• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs play Starcraft/RTS FTW? (gg in advance)

redsox44344

MBTI Type
ENTP
Some of my favorites were Rise of Nations, Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, but Age of Empires was probably my favorite.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Who coincidentally (or perhaps not), happens to use Defilers.

Not biased at all here.

Defilers are exceptional against Terran, but still useful in the other two matchups.

Dark Swarm affects every Terran unit except for the Firebat, and the splash damage from Siege Tanks. Firebats are easily massacred by the time you have Defilers, and Siege Tanks damage is still significantly reduced, and can be nullified nearly completely by burrowing (damage is reduced to 1). Protoss have a significant amount of ranged also, although things like storm and reavers nullify this somewhat. Zerg, if it gets to this level, have quite a bit of Mutalisks, Lurkers and Hydralisks.

Plague is great for weakening groups of enemies, or for destroying Terran buildings in the absence of repairs, useful against everything from massed Science Vessels, to Dragoons to stacked Mutalisks. Combine this with the ability to instantly refill energy by consuming readily available Zerglings, and you have a winning combination.

Ghosts, on the other hand, are much more situational. They're energy has to be carefully rationed between cloak and lockdown (which of course doesn't work on biological units, e.g. all of Zerg), and nukes are so hard to land against an observant opponent as to be nearly irrelevant.

</INTP lecture>

Are you a Zerg player?
I don't have time right now but tomorrow I will reply to this since I have plenty to say.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I play Starcraft on a regular basis. It's my favorite game, along with Portal.

Protoss is my best race, though I can put up a fairly good fight with Terran and Zerg.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I used to play Warcraft III, Battle for Middle Earth I and II, and FF Tactics. I still play Tactics, but not any of the others. I like the turn-based ones best.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've played some Warcraft II/III, and Age of Empires. Though I'm on a bit of an RPG kick currently. :huh:

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Age of Empires II has the best combo of playability and "features" IMO. some of the newer games have gotten so feature loaded that you can't finish a game in under 24 hours.... Age of Empire II games can be REAL quick with the right strategies...

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Age of Empires was my first game on PC. I really enjoyed it for the most part.

But I never have played Age of Empires 2. Doesn't it have the same engine as Ages 1? What makes it better than the first? What was added?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Being born from Korea and all, starcraft was inevitable part of my life.
i think back in g8-11, i used to play hardcore.
i played zerg, but later moved on to terran, for some reason though i had bit of trouble with protoss during the lategames.

i don't think its RTS particular. Prior to stacraft i played Diablo 2 like mad, and after warcraft 3, i played counterstrike like crazy. Depending on your level of determination they all require some degree of thinking. Some rpgs more than some rts.

well i don't really play anything now though.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yes. I admit up front my bias, nevertheless, I look forward to it!

There is great truth in what you say. i don't think its much of a bias at all.

Fact is in late game, there will be huge cluster of zerg vs terran units. But usually the fighting location won't be big enough for huge percentage of zerg units to attack at the sametime. Opposed to terran units, which can cluster closely.

this becomes especially a problem in choke point areas/cliffs, where tanks and vessels at this point has increased in numbers greatly, lowering the effectiveness of lurkers to considerable degree.

Dark swarm allows break through of chokepoints, and is able to counter against terran's greatest strength. Terrain advantage.
AND
by allowing that first wave to stand a bit longer, it allows zerg units to pile up. And we all know what happens when zerg units starts stacking.

While good plague shot can render medic useless after a long fight, and prevent terran bio units from recovery.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Fact is in late game, there will be huge cluster of zerg vs terran units. But usually the fighting location won't be big enough for huge percentage of zerg units to attack at the sametime. Opposed to terran units, which can cluster closely.

To me, most of the competitive late game zerg vs human come down to science vessels. Zerg has no real defense against a late game (assuming not resource starved) human, except to plow through. A combination of late game mobs can do it (Ultras/Defilers, notably), but it's rare that humans will give them the time to build up - tanks will start creeping forward, covered with science vessels... if human switches def to off at the right times, zerg expansions are more or less impossible and are quickly eliminated. You can almost see the entire game shift around a single science vessel.

/me had fun watching the SC games in Korea. I should of been born there :D

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'll never understand why the zerg unit strength, radar, AND dropship are all the same organism effectively.

I love the sound that it makes when you click on it though

BLEEAAARRRRGGHHH!

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
WE REQUIRE MORE VESPENE GAS
WE MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

additional_pylons.jpg

11146203885.jpg

1175722822921ll3.jpg

noah-additional-pylons.jpg

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I'll never understand why the zerg unit strength, radar, AND dropship are all the same organism effectively.

I love the sound that it makes when you click on it though

BLEEAAARRRRGGHHH!

Technically everything zerg is the same organism. Just mutated in various ways.