• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are your best non-NT friends?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTJ - He's a douche, but we have fun.

ENFP - She's really unpredictable, especially with moods. Really fun to be around when she doesn't have a boyfriend though.

INTP - My closest friend. I can tell her anything and she's the only one who truly understands how I think.

INTP - Same as the other friend.

INTJ - Very distant friend, very shady friend. She keeps her life a mystery.

ISFP - We actually got in a really big fight recently, but we're over it. She's really fun and spontaneous, but she does have issues.

ISFJ - Very caring about her friends, a very good friend, but we're also very different (Opposite personalities)

ENFJ - Could be a T. A really good friend, but she's just everywhere and has so many friends, she's impossible to follow.

Yeah, I do have a lot of NT friends. Birds of a feather, I guess.

N

NPcomplete

Non-NT friends:
INFJ - we never say anything directly. It's through some metaphor. We used to have code-names for a lot of people. He sometimes gets very neurotic. :D
INFP - always fun and crazy. We can spend the whole day discussing random stuff and trying to mess with each other's brains.
ENFJ - very similar to INFJ but no code-names and no metaphors at all. I mean I put in my metaphors but she doesn't add to it. It's more about analysing characters with her.
ESFP - I've known this one for the longest time and yet, she always surprises me.
ISTJ - she's very very very serious. I enjoy messing with her.

I also have some NT friends - 2 ENTJs (both control freaks) and several INTXs (heh engineering..).

Within

Permabanned
Strangly enough I don't have any non-NT friends that I consider close, well it's not that strange... I value my INTJ and ENTP friends a great deal though. However I've got a ISFP inside the proximity of my closer acquaintance circle. I know for a fact that he's intelligent, for a sensor. But I don't trust him with anything.

One observation I've made is that SF people thrive in their subjectivity. And when they take something, they believe they were obligated to do so at the moment and have no excuse for doing it what so ever.

Therefor I could never become close with an SF or trust he/she completely.

Gabrielle

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
ENFJ.

I guess I can only deal with intuitive judgmental people.

Last edited:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
All of them are ENFPs.

Aside from the one ENFJ friend who I consider close. It's an odd, refreshing friendship to say the least.

Ignazio

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
One of my best friends is a really smart ISFJ. We get along great and it's probably because of how much tend to learn from one another. True, we are both judgmental douche bags, the important thing is that we're judgmental as a team.

From an outsider's perspective we are both horrible, horrible people.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, SPs of any variety are tasty-cool!

I really would love to meet more NTs, esp NTPs but it just doesn't tend to happen often, either I'm not running into them, not recognising their type, or disliking them, dunno *shrug* but SPs are everywhere. They're open, friendly, generally pretty non-judgemental, come-what-may types who are up for a laugh or drink or ready to shoot the shit. I love meeting new SPs irl!

ESTPs especially often rub quieter IxxJs up the wrong way, with their enthusiasm, chattiness, directness and childlike playfulness, they also expect that everyone else feels the same way that they do about the ESTP but when it comes to comparing fun levels I know which side of the party floor I'll be standing on! They're fun!

SinistralPal

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love INFP's for some reason. I just get along with them really really well. I like ESxx guys to uh *cough* do stuff with.

hilo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9 sx
other NTs, of course. Also xSTJ, and NFs (I've only met a few, I think all INFP, I always think they are INTP at first... :). I have a distinct allergy to ESFJ females.

I tend to like and get along with SP types but can't build lasting relationships well with them - we're both too lazy and flakey or something...

metasapiens

MBTI Type
N>JI
What's the point of having non-NT friends ? Anyway they shall disappear in the next thousand years. (either them or the biotope)

zoossii

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm.. seems like NFs are most common among the NT's non-NT friends (no surprise there), then SPs, and finally SJs.

Of the listed NFs, I've noticed a lot of INFPs and ENFPs. As for the sensors, there seem to be a lot of ESFP and ISTJ friends.

I think my own closest non-NT friends are: ISTJ, ISTP, INFP. I've also gotten along very well with an ENFP in the past -- so well, in fact, that we ended up dating... though that was probably an unnecessary development. Meh.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFP, xNFJ, ENTP.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One ESTJ, two ESTPs, a number of ESFPs (probly 3 or 4), an ISFP, ISTP and one INFP.

celesul

MBTI Type
ENTP
My very closest friend is an ENTP guy. He's really awesome, and I trust him completely, with absolutely everything. We are strangely similar, not only in type, but in how our past experiences impact how that is expressed (partly, we both have less than complete confidence in our social interactions). Our friendship also has a bit of a partner-in-crime feel. But yeah... I was telling one of my acquaintancy friends about missing him (he lives in a different state) and she said she had never had any friends that were so incredibly close.

Another close friend is crazy hard to type. He's thought he's an INTP, INTJ, INFP, INFJ, and more... I can ask what his current suspicion is right now. INFJ would make sense, but so would others perhaps. Not sure. He's very awesome ^.^

Also, an ENFP. He's a bit younger, so he can be immature, but he's cool.

A hilarious ENTJ. He's also younger and acts immature in a trying to be mature way. It's cute ^.^ I told him he reminds me of my younger sister and threatened to take him shoe shopping if he pissed me off (and put him in heels, naturally).

A super sweet INFP. The nicest person I've ever met, really deep, and also really quiet and spacey. He's amusing ^.^

My sister is probably an ESTJ. She's awesome, but we clash a bit. My mom is an ENFP and I adore her ^.^

I'm friends with an ISTP. I love them, they're hilarious. This one is super awesome ^.^ Her twin sister is perhaps an ENFP? She's awesomely nice and super bubbly.

I have another good friend, who is ENxP, and sadly lives kind of far away.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I have two friends I spend almost all my time with. One is an INFP and the other one is really difficult to type, but I think he is an ENFJ. I'm only really sure about the "E" and the "J" though. Then there's my roommate, who might be INTJ, but I'm not sure about him at all. I have another close female friend who is ESFP (But keeps insisting she's ENFP). I am also good friends with an ISTJ, ISTP, ISFJ, another ISFJ, an INTJ, and those are all my friends whose types I know off the top of my head.