• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs, are you quirky?

Gauche

Well, I mean, do you have somehow "strange habits" in comparison to the rest of the people, do you have unique ways of dealing with things which other people look like :shock: at.. and so on.

I'm sure you know I'm talking about...

So, tell me about your quirks, if you have them:D

(Question for others: do you find INTJs quirky, and how?)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
do you have unique ways of dealing with things which other people look like :shock: at.. and so on.
Hm, if I look at others faces; I must be doing quirky stuff all the time, because I get that look quite often. :huh:
But I think one of the oddest things I do is the stuff with not opening doors.

If our doorbell goes off, I am not opening; unless I know that somebody said he wanted to drop by. Other then that I never open doors and neither do I answer phones (unless I see the number of my roomie on it).
I just am not interested to deal with people I don't wanna hear anything from. I mostly have other plans, so spontaneous visitors have a problem. =P

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Hm, if I look at others faces; I must be doing quirky stuff all the time, because I get that look quite often. :huh:
But I think one of the oddest things I do is the stuff with not opening doors.

If our doorbell goes off, I am not opening; unless I know that somebody said he wanted to drop by. Other then that I never open doors and neither do I answer phones (unless I see the number of my roomie on it).
I just am not interested to deal with people I don't wanna hear anything from. I mostly have other plans, so spontaneous visitors have a problem. =P

You could have just said "yes, you are quirky" ;)

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
You could have just said "yes, you are quirky" ;)
Yeah, awesome. As this if this is gonna help the OP if everybody just says "yes, me too". :rolleyes2:
Err, I mean, I love you too. :D

Oh and by the way, me not opening doors drives my ISFP roomie crazy. He can't understand it. :devil:

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Quirky? Nah, I try and keep my quirks to myself. I think a lot of INxxs are aware that others would think us odd and we aren't comfortable being the center of attention so we keep a low profile.

Gauche

Yeah, awesome. As this if this is gonna help the OP if everybody just says "yes, me too". :rolleyes2:

yeah, very well:D

pippi said:
Quirky? Nah, I try and keep my quirks to myself. I think a lot of INxxs are aware that others would think us odd and we aren't comfortable being the center of attention so we keep a low profile.

Sure, I see your point. On the other hand, INFPs and INTPs can be pretty quirky from time to time, though probably unintentionaly

Qre:us

INXJ, have to sell his house, his agent is having another open house, and apparently the agent is not doing his job effectively, because it *shouldn't take that long, too many open houses*. Solution? Well, since it's not allowed by law, for the owner to be present during an open house, he decided he will hide out in his cellar (which apparently has great echo of the rest of the house - yes, we ran experiment to find this out) during the open house, to spy/see how the agent handles potential buyers, and issues that potential buyers have with the house. (he didn't want to spend money on rigging the house with recorders and such)

When I inquired how he'd keep himself entertained for all the hours, inside the cellar, he told me that he has one of those flashlight-headgear-thingy, and he'll read all the letters that's been piling up since he had gone on his last tour.

And, then, with a dead-pan face, asks me, "Why, too weird?"

:shock:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
INXJ, have to sell his house, his agent is having another open house, and apparently the agent is not doing his job effectively, because it *shouldn't take that long, too many open houses*. Soloution? Well, since it's not allowed by law, for the owner to be present during an open house, he decided he will hide out in his cellar (which apparently has great echo of the rest of the house - yes, we ran experiment to find this out) during the open house, to spy/see how the agent handles potential buyers, and issues that potential buyers have with the house. (he didn't want to spend money on rigging the house with recorders and such)

When I inquired how he'd keep himself entertained for all the hours, inside the cellar, he told me that he has one of those flashlight-headgear-thingy, and he'll read all the letters that's been piling up since he had gone on his last tour.

And, then, with a dead-pan face, asks me, "Why, too weird?"

:shock:

I admit I didn't get that that was supposed to be weird until you pointed it out.

Also, I question his method of spying. Wouldn't it be easier to set up some hidden cameras? That way, 1. you could actually see what was happening. 2. He could be in a more physically comforting location. 3. There would be less chance of legal ramifications should he get caught.

Or maybe not.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ Such 'special' people you all are, the INTX.

Also, I question his method of spying. Wouldn't it be easier to set up some hidden cameras? That way, 1. you could actually see what was happening. 2. He could be in a more physically comforting location. 3. There would be less chance of legal ramifications should he get caught.

Or maybe not.

His motto is always win-win (and he's got cost-benefit contingency plans up the wazzoo). Hence, above case, too much $, effort, time, to justify the benefit.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
His motto is always win-win (and he's got cost-benefit contingency plans up the wazzoo). Hence, above case, too much $, effort, time, to justify the benefit.

Yeah, I suppose so for a one time event. For a regular occurrence however, maybe, maybe not.

:yim_rolling_on_the_ Such 'special' people you all are, the INTX.

:)

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I once had to go on a 1000 mile road trip by myself. To ease my boredom I brought along a framed photograph of some guy taken in 1902. He wasn't much of a conversationalist but he kept me amused. On the first night I stayed in motel with two beds, because I didn't want to share a bed with him. When I finally got to my destination, my friend's family's house, I slept in my car for a few weeks parked on their lawn. My friend's father (ESTJ) was offended by this, although was curiously indirect about it. Whenever someone wanted to have a chat with me I would say, "Please, come into my office." And we would sit in my spacious backseat.

I would also love to go camping during winter in the snow.

Edit: Oo! Oo! And I forgot to mention... I talk to myself... a lot.

MBTI Type
INxJ

Bada bing

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Oo! Oo! And I forgot to mention... I talk to myself... a lot.
I think we all do that. At least I do. If nobody else talks smart stuff with me, then I'll just do it myself. :D

pippi said:
I think a lot of INxxs are aware that others would think us odd and we aren't comfortable being the center of attention so we keep a low profile.
Eeew, center of attention! Go away! It makes me feel very awkward. So +100 on your statement.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'm no more quirky than the rest of the population.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've lived with my INTJ fiance for 2 years now, and i must say... i have NEVER met a quirkier individual. He does some of the strangest things, for some of the strangest reasons. I'm not sure if i should go into detail, because he probably wouldn't want me to. I can't speak for all INTJs since i only know one, but mine really is quirky.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
No you don't. Trust me on this one.
But what if the whole point of the trip is to suffer? :( Wouldn't I be acheiving my goal?