• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Where do you find NT women?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The university.
In the departments where you in general find the smallest number of women.

Math.
Physics.
Chemistry.
Linguistics.
Political science.
History.

They are not to be found among women.
They are to be found among men.
And there they are a pampered minority.

Good luck.
You need it.

Hey, now, just wait a damned minute here!!!!!!

I took ONLY language, political science, natural science, and history classes during my whole undergraduate experience, and I'm an ENFP!!!!!! :shock: And I participated like crazy (and not just with obnoxious shit!!!) and loved it!!! Was the only female chairperson (now that I think of it) in the College Republicans (yeah, everyone makes mistakes!) Was one of the few conservative females who was not a total neo-con....

Oh, yeah, and I was hardly found around anyone - though granted maybe around 7 guys and 2 women...mostly with a book, CD player, movie, or telephone (oh yeah and mostly guys on the telephone though just friends). Guys make great friends - most girls suck at it...

So let's put the generalizing sweep back in the rubbish bin, eh? Oh wait, that was a sweeping generalization haha :devil:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Before this thread gets clogged up by people letting their insecurities get the better of them, please note the thread did not ask "where do you find NT women AND NOBODY ELSE."

Thanks.

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
The NT woman probably: *Huge generalizations here*

- Is comfortable eating lunch by herself
- Is comfortable taking herself to a movie
- Would be the one under the hood of her car wearing dress clothes
- Has stacks of books in her house and has a favorite author
- Likes computers
- Plays guitar
- Doesn't wear dresses and frilly things very often, but when she does she rocks it and people wonder why they haven't noticed her before... and then goes back to her usual garm for another six months
I agree with the first two (and partially the book one), but I don't know crap about cars, computers, or guitars, and I like dresses and frilly stuff...

The problem with any NT (male or female) is that they don't seem to be (often) very proactive with finding someone. They kind of lurk on the sidelines, measuring people up and going about their business until someone catches their eye for whatever reason. Then they slowwwwly start working up to having a friendship with the person to find out if this person who caught their eye is a 'good match'. Their criteria for 'good match' is as individual as they are... but that one red flag that comes up may be enough to send them back to their corner with a 'Hrm. Thats too bad.' mentality.

Hehe, this actually reminds me of a poem thing I wrote a long time ago called Wild Heart. One portion of it goes like this, and probably sums up most NT relationship beginnings lol

"Just as the wolf embraced the fires of men and chose to stay,
The way they trusted life and limb in mutual exchange...
Your grip on me will only last as long as I allow.
Until you earn my trust, we speak in terms of here-and-now.
Let me come to you my dear, I promise that I will.
Just focus on your breathing and continue standing still.

Keep your voice from shouting, and although you feel as much...
Keep your arms from reaching out to steal a tiny touch.
A sudden move from you will send me scrambling away...
Just offer me your hand, until I know that I am safe.
Just focus on your breathing and continue standing still."
All this fits me perfectly....the poem is very insightful.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Before this thread gets clogged up by people letting their insecurities get the better of them, please note the thread did not ask "where do you find NT women AND NOBODY ELSE." Thanks.

:huh: You mean your university allows NON-NT women inside the door? :eek:

... what a novel idea.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The NT woman probably: *Huge generalizations here*

- Is comfortable eating lunch by herself Yep
- Is comfortable taking herself to a movie Yep
- Would be the one under the hood of her car wearing dress clothes Well, don't have a car, but I've gone for a walk in the forest with 11 cm high heels, does that count?
- Has stacks of books in her house and has a favorite author Hell yeah
- Likes computers Yep, since I was 3.
- Plays guitar Nope, but I play guitar on a rubber band, does that count?
- Doesn't wear dresses and frilly things very often, but when she does she rocks it and people wonder why they haven't noticed her before... and then goes back to her usual garm for another six months TOTALLY ME!!!!

The problem with any NT (male or female) is that they don't seem to be (often) very proactive with finding someone. Yep. They kind of lurk on the sidelines, measuring people up and going about their business until someone catches their eye for whatever reason. Yep. Then they slowwwwly start working up to having a friendship with the person to find out if this person who caught their eye is a 'good match'. Yep. Their criteria for 'good match' is as individual as they are... but that one red flag that comes up may be enough to send them back to their corner with a 'Hrm. Thats too bad.' mentality. Yep.

