• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Two types of INTJs

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
It makes /us/ feel better that we aren't complete jackasses. But do the complete jackasses feel bad about their jackassery?
I don't actually think they do. ;)
*lol* Yeah, probably not. Well, not YET at least. Hrhrhr. :devil:
Anyways, their loss. And now let's go and save the world, sonata. :D

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
*lol* Yeah, probably not. Well, not YET at least. Hrhrhr. :devil:
Anyways, their loss. And now let's go and save the world, sonata. :D

YES LET'S DO IT. :happy:

Now how would a pair of unconventional INTJs go about saving the world?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Also can you help me sort this out. I am in sceince so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

they seem to come in two or maybe three flavors.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

So any idea about the diff between 1 and 2?

From my experience 1. and 2. are the same person, but the INTJ will act more like 1. if they feel comfortable around you and 2. otherwise.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I like being vague, because it encourages questions/answers that you would never expect from others.

Same, I say downright weird shit sometimes (first one to make something genuinely witty out of that gets a prize) - when it comes to me as a natural "epiphany" of meaning or connection, I just say it...often I will throw stuff out there and no one will return anything, though. I've found that Ni doms and Ne doms are good at bouncing stuff back (or people that have good perception functions in general, N especially prolly). I guess the others need more time to think things through. I can reformulate/come to a new idea midsentence and change my overall idea completely while talking ...I'm always amazed at where such make-shift replies lead me. :)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
YES LET'S DO IT. :happy:

I bet alone the imagination of that, will cost at least one innocent ENTP the life :D

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Can't bear the silence after a prof asks a question and the students just refuse to say anything.

One time this happened to me in class, I waited like 2 minutes and then forced my hand up. I would've answered earlier, but I didn't think I had to, seeing as the question had been like, just asking for a definition of communism. Apparently either no one else in that class knew (shudder) or no one had the balls to say it, which is also equally as absurd.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
mostly because it is. I do understand the way it was being used, it was supposed to mean something like "we INTJs, who on the whole are unconventional..." like an extra kind of descriptor

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
How about we get some more people (like an INTP for example) and start controling the internet, as well as all the networks and machines? :D

I bet alone the imagination of that, will cost at least one innocent ENTP the life :D
You should join in. ;)

Man, I just realized there are quite a few non-typical INTJs in here. Especially lately there were a few new ones that joined. Awesome. I guess we need to redefine the "typical INTJ" very soon. :devil:

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I contend that because it is a key component of an INTJs personality to be original, as well as stubborn, probably almost all of us (of course within a certain behavioral framework) are like... innately harder to find the consistencies in.

Of course I might be falling prey to this syndrome as well, being american:

David Brin : The Dogma of Otherness

sculpting

i am still unclear.

I have been close to both types actually on a friend-coworker level. Being an enfp that means i hover under their feet and charm them to death with my flutterbyness.

the numbers ones are too cerebral and abstract too be ISTJs. one is an MIT nueroscientist, another a biochemisut, and the last an organic chemist. They also are not "powerful" the way an entj is. Those guys feel the need to exert themselves on everything around them.

also a middle N-s seems really odd for these two types, given that the the primary function is either Si or Ni. That would seem to negate the possibility of someone who is split in the middle.

MBTI Type
INxJ

Are you offering? I'll fire up the witch burning stake if your ready.

OP: I've seen all of those characteristics in INTJs, but I wouldn't state they're broody. That's a bit more emotive than the majority, since Te is the function INTJs use to deal with the outside world. What your describing seems to be the instinctual variants of Enneagram 5 (possibly 8 for type 3). You're very observant to pick up all the nuances in INTJ behavior.

Type 1: Self Preservation
Type 2: Intimate/Sexual
Type 3: Social

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also can you help me sort this out. I am in sceince so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

Honestly none of these descriptions are right on, but I'll run with it... I can sort of fit into all three of these. I tend to go off of my environment and really look for vibes. Sometimes I'm nothing but quite and excessively analytical about everything, as well as super stimulated in places I find productive. How ever I act, and what ever my "mood" boils down to is all about gageing the proper place for my intensity. Some people/environments just can't handle my energy, and that is something that generates most of my anxieties in unfamiliar environments. When it boils down to it through and through... I'm my best in productive environments were people (particularly managers) just kind of set me loose to do my own thing. I'm pretty strange and deranged and naturally unorthodox about any and all methodologies (especially with experiments). I'm actually very social, talkative, and upbeat in my most preferred state, but I have to feel like something is being accomplished... I get bored way to damn easy, and I get agititaed with anyone who just wants to tread water so to speak. If I'm not comfortable... You may never know I'm there, and thus likely to go fully incognito before long... My friends know me notoriously for my dissapearing act. They typically just know by now that I either had to impulsively go for a drive, or I got sucked into an idea sending me in search of pen, paper, and isolation. Im a strange breed I get that. I don't know if other INTJ s are similar, but none of us would be interesting if we all shared the same antics also... We are problem solvers that have a strategy subconsciously for everything; bare in mind that its common to solve a problem 10,000 different ways, and that alone can mean 10,000 different ways to create a cherry flavored coolaid... None will ever be exactly the same.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

In short:

First group are INTJs that are Enneagram 1 or mistyped ISTJs.

Second group are strandard INTJs that test as 5s and perhaps there is a few 6s in the mix.

Third group are INTJs that test as 8s, they are very health 5s or they are mistyped ENTJs.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All of these fit me, and I'm not even an INTJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
there's also the ones who seem to share some sort of zen hitman type vibe with some istps... (though that could take us down the rabbit hole to different types of istps) :unsure: