• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] I've discovered a new sport...

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
A co-worker stops by my office when I'm really busy and don't have time to talk, just wanting to chit-chat or loiter around doing nothing. I've found it extremely amusing lately to catch them as they're about to leave and tell stories, ask questions and essentially not let them leave. Every time they turn to go I continue on like the conversation isn't done.

Its reverse phsychology at its greatest I think. The ones caught in my trap don't usually come by my office for a while after that...

:headphne:

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Heh heh, well done. I have to say that I would be too lazy to make the effort, and would get them away with a terse "I'm very busy, can we talk later?" (while my body language is saying no, NO, I do NOT want to talk to you, ever). Is that an E vs I thing? Or is it me just being a bitch?

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I would probably sit there and listen to you the entire time lol. A very twisted game to play with an ENFJ :p

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
Haha thats a good one! I know a girl who does the same thing. Now the guys at her job don't sweat her anymore because they avoid her over talkative ways. A lot of guys really do hate that. you're evil :devil:

Unique

I would probably sit there and listen to you the entire time lol. A very twisted game to play with an ENFJ :p

well thats interesting, I'd do the exact opposite and make some smooth excuse as to why I need to leave that instant :devil:

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'd probably just sit down and start giving my opinion on the subjects your telling.

Hell, I have time to waste and I would probably end up enjoying it. I rarely if ever have anything at all planned like 3-4 hours up to the end of my shift.

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
calvinball.jpg

Nice!

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Did you ever tell your coworker, "Hey, can I get back to you later? I've got a lot of work to do. :)" instead of going the passive aggressive route? I'd let them talk for a few minutes and then interject that before the conversation goes on too long.

People come to my desk all the time and I just tell them that in a friendly tone and they say no problem and disappear. I know most jobs have peaks and valleys and certainly your coworkers can understand that. I guess I'd think to myself that if someone comes over to chit chat with me frequently and I've not had negative interactions with them they must like talking to me or something. Some people just rove around the office when they feel restless, it may not be anything they're doing to purposely aggravate you or keep you from doing your work. Just be up front with them.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Did you ever tell your coworker, "Hey, can I get back to you later? I've got a lot of work to do. :)" instead of going the passive aggressive route? I'd let them talk for a few minutes and then interject that before the conversation goes on too long.

People come to my desk all the time and I just tell them that in a friendly tone and they say no problem and disappear. I know most jobs have peaks and valleys and certainly your coworkers can understand that. I guess I'd think to myself that if someone comes over to chit chat with me frequently and I've not had negative interactions with them they must like talking to me or something. Some people just rove around the office when they feel restless, it may not be anything they're doing to purposely aggravate you or keep you from doing your work. Just be up front with them.

This would work on normal people, but the two that I've pulled it on are notorious for keeping everyone from doing their work. They simply don't know when to leave. I've just decided to amuse myself while they're roaming now is all.

:devil:

Plus, I figure I'm doing the rest of the office a favor by occupying them at length...