• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] xntj vs xntp

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
just curious... in an argument who would be most likely to win? xntj or xntp? and what would be the most likely reason?

i was just wondering because my friend and i are in a debate right now but it seems like its never ending.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
They'll both win in their own mind. :D

That's mostly an INTP trait I'm guessing. I really don't care for proving my point to other people. If a debate became boring or irrational I would become uninterested and back off - would that make the other side win with a stupid argument ? Probably.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
NTP: Most likely to win.
NTJ: Most likely to think they won.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
It's actually not xntp Vs xntj.

ENTP: They'd want to win no matter what.
INTJ: They want to win because they 'know' they're right.
INTP: They know they're right, so they already won regardless of the debate.
ENTJ: I don't know...They would probably lose the debate.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
ENTP: They would "win", but only because no one understand what they're saying.
INTP: Truth-seeking foremost, therefore they win, even if they lose.
INTJ: Would lose, even if they don't realize it.
ENTJ: They would lose, but convince you that they won.

Richard0612

MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP: Would win by confusing their opponents by spouting scientific technobabble at an alarming rate (albeit truthful technobabble)
INTJ: Would win by pulling the logic of their opponent's arguments apart one premise at a time until they give up

(not sure about the other two...)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENTP: Great at improvised arguments, will definitely win if the other side hasn't planned everything out in advance. They know they are winners, and everyone else does too. Since it is rare that anyone ever plans things out down tot he last detail, I assume these guys are pretty much killers when it comes to arguments.

INTP: Epic fail, if God for bid, they are not irrefutably right about something. They will, however, think that they have won in 99 out of a 100 situations.

INTJ: They often win if they care enough about something (=has lots of knowledge about it). Never, ever debate science things with these guys. Ever. I mean, just don't! :( Just nod quietly and let them do their thing.

ENTJ: Will win if they have things planned out. They know they have won and when they have lost, and everyone else does too. We usually mean business, though, so mouthing off for too long can be punished with physical force. Not because we dislike talking, but we're realists. If we can't convince someone verbally, we know it, and then we shut them down physically. Much like rabid dogs are dealt with.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
ENTP: They would "win", but only because no one understand what they're saying.
INTP: Truth-seeking foremost, therefore they win, even if they lose.
INTJ: Would lose, even if they don't realize it.
ENTJ: They would lose, but convince you that they won.

Pretty much.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
In that case, where should start from?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since the MBTI can't even be considered science, nobody would be able to present evidence for anything. Not even that they in fact are the type the represent. ;)

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Everybody is stupid except me, therefore I am right all the rest of you jive turkeys are dead wrong.

So that's the end of that -- unless some of you want to start talking about what you are wearing, I am declaring victory and moving on.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Since the MBTI can't even be considered science, nobody would be able to present evidence for anything. Not even that they in fact are the type the represent. ;)

Provide evidence proving that nobody will be able to provide evidence to prove that one type or another will be more likely to win a debate.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Costrin, that's a paradox. :D