• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Im going to ENTP the hell out of you.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nickels

Ok if you get the moon has impact (albeit not messurable - means that science can't always be right). Science is limited to the ruler they own.

Hormones couldn't be seen by normal microscopes therfore they didn't exsist

Kids who were deaf and mute = were just stupid in 1920

Cellualar structure and DNA = was bogus because SCIENCE couldn't see it....

Science is totally limited by how good the ruler is....

I think you've heard enough, and actually I have to say you've stopped with the adolecent "because I say so" crappy argument. You've considered and parked - which is fine.

Shame becasue even if you do think it's all hugie it can help thinking in an N type way (without the S type detail) and the next generation is properly different than the generation of the last 70-90 years.... They need/want something different out of mass culture (or should I say micro cultures).

Enough already......thank you for actually taking the time to actually hear whats being said. Shame it wont be of help but it was worth a shot at getting you to consider that there are clues in astrology that are pertinant to your objective. Not a problem if it's too "out there" for you... I never actually expected you to grasp the nettle, but you didn't do a bad job of actually thinking a bit more in a different space.

Enjoy your attempt at convincing the big cheeses

Lis

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is my horoscope btw.
Daily Overview: January 25, 2009
LEO
July 23-August 22

You're feeling rather proud of yourself, and with good reason -- you did well recently! You may want to take another look at the situation, though, because things could change in the near future.

Could this possibly be anything more than gypsy bull shit? Maybe, but probably not.
Look at this broad usage of the words here. This is amazingly vague and the fact that any reasonable person can actually sit and agree points for this system amazes me.

How can you have so much blind faith behind a system that is so obviously flawed?

LOL sorry missed replying to this bit. Horscopes are loosely based on real astrology - but they are designed for the mass market. The only way that this can be done is to normalise a chart for a day/week/year.

So say you were born at 20.15 wiht Sun in Leo - on your real astrology chart your actually a Virgo rising (ie for your exact time of birth. To be able to use horoscopes properly you need to look at how the houses stack up to your own personal chart. In the case of early Virgo you read Virgo Horoscope, in the case of Libra you read Libra, Leo scopes will be totally wrong. WAY too much detail to get into here to explain that fully.

OK how it's done. If you caste a chart for 0 degrees Aries and see what the planets are up to in a week this is how a horsocpe is written. Daily stuff are fluffy bollocks usually because astrology is pretty pants on a day to day basis. It can be really useful for week/months.

If the writter is a proper astrologer you will find you can compare the different signs between papers and they are all taking about the same events (with different turns of phrase). Unfortunately many papers use writers that make stuff up rather than real astrologers who read and interpret the data.

If you can read your ascendant/domiant first house - then you can find they get a whole lot more accurate about EVENTS - which is all a horoscope can give you.

Planet activity gives you events, they are like the actors on the stage (signs like Leo are consumes the actors wear that colour the event). Aspects = the dialogue and inteerplay between planets. Houses = scenes....

So there is a lot more in it than you think.

Sorry this is getting very S type...

The purpose of my post in the first place was to say that if you look at kids in the younger genration - they are doing very different stuff, something not sceen for nearly 100 years....

ENOUGH already or I will drown you in detail.

Good luck

Lis

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
So I go to art school. Savannah college of art and Design to be more specific. At the end of every school year, my major(Broadcasting design and motion graphics BCST for short) holds a giant conference of all the top names in broadcasting. Comedy central, Turner Broadcasting, Digital kitchen, Dreamworks, ect. The big boys of the BCST world show up. It is a place for employers to look at and hire the top minds in my field. However this year they are doing something different.

2 Student speakers are getting a chance to talk for 15 min uninterrupted during the conference. There are roughly 100 students in my major all together. However I believe that not only am I one of the very very Few E's in the group, I would bet good money that I'm the ONLY ENTP in my field, at least among the Juniors and Seniors.

The majority of people applying for this spot will be INFJ, ISFP, INTP, INTJ, ISTP, and INFP. So other than having a HUGE advantage among these other would-be speakers, due to my natural love of speaking to large groups of people. However I must present my pitch to the head of my department tomorrow, and I've so far been rather P about the whole situation and well, done nothing. Now I can't let such a golden opportunity to pass me by, so not only do I need input, but any tips as to help convince my department chair that I should be one of the two he picks.

Oh hes INTP or INTJ, I can't tell. Equally The topic is something along the lines of " why my generation doesn't watch TV " and I'll basically be speaking to the people who make TV.

I'd honestly like to yell at them for making such terrible programs for the last 20 years. But NT input from others would be much appreciated.

"If you know your enemy but do not know yourself then your defense is not secure. If you know yourself but do not know your enemy then your offense is not secure. Only when you know yourself and know your enemy will your victory be certain."
(-more or less taken from The Art of War)

Do not underestimate the other candidates. You may think that introverts are poorly suited for this type of competition, but that would be an incorrect assumption. Rather they are going to have different strengths than you. You are going to need to counter their strengths while utilizing your own to an advantage they do not have.

