• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How do you view INFJs?

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I think I've only ever encountered two rationals in my life. I don't generally fall out with people but I would say these have been my two biggest fall outs with people in my life and they've both been very bad experiences. I am a peacemaker type and conflict on any scale is extremely destructive to me.
I don't wish to go into detail about what happened. I'd just like to know how rationals view INFJs. What are your experiences with them?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I love INFJs.
I wish I were one.

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Really?
It's not easy..but I guess being an INTJ isn't either

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
The ones I've seen here are highly intelligent, and can communicate their thoughts well.
The profiles I have read say they make great leaders and that people like them.
Perhaps I am an INFJ wannabe.

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
Before age forty the ones I've known were open minded, playful, optimistic, clever, intelligent and a bit overly eager to compromise, even where there is no disagreement. They had a subtle, but never cruel sense of humor. They were appreciative of the smallest favor or attention and just as eager to do whatever was necessary to please. Sometimes fickle, it never seemed to be a loss of affection, but rather an indecisiveness about what they needed to find happiness. Each insisted that others be honest and open in expressing feelings, but without reciprocating their own. Very secretive, they were genuinely surprised when told how little of their own thoughts and feelings they shared. Possibly a lack of self esteem(?)
After forty they seem to become anti-INFJs. I assume it's because they discover the world will not change to fit the model they've always imagined, and at first disillusioned, they become bitter, intolerant - unless challenged, inflexible - whether challenged or not, depressed and these are the things that may explain their ever increasing health problems. It's an assumption difficult to confirm, but would explain why, of all the people I've known, they suffer the greatest variety of illnesses. They also try to hide their pleasure in any misfortune suffered by those not on their approved list. As the years go by they no longer seem to believe happiness can be achieved, and will redirect any effort to offer a positive outlook. They do continue to be mysterious at times, but some effort and patience makes them reveal more about their feelings. This might be my own willingness to be direct the questions asked.

Early years they're hard to resist. Later just talking to them could probably lead to suicidal thoughts; a very slight exaggeration based on the three confirmed INFJ types I know. Considering the good, and the bad, it's been an INFJ woman that has kept me captivated for more decades than I should admit. I guess their my favorite, and least favorite, of types.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
INFJ seems an admirable way to be.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The last species on earth, I neither feel ashamed, obligated, surpressed, bored nor escaping, ellusive, avoiding or dumb.

They seem to be real masters of that Fi thing and know how to cope with it. At least the one I know.

The only thing that makes me sad is, that I can give nothing back, besides insecurity. And I dont think that suffices for them in the long run.

R

Riva

I think I've only ever encountered two rationals in my life. I don't generally fall out with people but I would say these have been my two biggest fall outs with people in my life and they've both been very bad experiences. I am a peacemaker type and conflict on any scale is extremely destructive to me.
I don't wish to go into detail about what happened. I'd just like to know how rationals view INFJs. What are your experiences with them?

I love INFJs.
I wish I were one.

me too.

i have a question for you. what type of a NT did you meet? you said the experience was pretty bad right? not all NTs alike. infact i(ENTPs) always have problems with EXTREME INTJs and INTPs. they seem to not have much feelings.
but i have to mention both those people are also my good friends. i have problems only when they are having bad days.

R

Riva

The last species on earth, I neither feel ashamed, obligated, surpressed, bored nor escaping, ellusive, avoiding or dumb.

They seem to be real masters of that Fi thing and know how to cope with it. At least the one I know.

The only thing that makes me sad is, that I can give nothing back, besides insecurity. And I dont think that suffices for them in the long run.

well said. +100

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*coughpsychopathcough*

velocity

MBTI Type
epic

infj's use fe, not fi.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If I imagine my gf friend wanting to be the center of attention, sharing her emotions widely with everyone around her, being that humorus girl everyone loves, doing all that crazy things woman just do, I think she would cut my throat in one stroke