• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and shaved heads...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was looking at the pictures section, and I've noticed that a lot of the INTJ males who posted their pics of themselves have short haircuts (including myself). I know Socionics.com made mention of this, but I was wondering if there is any reason behind it. Have other people noticed this?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was looking at the pictures section, and I've noticed that a lot of the INTJ males who posted their pics of themselves have short haircuts (including myself). I know Socionics.com made mention of this, but I was wondering if there is any reason behind it. Have other people noticed this?
convenience? minimal maintenance?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tis why I do it, too. I suppose it's an IxTJ trait, since they tend to be more interested in practicality. Although, I would expect an ISTJ to be more concerned about how they come across to others.

And then, of course, there's Britney Spears, an ISFP?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ

DUM E. :yes:

Hubby, ISTJ, does it so he'll appear unapproachable and mean looking as well as because it's just so much easier and more convenient. He deals with the public (or as he puts it "the unwashed masses) and he hates the public.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I keep my hair short for practicality. Easier to clean, less work to fix, and remains fairly nice all day.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with Natruska that she would have to be an E. There are certainly some introverts in Hollywood, but few would survive it imo. The little performing I do is about all I can take. It's an extreme invasion to be stared at on stage and then answering dozens of questions, everyone wanting a little piece of you afterwards. High profile performing would be quite an overload even for the extreme extroverts i would think. It would be kinda like the opposite of solitary confinement - pushing the boundaries of the human psyche.

My brother-in-law in an INTJ and he keeps his hair very short as well.

Langrenus

heh, my first thought was to slam this thread for making another TBSG TM, but then realised that I've just had a haircut and asked the guy to cut it as short as possible "because it's annoying to have to deal with it". Perhaps there is something in the idea...

Of course, that anecdote hardly proves the rule. Also, since IxTJ's actually make up a very small proportion of the population, and shaved/short hair on men is actually quite a common trait (at least over here), I think we can extend the pool slightly.

Age is also a consideration I would have thought (unless balding men are trying to do a Bobby Charlton they generally admit defeat and have it cut short)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, my ISTJ friend keeps his hair short too. "Unwashed masses" my friend would love that phrase; he's not too keen on dealing with the public either.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with Natruska that she would have to be an E. There are certainly some introverts in Hollywood, but few would survive it imo. The little performing I do is about all I can take. It's an extreme invasion to be stared at on stage and then answering dozens of questions, everyone wanting a little piece of you afterwards. High profile performing would be quite an overload even for the extreme extroverts i would think. It would be kinda like the opposite of solitary confinement - pushing the boundaries of the human psyche.

Well, you know, it's just really hard to type celebrities anyway. What they are like on stage is not really a clear indication of who they are in real life. Although stars who don't like dealing with the press are probably Introverts.

Anyhoo...carry on...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Personally, I would never shave my head. I sort of like having hair. I don't even like getting haircuts, honestly. (Although I do cut it after it reaches a certain length.) I can't really understand anyone who would shave their head.

Langrenus

Personally, I would never shave my head. I sort of like having hair. I don't even like getting haircuts, honestly. (Although I do cut it after it reaches a certain length.) I can't really understand anyone who would shave their head.

Do you dislike haircuts because of the loss of hair, or because you're forced to sit in a room staring at a mirror with an idiot talking nonsense at you for a quarter of an hour?

Out of interest :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do you dislike haircuts because of the loss of hair, or because you're forced to sit in a room staring at a mirror with an idiot talking nonsense at you for a quarter of an hour?

Out of interest :)

I think it's more because I'm scared they'll make a mistake, and then I'd look awful. I sort of value my hair, and the idea of risking messing it up by letting someone at it with scissors worries me a little.

MBTI Type
ENTP

My brother-in-law in an INTJ and he keeps his hair very short as well.

I don't think introverts are that uncommon among actors and musicians. They're just more famous for their performances than their antics. After performing they go to their secluded homes in Wyoming and try to keep as far away from reporters as possible, ala Harrison Ford.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm an INTJ and I've pretty much always had short hair except for one ill-advised year at college when I sported a (Lord forgive me) ponytail. It's not my fault, it was 1992.

Every now and then I get the urge to shave my head completely as part of some kind of personal statement about a spartan lifestyle or a rededication to a more productive work ethic. However, I've never done it and probably won't. That said, I would like to maybe try something a little shaggier, but longer hair looks terrible and sloppy on fat guys, so I'm keeping it short.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I keep my hair pretty short for the sake of convenience. Also I hate using styling products; the idea of every bead of sweat dribbling liquefied mousse down my face gets me feeling all Howard Hughesy.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I keep my hair pretty short for the sake of convenience. Also I hate using styling products; the idea of every bead of sweat dribbling liquefied mousse down my face gets me feeling all Howard Hughesy.

Come in with the milk, come in with the milk!

Repeat it from the beginning. Repeat it from the beginning.

Quarantine. Q. U. A. R. A. N. T. I. N. E. Quarantine.

Rohsiph

MBTI Type
lego
One here to defy the norm--I generally keep my hair a bit long, at least for men. I don't like it reaching any further than shoulder length, but occasionally let it grow so that, combing it straight down, it would be at the bottom of my nose in front, about an inch below either ear on the sides, and just about at my shoulders in back.

My hair, when longer, has a natural subdued-waviness to it that doesn't happen unless it's long enough. I especially like the look of my hair after being out on a very windy day when it's a little shorter than described above.

That said, I never spend much time on my hair . . . I'll comb it maybe every other day, and make a point of showering every morning, but I never use specialized "hair products" beyond shampoo.

As a child I had very short hair. :unsure:

egrabow_NTC

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Overgrown and proud of it

At some point in college, I got really lax on haircare. I get it cut pretty short, then just let it get overgrown (4-5 months) before another haircut.

Honestly, I think I like my hair "overgrown" better... but those are the times I have to battle bedhead and a cowlick I have (breaks out the gel and comb). After a cut, I hate how it looks but everyone else loves the look and I never have to do anything in the morning! Maintenance-Free

Short Hair = Dries quick, no maintenance, other people like it.
Medium Hair = I like it (the INTJ has spoken *slams gavel*)
I'd never shave it all off, that's crazy talk. :huh: