• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are your best non-NT friends?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP girl, INFP guy, ISTJ guy, ISFJ girl.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An ESFP and...and...two ESTJ and an ESFJ.

All of the above taken in small doses. All my other really close friends are ENTJ or INTJ. I'd like a INTP buddy, please.

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd like a INTP buddy, please.
Same here. I've got a couple of friends who are INTPs, but they both moved a long way off (one to Iowa, the other to the Pac NW) so I rarely get to spend time with them anymore.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I am good friends with a female ESFJ, she is 22 and I am 36. She is waaaay more organized (perfectionist actually), than me. It rarely gets in the way of our relationship, but she is definitely the mover. I let her do her thing unless I really disagree and then... she remembers just how stubborn I can be. My other good friend, female 40, is ESTJ. I get along super with her but our energy levels are mismatched so we don't hang out as much as I'd like. She does not try to control me ever, no manipulation, but she is honest when she thinks I'm wrong. Thumbs up to that. My best friend, male 26, INTP, I never have to explain anything to him. Trouble is, that kind of communication is very addictive. We had a very intense friendship for a while, things have been a little weird lately. I REALLY miss him. I am a little heart sore over the whole thing. He needed to go find himself, I guess we all go through that. I hope I can find a blend of these lovely people to be my mate for keeps. :blush:

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By far an ISFJ

Pikazoid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really have any best friends, but I tend to be friends with FPs.

PH.

MBTI Type
INTP
IRL: ISTP, INFP and ISFP and... I know one INTP in real, but he is not my best friend. Just someone I can "have fun" (talk about nerdy stuff) with.

Online I connect a lot with INTP's.

Hera

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
ENFP, INFP, ESFJ (my sister, who I consider a friend too).

xisnotx

Permabanned
i'm not even sure I know any nts in real life. Except the professors...in fact I have a mini crush on my 40ish econ professor because she is so obviously intp that it hurts. (she even has the unkempt hair and dorky glasses...she's beautiful...but she's married..)

But my peers..estj...estp...enfp...estp...esfp...isfp...intp...
and for the girls (they aren't really friends, just people who i'll talk to and then curse later on in the day...)...esfp...enfp...infp...esfp...esfj...

the one other intp i know might be intj...but he seems too "not controlling" to be a j..we get along fine...but he is in his own world...and i'm in my own...plus neither of us likes talking about ourselves....and he's in physics...while i'm not...so we just exist in each others presence....

im only around him like once or twice a week. hold on, he might just be my best friend. who knew? lol

raminda

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
My current closest friends of the non-NT variety are, according to my guesses, an ISFP and an ENFJ. And not as close but still pretty close we have an ENFP and an INFP.

Last edited:

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
INFP girl, ISTP boy, ESTP girl, in that order.

I also know two ISFPs fairly well, they're absolute sweethearts.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Type is vampire cat:

rxxx5vmq.jpg

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFP (sister and best friend), ESFP, ISFP, ENFP, xSTP

Actually, I think I only have one NT friend. Most of my friends are Feelers.