HOLY CRAP I'm an NT!!! *runs for her life* Nooooo it can't beeeeeeee!!!!!!

"Just as the wolf embraced the fires of men and chose to stay,
The way they trusted life and limb in mutual exchange...
Your grip on me will only last as long as I allow.
Until you earn my trust, we speak in terms of here-and-now.
Just focus on your breathing and continue standing still.

Keep your voice from shouting, and although you feel as much...
Keep your arms from reaching out to steal a tiny touch.
A sudden move from you will send me scrambling away...
Just offer me your hand, until I know that I am safe.
Just focus on your breathing and continue standing still."

Seriously, that's awesome, thanks for sharing...! :D

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

... what a novel idea.
:yes:
Not only that - They did not enforce the "only half a brain" rationing for non-NTs. I think they convened a meeting at which they decided they didn't want to be surrounded by half-wits if they were going to stoop to allowing non-NTs. So everyone was equipped to read properly and draw accurate distinctions and conclusions, as well as follow a thought without hissyfits and petty digressions.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

... what a novel idea.

Ferk a derk....! :newwink: Nah we just pretend so that we get in!!! MUAHAHAHHAAHHA! *rubs hands together*

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you're at school, look for the girl that's top (or near top) of the class.

If you're looking for one at work, look for the one who uses a PDA all the time to organise the crap out of their lives. She will also be the one that has her stationary labelled (perhaps even having a signing out book for stationary). Her desk will probably be empty of clutter. She'll indulge in the least gossip of any female member of staff.

Outside of work she may obfuscate amongst her friends - it could be tricky to find her. However, she'll likely be highly articulate and highly qualified so don't behave like an idiot when you're conversing with her.

EDIT: this is INTJ (based on experience of girlfriend (INTJ) and sister (INTJ)).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not only that - They did not enforce the "only half a brain" rationing for non-NTs. I think they convened a meeting at which they decided they didn't want to be surrounded by half-wits if they were going to stoop to allowing non-NTs. So everyone was equipped to read properly and draw accurate distinctions and conclusions, as well as follow a thought without hissyfits and petty digressions.

Oh.
My.
Gopher.

Imagine.
The world leaped ahead a few centuries in that moment in time.

LittleLinguist said:
Ferk a derk....! Nah we just pretend so that we get in!!! MUAHAHAHHAAHHA! *rubs hands together*

Hmmm. I see.
We'll have to start quizzing people with diffy Q's and high-level physics problems... and it's less a matter of excluding the people who don't get them right, it's more a matter of just letting in the ones who don't fall asleep while doing them (which would have revealed their Inner Disinterest). :D

You can't fake that, toots!

If you're looking for one at work, look for the one who uses a PDA all the time to organise the crap out of their lives. She will also be the one that has her stationary labelled (perhaps even having a signing out book for stationary). Her desk will probably be empty of clutter.

^^^^ Warning: That's an xNTJ indicator. Possibly.

P's like to play.
And collect.
And have options. ;)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*gasps* What if I really *am* an INTJ?! :D Nah, I'm just kidding! :blush:

It's just that I love you guys so much!!! :hug: And aspire to be like you! :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*gasps* What if I really *am* an INTJ?! :D Nah, I'm just kidding! :blush:

It's just that I love you guys so much!!! :hug: And aspire to be like you! :)

If you start calling me "sir," I'm going to start calling you a blockhead.

:devil:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Where not to find them: In an outfit attention whoring by pimping out "the girls" (unless it's Halloween or some other "let's look ridiculous" gig).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where not to find them: In an outfit attention whoring by pimping out "the girls" (unless it's Halloween or some other "let's look ridiculous" gig).

maybe that would be a more fun list.

other places:
- Baby shower, oogling over the nice pink baby toe warmers.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
maybe that would be a more fun list.

other places:
- Baby shower, oogling over the nice pink baby toe warmers.

In the center of a hysterical bawling circle.