'm a bit fed up having spent most of my life recognising myself as unlike everyone else that I knew.
At least you know why now. :doh:

G

garbage

I know there's others with different percentages. What do they mean to you?

Is this open to non-INTJs? I'm answering anyway.

My own preference strengths seem to manifest themselves as making me feel like some sort of unholy ENTJ/ENFP hybrid in most areas of my life.

deleted
I know you can't be an INTJ without Ni, but I am positive you can be an INTP with Ni. My friend is about 75% P and regularly uses Ni, only I would know that. He's more introverted than me. I don't know how that could be. I score:

100% I
97% N, one S question that I had to answer yes to
85% T
91% J

I am almost the Greg Valentino of INTJs.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I know you can't be an INTJ without Ni, but I am positive you can be an INTP with Ni. My friend is about 75% P and regularly uses Ni, only I would know that. He's more introverted than me. I don't know how that could be. I score:

100% I
97% N, one S question that I had to answer yes to
85% T
91% J

Are you basing this statement on your score? I don't know why you give these percentages any type of validity when it comes to describing a real world temperament. It just means every question asking for I/E preference you answered you preferred I. It is by no means a value that is valid as an interpersonal benchmark.

Not to mention, your knowledge of the systems and how tests work, having made one yourself, makes it difficult for you to not know what each question is testing for, and thus it is easy to swing the results toward what you expect to see.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Here is a cognitive functions test...

I tried it. I got madd Te and Ni.

Te > Ni > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si > Fe > Se

I'll do it again tomorrow when I fresh and sweet smelling and see if it's the same.

So I had to look him up.

"I think guys who naturally have bigger nipples are more prone to getting bitch tits than guys with small nipples. I always had small nipples. I have a lot of theories on shit."

I enjoyed his interview in T-Nation. He's hilarious. :D

Dude, Lemons, you totally are, man! Totally! You got that super high N, and, man, that J--man! That's awesome! High T's totally rock, too! It's all up there, man, it's all there.

And now, for the bikini element of our show, Mr Lemons, what's it like to be you?

Please ignore Jock, obviously overawed, and we know it's not the 'roids, so...

Seriously, if you're willing to share, as a baseline thing, what's your experience of this world?

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I tried it. I got madd Te and Ni.

Te > Ni > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si > Fe > Se

I'll do it again tomorrow when I fresh and sweet smelling and see if it's the same.

So I had to look him up.

"I think guys who naturally have bigger nipples are more prone to getting bitch tits than guys with small nipples. I always had small nipples. I have a lot of theories on shit."

I enjoyed his interview in T-Nation. He's hilarious. :D

Dude, Lemons, you totally are, man! Totally! You got that super high N, and, man, that J--man! That's awesome! High T's totally rock, too! It's all up there, man, it's all there.

And now, for the bikini element of our show, Mr Lemons, what's it like to be you?

Please ignore Jock, obviously overawed, and we know it's not the 'roids, so...

Seriously, if you're willing to share, as a baseline thing, what's your experience of this world?
Is this just INTJ humor? I can't imagine you're serious.