For example introverts are going to spend a lot of time preparing. You need to counter this by spending a lot of time and effort preparing too. This is the weakness of the ENTP and you need to put in the effort to overcome it. Do a lot of research and use research facts to make your points. You can be certain that your competition will have their facts in order, so you need to do likewise while presenting them in a way that will make the judge(s) more receptive to you.

The research will also let you play up your strengths like the ability to generate ideas and excitement and to create a coherent vision. The research should inspire you, and you can use that inspiration to inspire others. In other words you can say why TV is losing viewership, and then provide clear answers to gain viewership. Be sure to create a vision that will be appealing to the judge(s). Make the vision exciting and throw in some jokes, and you will give a presentation that they won't forget.

Let me reiterate though that at no point should you underestimate your competition. An INFx could read the post I'm giving here and do exactly the same thing. Some of the INF's could give really amazing presentations, so you want to be sure you put in all the effort beforehand, so that you will do better than they. If you cut corners in preparation, then I doubt you will win.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
For example introverts are going to spend a lot of time preparing.

Maybe IJs, but IPs will likely spend just as much time not preparing as EPs. Of course, it may be better to assume the enemy is stronger than he is, than assume he is weaker (while preferably you know their exact strength). On the other hand, it isn't a direct competition, but an indirect one, and there isn't really a good reason to not be as prepared as possible.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
The pitch was suppose to be 5 min long. I talked to my head of chair for over an hour, he told me he had a few more people to talk to but, he was feeling good about me getting one of the spots, and to have something concrete and written by Monday. My classmates are so introverted I think the whole prospect of this job scares them.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MBTI uses Jung as a starting point and then pretty much develops its own systems from there.

It's a gross oversimplification to say that Jung was based on astrology, even if he liked it.

PLEASE explain, though, how as little information as someone's DOB can give you any insight into his personality whatsoever?

Why is MBTI taught in college psych courses and astrology not?

I wish you would stop coming back with another 6 paragraphs about astrology when you've done nothing to explain how DOB leads to specific information on personality. It's blatantly obvious that MBTI is different because it requests specific information from specific people and then simply groups it into behavioral tendencies. Astrology doesn't do that; it makes random guesses based on no information but DOB--which has never, ever been shown to have any substantial connection to behavioral trends in any way.

PLEASE ADDRESS THIS!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The pitch was suppose to be 5 min long. I talked to my head of chair for over an hour, he told me he had a few more people to talk to but, he was feeling good about me getting one of the spots, and to have something concrete and written by Monday. My classmates are so introverted I think the whole prospect of this job scares them.

It probably does, but don't you think that would make them work harder at trying to get it right? Being scared is not the same as being cowardly. Often the nervousness of something new can infuse presentations and work with a kind of energy that others find interesting and appealing.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Maybe IJs, but IPs will likely spend just as much time not preparing as EPs. Of course, it may be better to assume the enemy is stronger than he is, than assume he is weaker (while preferably you know their exact strength). On the other hand, it isn't a direct competition, but an indirect one, and there isn't really a good reason to not be as prepared as possible.

Heh there is some truth to this, but some of the hardest working people I know are IP's. It's just that they are really hard working on that one thing they are passionate about and don't do much about anything else.

D

Dali

I'll leave it to others to provide the 'NT input' you seek but would like to say one thing.

... However I believe that not only am I one of the very very Few E's in the group, I would bet good money that I'm the ONLY ENTP in my field, at least among the Juniors and Seniors.

The majority of people applying for this spot will be INFJ, ISFP, INTP, INTJ, ISTP, and INFP. So other than having a HUGE advantage among these other would-be speakers, due to my natural love of speaking to large groups of people.

In Uni, I (almost) always attained the top marks during presentations (in a class chock full of ETPs & other Es), came first place in a high-profile Image Consultancy workshop and was in the top 5% in marketing practicals whereby we had to woo complete strangers to sponsor our event.

Moral of the story: Don't underestimate the Is in your class. Give that P a kick in the rear and get cracking! :newwink:

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just think it's hilarious that this person is claiming to not be a troll. Hello! Coming onto a thread that has nothing to do with astrology so that you can randomly start talking about astrology...hmm, you don't think that people would get annoyed by that? And almost every single one of your posts have been either responding to other people's arguments or stating your own. Now, I don't believe in astrology, but far be in from me to put you down for believing in it yourself. Why don't you just go start a thread that is titled "Astrology: fact or fiction?" If you're not a troll, then I think you would be able to rationally realize that the majority of this thread is in no way related to astrology and that you're inciting arguments by going so INCREDIBLY off topic. If you're not a troll, you'll go continue YOUR topic of astrology in another thread and stop arguing about it on this one.