• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP men

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
All the ENTPs I know have been super flirtatious. I find that ENTPs make better friends than significant others, for me at least.

My mode is engaging, which can slip into flirtation. I agree with this likely being due to Ne as I see ENFP do it as well. In relationships this has never been a problem since I usually then direct all my energies to one person, especially if I'm totally in love with them.

Oh honey no. No no. ENTPs *are* flirtatious. That doesn't mean they're ALL that way or that they have nothing better to do than chat up girls/guys. ENFPs can be very flirtatious too. Must be an Ne primary thing.

Don't fret.

Yes. My brother is also ENTP and sometimes it even seems like he's flirting with me, though not in a sexual way at all, just a very directed attention sort of thing. Laser focus on you.

That was my impression when his hand was down the back of my jeans.

Ah, yes.

"WTF is Ne-ing, in the context that you use?"

I think you see it most in the eyes. I wouldnt notice unless i had spent some time paying attention to nlp eye stuff.

ENTPs-both men and women-do a lot of looking up to the right or up-left, then direct stares as they observe the object of interest. NLP says the up right-left is actually visual remeberance and visual imagination of something new.

It's the ENTP eye fucking that we do.

the direct stare means they are studying the object of interest, gathering data, then they do the quick up right or left stares as they visually process what they are doing w the data. Or the direct stare is the Ti coming out once they have decided what to do with the data. That's me, not nlp, could totally be wrong.

In general though it also passes into conversation, body movements, into everything they do. The potential for "something brewing" is always there. looking for mischief as you noted earlier.

Yes, we get bored easily.

For me, having a very similiar Ne, now that I am actually making eye contact (Fi s do hide from others), it is intoxicating, and really fun. I love mischief, although I am more like a puppy wheareas you guys are more like tiger cubs.

Fi dominant types love when you focus on them and can see into them, perhaps. They get used to not being noticed.

Qre:us

dude, the cross, the body hair... where can I hook up with that guy? He's my soul mate.

You makin' funna me? You mockin' me, tough guy? Do you know how much the chest perm cost me? I ain't trust no one but, God, and me. And the 'tache, catches the smell.

(besides, black makes me look svelte, no? )

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
And I have this odd urge to vomit.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, I am a happy puppy ENFP here for advice. (posted on another site already too.)

I am a biochemist turned marketer. My entire career I have been surrounded by NTs everywhere. I love them!!!! lovelovelovelove lalalala! (told you Im an ENFP) I am a whirlwind of spasticity amongst all my NTs and I have found a very good niche in my career

Most of the folks I work with I understand. INTJs with thier silly broody brillant pedanticness, INTPs who have given up at my lack of logical precision but respond in good natured fashion to my vaguely construed, random barrage of questioning.

I luv my ENTP buddies as well, most of who have been women so far. I am the Product Manager for a product that my ENTP best friend is a Project Manager for. We have verbal wars debating the theoretical merits of market driven needs vs project management constraints on our cell phones during our evening commute everyday, and enjoy every minute of it.

So where I am a little confused is with ENTP men. Looking back I realize I am completely drawn to thier company and really like being around them, however in the past was married to a pure ISTP (very, very poor match for me) and thus never really on the market. All my favorite guys in college were physicists.

I am single now but honestly I am such a poor sensor (Si) that I really dont notice how other folks look. Men or women, they are like big people blobs. Once I start talking to them, I forget what they look like and only "see" what they are. Sorry I know that sounds totally nuts. So sometimes I will look up in the midst of working with an ENTP guy and catch this odd shock when our eyes meet. like a little burst of super sensing. A few weeks back one of the ENTPs I work with was at our sales meeting (ie drunken party) and walked up behind me, and began running his hands through my hair, working out the little tangles and occasionally touching my scalp gently. It was the MOST sensual erotic thing a man has ever done to me. sorry, seems a little off but I was with an ISTP forever.

