• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Hey Again Fellow INTJs ..... Another Question For You about Emotions!!!!!

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wait, so tell me if this is a plausible guess here (I am not saying this is true, this is mostly rhetorical):

INTJMom used her tertiary Fi in order to discern between fake and genuine behavior. Through her Fi, she experienced a "gut feeling" and concluded that I was being fake. Then using auxiliary extroverted thinking, she materialized her affect and challenged my sincerity, making the decision to leave this thread?

Or......
She used her primary Ni and then made her conclusion using secondary Te. Then based off of her conclusion, decided that she did not like me through tertiary Fi, and left the thread?

DM, do either or both of these make sense?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Actually I think she was joking about leaving the thread if you're referring to the *closes up* comment hehe

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Actually I think she was joking about leaving the thread if you're referring to the *closes up* comment hehe

Oh well. Either way, I feel like the magnitude of this discussion has been diminished horribly by a perceived identity crisis discussion. I guess it's somewhat relevant, -- but still, I consider it previously addressed dross in a conversation that was progressing well. I don't understand the need to languish over glib doggerel.

Petite Etoile

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
i feel like a lot of people get T/F confused with having feelings or not. I am one of the most emotional people i know.. someone once told me that i cry if the moon is full. I probably cry at least once a week.. over everything and anything. I am especially good at being able to empathize with people, and i'm very aware of my emotions.. but in my opinion i'm still more T than F.

I'm still pretty new to the whole MBTI thing, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure T/F is simply the dimension of your personality which dictates how you make decisions. Although i am very emotive, i still tend to make decisions based primarily on logic rather than based on my values. and I'm sure it's just as possible for someone who is very logical to make more decisions based on their feelings.

I guess this is why i've been having a very hard time finding a type that best describes me.. it seems like there are a lot of stereotypes about each type, and i'm somewhat well rounded so i don't seem to completely fit any of the molds..

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
i feel like a lot of people get T/F confused with having feelings or not. I am one of the most emotional people i know.. someone once told me that i cry if the moon is full. I probably cry at least once a week.. over everything and anything. I am especially good at being able to empathize with people, and i'm very aware of my emotions.. but in my opinion i'm still more T than F.

I'm still pretty new to the whole MBTI thing, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure T/F is simply the dimension of your personality which dictates how you make decisions. Although i am very emotive, i still tend to make decisions based primarily on logic rather than based on my values. and I'm sure it's just as possible for someone who is very logical to make more decisions based on their feelings.

I guess this is why i've been having a very hard time finding a type that best describes me.. it seems like there are a lot of stereotypes about each type, and i'm somewhat well rounded so i don't seem to completely fit any of the molds..

Yes, I was under this impression as well.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So it seems that:
Fi - Moral value system.
Sucky Fi - inability to understand feelings.

Fe - Sense of empathy.
Sucky Fe - inability to express feelings.

Hypothesis: Feelings need to be expressed, or they will build up and express themselves, possibly violently, and likely not at a convenient time.

So both inferior Fi and inferior Fe are equally sucky. Fi because you can't express what you don't understand, and inferior Fe because you just plain can't express it.

Last edited:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Wait, so tell me if this is a plausible guess here (I am not saying this is true, this is mostly rhetorical):

INTJMom used her tertiary Fi in order to discern between fake and genuine behavior. Through her Fi, she experienced a "gut feeling" and concluded that I was being fake. Then using auxiliary extroverted thinking, she materialized her affect and challenged my sincerity, making the decision to leave this thread?

Or......
She used her primary Ni and then made her conclusion using secondary Te. Then based off of her conclusion, decided that she did not like me through tertiary Fi, and left the thread?

I "closed up" my spirit, sort of the way a clam closes up its shell and retreats inside.
I became too fearful to risk posting my thoughts and feelings in this thread.
Glad you could make a useful analysis out of my non-compliance anyway.

If you are not actually pretending to be someone you're not, I apologize.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
So it seems that:
Fi - Moral value system.
Sucky Fi - inability to understand feelings.

Fe - Sense of empathy.
Sucky Fe - inability to express feelings.

Hypothesis: Feelings need to be expressed, or they will build up and express themselves, possibly violently, and likely not at a convenient time.

So both inferior Fi and inferior Fe are equally sucky. Fi because you can't express what you don't understand, and inferior Fe because you just plain can't express it.

Lol, looks kind of grim from that perspective.:doh:

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I "closed up" my spirit, sort of the way a clam closes up its shell and retreats inside.
I became too fearful to risk posting my thoughts and feelings in this thread.
Glad you could make a useful analysis out of my non-compliance anyway.

