• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] an ENTP experiment

sculpting

Okay, so I actually plan to conduct an ENTP experiment a little later this year.

I work in science so there are a plethora of ENTPs floating about. Individually they can be the life of whatever party you have. They push the boundaries farther and farther of whatever it is they do. Utterly crazyonce they turn on the party switch. Us ENFPs seem to have the same thing hiding inside but need a little more encouragement to bring it out.

When my company has its yearly meeting later this year I am going to host a party in which I drag in as many ENTPs as possible into a single crowd and exclude most of the other folks. I will spend a large chunk of money buying drinks and payingfor transportation and whatever entertainment they choose to pursue. I am looking for critical mass.

What I want to understand is how far and how fast they will go. What is it they are looking for? What is the endpoint? Do they at some point stop themselves or will they all end up in jail? What is the destination?

Hopefully we can keep jail out of the picture but any suggestions?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well you never know it could have the exact opposite effect. ENTP's I know are ultimately shy people who have broken through an introspective barrier, if ou put them into a room of other ENTP's who are also attention hoars, you may find it just tames them all down.

They may get deep and interesting, because they will sense the others have something really interesting to say. I know when I am around other ENTP's I'd rather spend time chatting properly with other ENTP's that nuts partying...

Also I think a lot depends on age..... If you have a 20 something audience they will be very different from a 30s or 40's audience etc

if you want to kick them off, put in a rullet (?sp) wheel and some chips to play with - irrespective of age they will be competitive.

Lis

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree with tinkerbell.
I strive to impress, please, and amuse people. Put me in a room full of ENTPs, and I know they'll appreciate my personality and it's quirks, so I wont feel the desire to act as off-the-wall and crazy-fun as I would otherwise.

T

ThatGirl

The op has me picturing everyone turning into jackasses at pleasure island.

Entps poke around for the interesting. So in a room full of poised people they will introduce a little chaos. In a room full of chaos they will observe and study.

I don't think entps are attention whores.

Also I would note that this could be dangerous for you as they could all ban together against you.if they found out your plan

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Entps poke around for the interesting. So in a room full of poised people they will introduce a little chaos. In a room full of chaos they will observe and study.

validation whores!

T

ThatGirl

validation whores!

Not really, if they internally settle on a theory they could care less about validation. Bouncing ideas may seem like they are looking for validation, but truthfully they are not. Ultimately its their thoughts and actions they consider valuable unless yours are usefull, lol then they become theirs.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP are energy whores. Interestingness makes our mental dicks hard.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
maybe we could settle the dispute by simply stating entps are whores.

It has a nice ring to it

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
maybe we could settle the dispute by simply stating entps are whores.

It has a nice ring to it

ENTP's are externally focused, which is slutty but not whore-y.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Okay, so I actually plan to conduct an ENTP experiment a little later this year.

I work in science so there are a plethora of ENTPs floating about. Individually they can be the life of whatever party you have. They push the boundaries farther and farther of whatever it is they do. Utterly crazyonce they turn on the party switch. Us ENFPs seem to have the same thing hiding inside but need a little more encouragement to bring it out.

When my company has its yearly meeting later this year I am going to host a party in which I drag in as many ENTPs as possible into a single crowd and exclude most of the other folks. I will spend a large chunk of money buying drinks and payingfor transportation and whatever entertainment they choose to pursue. I am looking for critical mass.

What I want to understand is how far and how fast they will go. What is it they are looking for? What is the endpoint? Do they at some point stop themselves or will they all end up in jail? What is the destination?

lol, invite me over, I always react to advertisements in newspaper looking for new test subjects.

Really what would you think would happen ? You are most probably to mistype just one of them and if you grabbed an INTJ instead, you will see the collective hate moving towards one person. :D

And if you are lucky and they are all entps, it will get really boring. Someone will bring out the "Miss World" calendar of 2008 and another one will have a six pack. Then you will see how things will go down the road :D

R

Riva

Also I would note that this could be dangerous for you as they could all ban together against you.if they found out your plan

so true

pecan111

Entp's en masse

YOu know I actually worked with a hard core group of entp's for awhile in a lab. What I saw was this; the wildest, most immature ones drove the rest of us into somehwat of a hibernation. The energy was just too off kilter and immature and the rest of us entp's actually got quieter. There were always 1-2 that carried on and were the focus of attention, however it really turned into the wrong kind of attention. The rest of us turned into milder versions. If i can recall, i felt like they looked too out there and loud, and I wasn't interested in adding to it. I also can remember there was interaction but it was more subdued than only 1-2 of us in a group, so it may indeed be the oppostite of what you might expect..
of course, we all weren't drunk and we were at work, but there were 6 out of 8 in one little room working so I would say that was critical mass for sure!!!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Threre is no telling what will happen. I just hope the OP's house is insured.

Qre:us

Did you miss the "DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS" sign?