Later he held my hand for a few seconds and then made me kiss him on the cheek in front of the crowd of foks there, for some drunken reason or another. He was in the office all week, and I found I suddenly cant avoid "sensing" him. To even be in the same room with him I have to be sort of bitchy or I just lose my breath a little and cant focus. He watches me when I speak like he is studying me, or observing me. He came in and just plopped down in my office and smiles a little, watches me and takes my total bitchiness and just smiles.

I treat him like he is stupid, make fun of his PhD, (he is one arrogant bastard normally), and am kind of short with him and he just smiles and watches. stupid blue eyes.

In general he is a partying boy, who travels 75%, with a live-in girlfriend in another state.

i guess the question is are the little glances and smiles, touches, watching actual interest or just an ever roaming Ne finding possibilities? Then my Ne manages to catch thier Ne roaming annd i get confused, and my normally somewhat open Fi gets sqirriled away and all i feek okay showing is super Te.

now you too, have seen a glimpse into the scary stuff in the ENFP brain. hehehe!

If you have an eye for someone, go for it. I always say 'have no regrets'...It's better to live and take calculated risks than to have regrets follow you around and feel miserable. That's my honest take...and if you don't know what his interest is, literally Ask him..then you'll find out.

sculpting

It turns outh this man's initial interest in me was just to make another girl he had been sleeping with on and off jealous. Then when he realized I was an easy target, he zeroed in any toyed with me for awhile. He did it again on a recent business trip where I saw him again.

I have been alone for a few years after ending a long relationship and I guess it was just appealing to hope that a man would be actually interested in me for how I look or something special about who I am. To think I would be interesting I guess.

Its not like I want to be married again or even ever live with a man again. I am even open to fun flings, however to be played by someone , not because they even think I am interesting, but becuase I am the nearest convienent vagina, is a bit rough.

I wouuld suggest not playing games like this with feelers as we dont cope as well as thinkers do.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He was interested in you for how you look and for something special about who you are. Just because he's flighty doesn't mean it wasn't there for a minute. Stay in the happy place where his fingers were in your hair. Take that good feeling with you as you move on.:hug:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think he is flirting with you, though when people get fixated (like you are right now) they tend to project a lot into their perception. Still though, it sounds like he's flirting.

I would caution against making any advances because it's unethical while he has a girlfriend. It won't just mess with his girlfriend; it'll mess you up, too.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think he is flirting with you, though when people get fixated (like you are right now) they tend to project a lot into their perception. Still though, it sounds like he's flirting.

I would caution against making any advances because it's unethical while he has a girlfriend. It won't just mess with his girlfriend; it'll mess you up, too.

Yes - that one. :yes:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It turns outh this man's initial interest in me was just to make another girl he had been sleeping with on and off jealous. Then when he realized I was an easy target, he zeroed in any toyed with me for awhile.
I wouuld suggest not playing games like this with feelers as we dont cope as well as thinkers do.

Thinkers like people who play games?

Thinkers can't be hurt?

If you are looking for fun/intellectual stimulation, you won't go far wrong with an ENTP man, if you are looking for anything else, keep looking, 'cos you can be fairly certain they will.

The ones I've known have been pathological liars, cheats and womanizers.
If you think about the function hierarchy, it's practically inevitable.

sculpting

Thinkers like people who play games?

Thinkers can't be hurt?

If you are looking for fun/intellectual stimulation, you won't go far wrong with an ENTP man, if you are looking for anything else, keep looking, 'cos you can be fairly certain they will.

The ones I've known have been pathological liars, cheats and womanizers.
If you think about the function hierarchy, it's practically inevitable.

Actually i dont buy this universally. I work with a herd of these little boogers. They all have the same playfulness but some are really great guys. I had the magic fun eye moment with one and it was quite the ackward moment, then I asked him to show me pictures of his wife and kids. Now I ask about them all the time and you can tell it makes him happy. He has the same awareness of possibilities as the rest of them but doesnt act like the dog that initiated this discussion. I can think of another five of them just off the top of my head and they do not all equate with total dogness.

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
home wrecker >=0

but yes. entp's can be quite charming :wubbie:
too bad most of them arent really interested
they just like to fuck with people because it tickles them

It turns outh this man's initial interest in me was just to make another girl he had been sleeping with on and off jealous. Then when he realized I was an easy target, he zeroed in any toyed with me for awhile. He did it again on a recent business trip where I saw him again.

I have been alone for a few years after ending a long relationship and I guess it was just appealing to hope that a man would be actually interested in me for how I look or something special about who I am. To think I would be interesting I guess.

we told you so

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, I totally flirt all the time - I flirt with everyone from little old ladies to the dude at the post office. I'm very rarely interested in anyone, but I'm sure everyone thinks I am. I think it must be like that for ENTP men, too.

I'm not a pathological liar or a cheater. "Man"izer - that's debatable, depends on how you view the relations between the sexes.

sculpting

home wrecker >=0

but yes. entp's can be quite charming :wubbie:
too bad most of them arent really interested
they just like to fuck with people because it tickles them

we told you so

Yes you did tell me ,although hairy chested-cross-belly button guy was the best at getting the message across. This entp is a dog. He is lucky I am a happy enfp. If I was an enfj I would be plotting grand schems to punish him for his dogness. Alas I have shiny things to look at at "grand cosmic whole"s to keep balanced. The mission must go on.

My entp girl best friend was telling me that you entps have quite the party, then one day stumble into love on accident and are like "what the fuck just happened?" You don't go searcing for it at all. Watch out.

I have renounced men.

Qre:us

Yes you did tell me ,although hairy chested-cross-belly button guy was the best at getting the message across.

Y'er welcome! Btw, I'm saddened my speedo didn't make the description.

I have renounced men.

Me too!! But, just not their penis.

(penii? penises?)

Yeah, I totally flirt all the time - I flirt with everyone from little old ladies to the dude at the post office. I'm very rarely interested in anyone, but I'm sure everyone thinks I am. I think it must be like that for ENTP men, too.

Yup! Although, I don't call it flirting. I just like to engage another. How fast can I get a custom-made smile from another? Be it old ladies, young kiddies, dudes, even animals! All the dogs around the apartment know me cuz I usually take a smoke break when they come to play in our park, and I engage in silliness with them. And, then, they fight over each other to see who'd get my attention first. Inspiring jealousy within dogs. Yea yea!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes you did tell me ,although hairy chested-cross-belly button guy was the best at getting the message across. This entp is a dog. He is lucky I am a happy enfp. If I was an enfj I would be plotting grand schems to punish him for his dogness. Alas I have shiny things to look at at "grand cosmic whole"s to keep balanced. The mission must go on.

My entp girl best friend was telling me that you entps have quite the party, then one day stumble into love on accident and are like "what the fuck just happened?" You don't go searcing for it at all. Watch out.

I have renounced men.

Yes, this is true.

stormyapril

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hello Happy Puppy!

Finally found my login and a good case of insomnia!!!

I am not much for soap operas, but this discussion is so much fun.

After reading a bit, we M or F entps are dogs. Some of us are just well socialized as puppies. There has got to be an easy way to id the well behaved ones?

On a related note, I have learned I also have no issue with not having any loyalty whatsoever to any group I am associated/leading. I am sure it breaks every model of leadership ever written, but as usual laws, social or otherwise never seem to "fit" in our grand schemes.

Thanks for putting up with us every day.

sculpting

Hello Happy Puppy!

Finally found my login and a good case of insomnia!!!

I am not much for soap operas, but this discussion is so much fun.

After reading a bit, we M or F entps are dogs. Some of us are just well socialized as puppies. There has got to be an easy way to id the well behaved ones?

On a related note, I have learned I also have no issue with not having any loyalty whatsoever to any group I am associated/leading. I am sure it breaks every model of leadership ever written, but as usual laws, social or otherwise never seem to "fit" in our grand schemes.

Thanks for putting up with us every day.

WTF chunky princess,

No sleep??? look almost up to 100 posts!! does this make me an addict?

socialization is a valid point. I'd assume it comes easier on the ladies that dog boys. Loyalty? you do not have strong feelings of love an devotion towards the group you are working with? You mean you would leave if offered a job w some other company? like a small, relaxed entp filled company of awesome old timers? like the one I think i may get offered?