If you are not actually pretending to be someone you're not, I apologize.

No I'm not pretending, and I accept your apology.
However there is one thing that you assumed about me:

That I like everything about my type. You never considered the possibility (ostensibly) that I didn't like certain aspects about my type. Ever since I could remember, I never liked everything about me. I was and am always on a constant mission to improve myself. This applies to every facet of life, not just MBTI.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I'm pretty sure T/F is simply the dimension of your personality which dictates how you make decisions. Although i am very emotive, i still tend to make decisions based primarily on logic rather than based on my values. and I'm sure it's just as possible for someone who is very logical to make more decisions based on their feelings.
I liked this statement about the whole T / F thing very much. This sums it up quite good I'd say. :yes:

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ

Or......

Heh a personal functions based question just for me? Wee.

But seriously I'm not that much of a expert.

If I were to answer your question I would say:
You can't analyze her without her input.

Could be:
1) Ni to Te
2) Ni to Fi
3) Just Te (if something is obviously out of "order")

So you can't really know how anyone reached a conclusion until you ask them,
It's like a math problem, everyone gets the answer but you can't see how they got the answer until you see their work.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
Heh a personal functions based question just for me? Wee.

But seriously I'm not that much of a expert.

If I were to answer your question I would say:
You can't analyze her without her input.

Could be:
1) Ni to Te
2) Ni to Fi
3) Just Te (if something is obviously out of "order")

So you can't really know how anyone reached a conclusion until you ask them,
It's like a math problem, everyone gets the answer but you can't see how they got the answer until you see their work.

Gotcha.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Do you any of you INTJs feel similarly at times? If so, how do you cope?

It's happened to me only once. I figured out I was in love with someone I broke up with, 3 months after the breakup. Yes. I'm dense and don't often recognize my feelings.

Fi is very much under the surface. Not seen by others.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's happened to me only once. I figured out I was in love with someone I broke up with, 3 months after the breakup. Yes. I'm dense and don't often recognize my feelings.

Fi is very much under the surface. Not seen by others.

Sorry. =(

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
gosh there are so many INTJ's on this site. crazy. i don't understand you people.... : )

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
I probably have at least 3-5 good cries a year. Most are alone. One or two are with close friends I feel safe with. Though occasionally I will cry in a church small group setting (close/safe with about 1/3 of the people) but trust the honesty will have a positive effect for the group as a whole.

I experience great catharsis from my deep cries.

I think my Fi is very well developed and consider it a faithful companion to my Ni.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
After listening to all this, I have so far reaffirmed a previous thought. It is somewhat obvious, but more geared towards the NTs who renounce feelings odiously or just eschew it for whatever reason:

Feelings are good. They help us understand the world in a different light. It is what makes us unique, and what allows us to develop bonds. They help us intellectually and spiritually. Perhaps this is a call to some of us to stop thinking so damn much (or at least categorically relying on it).

AntiSocial One:
I notice that at times you seem nonplussed by emotions, or others' confusion at "cold behavior." Now I'm definitely not telling you to be somewhat you are not, but perhaps it is time to elevate your interest in such topics to actual experimentation (Who knows, something very valuable can precipitate out it)? That is, unless you have not already done so.

matroosje

MBTI Type
INFP
Greetings to all NT’s. I find this thread very interesting as I have a lot of INTJ friends.

I always thought that T’s and F’s both could have strong feelings, but they have different feelings, and that their feelings are triggered by different circumstances.

F’s react strongly if people or values are involved. T’s react strongly when logic or idea’s they adhere to are questioned. The easiest way to get T’s all emotional is to start reasoning in an non-logical emotional way. I now T’s (INTP’s) who then go into a but-that’s-not-logical!-how-can-you-even-think-that rant. I once invited some friends to listen to a therapeutic session (taped) about a father and his addicted daughter, very emotional. One INTJ got all beserk ‘How can you even listen to this!’ and stormed out of the room, while we Nf’s were looking at each other ‘What’s his problem? This is just interesting. Listen to all the emotional fine-tuning that is happening.’ The INTJ had the strongest emotional reaction of us all.

But what I want to ask is this: INTJ’s that I know have a very strong feeling that I rarely have. The feeling of certainty. Certainty is an emotional state of the brain attached to an idea, just like anger or fear. Now certainty is a feeling I almost never have. I’m almost never certain about anything (actually I’m not even certain about that.) It often happens that INTJ’s I know are are so certain about their idea's that when I argue with them, they end up telling me not only what's wrong with my idea's, but what’s wrong with me.

So what do you INTJ’s think? Enlighten me.