• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and shaved heads...

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I have cut my own hair with a pair of clippers, often in a crew-cut, since 1998 -- the tool is cost-effective and, with a few different attachments, capable of some semblance of fashion.

Usehername

On a mission
well, I'm an INTJ and I don't have a shaved head.

I have long hair. It's easiest to manage for a girl when it's past your shoulders.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well, I'm an INTJ and I don't have a shaved head.

I have long hair. It's easiest to manage for a girl when it's past your shoulders.

Ellen Ripley was an INTJ, and I believe she had a shaved head in Alien 3!

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My boyfriend is an INTJ, and he keeps VERY short hair, and starts talking about a haircut when it gets to about a half a centimeter long (exaggeration)

I guess he just finds it more practical.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I know an INTJ girl (E5) who shaved her head. I'm pretty sure she's not a lesbian either.

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
Aren't you cute. And no, I am not going to go check to see what I really typed.

:cool:

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
I was looking at the pictures section, and I've noticed that a lot of the INTJ males who posted their pics of themselves have short haircuts (including myself). I know Socionics.com made mention of this, but I was wondering if there is any reason behind it. Have other people noticed this?

I don't think all INTJ's are the same though.

If you are an I because you are "shy" then that’s one thing, but if you're an I because you are hardwired that way, maybe "socially excluded" or just "have no understanding of third party perspectives" then these are all different flavors of I.

Having short hair and potentially look like a criminal might be functional but not necessarily attractive to the opposite sex. eg if you are shy and want to be socially "inclusive" then you will define your hair in the manner to achieve what you desire. However, if socially "exclusive" is less important than functionality then you will shave your head.

Admittedly, I get my hair cut down to the width of the hair stylist’s finger and then wait till it gets so long it begins to look a bit "unprofessional". It’s not about cost, functionality... it’s about hating hair cuts.

The only definite thing about an INTJ's hair, is that there's a purpose for the way it is, an underlying logic.

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
At some point in college, I got really lax on haircare. I get it cut pretty short, then just let it get overgrown (4-5 months) before another haircut.

Honestly, I think I like my hair "overgrown" better... but those are the times I have to battle bedhead and a cowlick I have (breaks out the gel and comb). After a cut, I hate how it looks but everyone else loves the look and I never have to do anything in the morning! Maintenance-Free

Short Hair = Dries quick, no maintenance, other people like it.
Medium Hair = I like it (the INTJ has spoken *slams gavel*)
I'd never shave it all off, that's crazy talk. :huh:
I also like mine in the middle, or even longer, but fixing my hair to maintain longer hair is not worth it. Besides, for some reason people like my shorter hair.

I have cut my own hair with a pair of clippers, often in a crew-cut, since 1998 -- the tool is cost-effective and, with a few different attachments, capable of some semblance of fashion.
The logic and frugality of this appeals to me, but thanks to having had nothing but bad haircuts done by my mother until I was old enough to afford to pay for haircuts myself, I have an aversion to any/all home hair cutting, even if it's practical.

Admittedly, I get my hair cut down to the width of the hair stylist’s finger and then wait till it gets so long it begins to look a bit "unprofessional". It’s not about cost, functionality... it’s about hating hair cuts.
This is my process and logic, too. I wear it short because it's practical, but dislike haircuts and don't have a schedule for getting them, so I usually only get it cut when it becomes sufficiently-long and unkept-looking that I start becoming self-conscious about it...

I also have mine cut to that length.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Me, I'm an INTP and I have my hair short. It's always cut to number 2. I know this cause I do it myself when I can be arsed. I guess you could say then that sometimes it's not so short :)

My INTJ mate however has his hair quite short but very much "hairdresser"ish. Complete with blonde highlights no less!!!

NTs generally can't be arsed but it just goes to show that some see the efficiency in being "with it".

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
hmm, I'm recently dwelled into ENTJ domain and shawed my head. Actually the other way around. I though deeply (not superficially) that a shaved head shows disregard for contemporary aesthetic values and it looked damned cool, just look at actors Patrick Stewart and Bruce Willis.

Veneti

MBTI Type
XNTX
hmm, I'm recently dwelled into ENTJ domain and shawed my head. Actually the other way around. I though deeply (not superficially) that a shaved head shows disregard for contemporary aesthetic values and it looked damned cool, just look at actors Patrick Stewart and Bruce Willis.

That makes me think of a friend of mine, he is still best friends with an ex g/f of his... she suggested that he shave his head, he was quite happy that she liked it so much.

Me, I just thought it seriously hindered his ability to score. I think she had an ulterior motive.

Such are the INTJ theories... :D

Ms. M

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a female INTJ, and as such haven't given much thought to shaving my head. However, my hairstyle is very simple. Straight, wash-and-brush, hope that the part is straight or up in a ponytail...and out the door.