• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP + INFJ -> ISTP = ? It's a game, sort of

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
My dad is an ENTP. Mom an INFJ. I the son, only child, ISTP.

Theorize what behavior you may expect from the individuals in the family. I'm leaving out detail in order to see how accurate you guys can get with MBTI theory. Call it a game if you like. I'll validate your ideas as you come up with them.

Oh, and and hi everyone. :hi:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Same boat as you, except I'm INTJ.

In my family, my father tends to have a large ego. Captain of the ship mentality if you will.

Hmm not sure how to explain my mom without going into more personal things...
Gah, hmph, just tell me if I am right about your father.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Good start.
Father - The ego is up there sometimes. Captain of the ship - I can follow that. Owns his own business (isn't that bad news for ENTPs?), not so much at home.

Mom - Maybe I can guess where you're coming from, but no doubt the J plays a big factor.

Congrats, so far you're the winning.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Haha, my father owns his own business also.

Yes. It is a bad idea.

I'll probably post more later. :)

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I'd like to hear about it. Sounds interesting...

Qre:us

Your dad prolly does something to earn himself in the doghouse, with a crazy idea that he *just* *has* *to* *do* cuz he's *so* *sure* *it* *will* *work*. "TRUST ME!" With your mama exasperated at the chronic frustration that can be your dad (and her J). Only to have your dad skillfully, and with a 'gee-gosh' smile smooze back into her good graces, with her fighting to stop the smile from breaking out. To which, your dad, slyly winks in your direction, indicative of 'mission accomplished'.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Your dad prolly does something to earn himself in the doghouse, with a crazy idea that he *just* *has* *to* *do* cuz he's *so* *sure* *it* *will* *work*. "TRUST ME!" With your mama exasperated at the chronic frustration that can be your dad (and her J). Only to have your dad skillfully, and with a 'gee-gosh' smile smooze back into her good graces, with her fighting to stop the smile from breaking out. To which, your dad, slyly winks in your direction, indicative of 'mission accomplished'.

Hmmm.... not bad. That's pretty close to it.

I think that might be what he's trying to do, except he isn't that sauve. Also, they act different when I'm around so who knows.

You're winning.

deleted
Ways to make an INTJ

MOM + DAD = Child
INFP + ESTJ = INTJ
ENFP + ESTJ = INTJ
ISFP + ESTJ = INTJ
ESFP + ESTJ = INTJ
ESFP + ESFP = INTJ
INFP + ESFJ = INTJ
INFP + ESTP = INTJ
INFP + ESFP = INTJ

I just made all of these up.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I'm pretty sure my father is EnTp, and my mother is IStp. I'm an InfJ.

Which means I have N in common with my father, and I in common with my mother. Just one letter each.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd say you and your dad need to stick together :alttongue:

My best friend is ISTP, and I think he's the mutt's. I really dig you guys, there's something I find comforting and yet fascinating about y'all.

Not so much luck here with the INFJ's, but... haha... hope you have better!

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP

ahahahahahaha!! Probably indicative of many ENTP + Feeler relationships.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
My dad is an ENTP. Mom an INFJ. I the son, only child, ISTP.

Theorize what behavior you may expect from the individuals in the family. I'm leaving out detail in order to see how accurate you guys can get with MBTI theory. Call it a game if you like. I'll validate your ideas as you come up with them.

Oh, and and hi everyone. :hi:

Similar situation.

My dad is ENTJ, mom is INFJ, I'm ISTx.