• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's: Explain how you are different from ENFP please

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope, sure can't, but it's cute that you came to his defense (calling me immature in comparison to Jack Flak, no less, lawlz) when I claimed he was an asshole, which is clearly and obviously true. (If you don't believe me, take a poll...I dare you.) Why is it ok, and moreover encouraged, for him to be his asshole self and not for me? Shouldn't you like me just as well for doing the same thing?

Or...are you just pissed that someone attacked your friend and responding emotionally? I can understand the value in that, whether or not Jack can (it's called emotion, Jack, look it up.) If I were him, though, I would count myself lucky that anyone cared enough to come my defense at all.

I'd also have to wonder, of course, why you chose to defend by accusing my adversary of the very problem I have in spades (immaturity), but hey, I guess when you're that much of a gigantic turd sandwich, it's astounding that anyone is willing to stick up for you.

yeah...i'm cute like that. ;)

just sayin...doesn't matter if you don't dig his style but making silly assumptions about his personal life and attempting to belittle him because of it is pretty fucking immature.

and yeah he is my friend so yeah i'm going to say something and you don't have to love it either.

but the actual real situation is so pointless that it really ought to just be dropped...so you disagree with somebody's personality type...who the hell cares, right?

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
ENFP's hold values in a higher sense, they won't do something that they do not agree with.
And ENTP might do something that goes against all of his beliefs for the purpose of profit alone.
F's tend to be better at manipulating social interactions while T's tend to be better at manipulating ideas.

That's what I noticed when viewing friends.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
... And ENTP might do something that goes against all of his beliefs for the purpose of profit alone. ...

I absolutely would not do this. I'd only sell-out my beliefs for profit if that profit could be used in the service of beliefs I hold in higher priority. I would never sacrifice my integrity for money alone.

You might be misjudging your ENTP friends' intentions.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I absolutely would not do this. I'd only sell-out my beliefs for profit if that profit could be used in the service of beliefs I hold in higher priority. I would never sacrifice my integrity for money alone.

By profit I don't mean money.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
By profit I don't mean money.

Oops. My mistake.

I agree with you then. For personal advancement / glory / etc, I would sever the cord between myself and my beliefs fast enough to make Einstein say "Whoa." :happy:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
My gf is an ENFP and we hang out with similar crowds so I was able to observe how she interacts with same people that I do and compare. Although I'm extremely social she is able to bond much more rapidly and be able to call a person to hang out 3 times quicker than I do.

By bond do you mean she herself feels comfortable and attached or builds interest, that other people feel comfortable and want to get to know her better or feel that they know her, or both?

Yeah, 'social' has little to do with doing well with people...or rather 'extraversion' is not the same as socializing or making friends. Very social extraverted people who are "mean" or have low EQ for instance may just be bullies or office terrors, for instance.

I think that although people let my edgy humorous dickishness slide and even often enjoy it, it does put some off at subconscious level and an ENFP would not have that problem. ENFPs are just better at interpersonal organization and making people feel at ease (not as good as ENFJs but able to hold their own).

Hmmmmm, so y'oure one of those dickisn ENTPs? ENFPs are attracted to you?

LOL.

I bet you and your GF are a dynamic pair and do a social whirlwind at parties.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah whatever. Misread the message, that self righteousness of urs gave the whole thing a different meaning.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. He's so fact-focused that he doesn't realize how irrational it is to expect everyone else to act totally rationally (and not emotionally) all the time. He either doesn't notice or doesn't care that he's being a self-righteous prick, as long as he's RIGHT.

It's a very sad and pathetic way to live. I guess we can all hope he'll GROW UP ALREADY one day.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What the hell are you on, son?

You don't use "an" because "utilitarian" begins with the consonant variation of the "Y" sound. It's hard, not soft. Use "a."

Excuse me for knowing what I'm talking about, and sharing my knowledge with the world.

It's not your language proficiency he's responding negatively to, and you know that as well as I do. It's the fact that in presenting this knowledge, you're always such a fucking prick. You can pretend all you want that nothing but rational correctness matters in this world, but you'll only continue doing so at the price of your own happiness (and that of those around you.)

Keep it up, champ.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah...i'm cute like that. ;)

just sayin...doesn't matter if you don't dig his style but making silly assumptions about his personal life and attempting to belittle him because of it is pretty fucking immature.

and yeah he is my friend so yeah i'm going to say something and you don't have to love it either.

but the actual real situation is so pointless that it really ought to just be dropped...so you disagree with somebody's personality type...who the hell cares, right?

"This is a pointless argument and you're wasting my time" is one of my favorite arguments, because it comes up so often after one has already made a (failed) attempt at an argument and then needs to save face.

Noted.

And honestly, you don't have to make many big assumptions to determine that someone who's made 9200 posts in 6 months doesn't have a lot of time leftover for other things. This is a perfectly reasonable inference. It's called inductive reasoning, and it doesn't consist of blind or baseless assumptions.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've found that connecting the letters of the text together in your mind to form familiar words, then connecting the words to form phrases, then appreciating the context of the phrases...

...Does aid in understanding speech.

I find that studying MBTI and other such systems does aid in understanding the value of exercising functions which are not your dominant ones.

And I'm having an awfully difficult time understanding how someone with the level of knowledge about this topic that you have is still so blindly oblivious to such a simple fact.

Here's another simple fact: The world will not collapse or implode if you admit fault or phrase something in a more polite way once in a while (even if your fragile, abused psyche does.)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
don't flatter yourself babe. i'm not that involved.
just think it is a bit pointless going back and forth with someone like this...but you nt's like to argue...i just blow shit off...so carry on.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love you guys, really I do. There's no better way to conduct an argument than by repeatedly asserting how little the argument matters to you (for the 24th consecutive post.) Keep going, it's really convincing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love you guys, really I do. There's no better way to conduct an argument than by repeatedly asserting how little the argument matters to you (for the 24th consecutive post.) Keep going, it's really convincing.
i'm not arguing...i'm just responding. cuz i'm cool and polite like that. ;)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol and then pawn it off as politeness. NFs rock, and I don't even mean that in a sarcastic way.

Anyway, I just thought of something relating to the original post--

Jon Stewart, ENFP, and Stephen Colbert, ENTP...they seem to be a great example of the dichotomy. Stewart is more inclined to make silly jokes that have no personal insult attached...he's more just zany and off the wall, but knows how to tie it all together to balance amusing his audience with respecting and appreciating his guests.

Colbert is more of a dick, though his primary intention is not to hurt anyone--he just doesn't make much of an effort to avoid it. He's much more focused on plotting his next comeback, subtly mocking or insulting his guest or himself. The way he interviews guests is very telling...he's much more confrontational and makes a lot less effort (only as much as he has to) to make sure they're emotionally comfortable. He's quite simply more self-centered and more focused on getting a reaction from the audience than he is on maintaining social harmony and politeness between people, and that's most of what separates ENTP Colbert from ENFP Stewart.

Snowey1210

MBTI Type
ENTP
Originally Posted by simulatedworld

Originally Posted by erinavery
i'm not arguing...i'm just responding. cuz i'm cool and polite like that. ;)

That really shows the ENTP and the ENFP differences in a nutshell. On the one hand we have the ENTP analysing every point of the ENFPs discussion (argument) from an empirical perspective using facts, and rational hypotheses to retain the argumentative upper hand.

The ENFP on the other hand dismisses the argument because they don't essentially care what the ENTP rationally has to say but rather the intuitive feeling behind the words. For example, "Is this a personal attack? or are they merely wanting to vent?" The ENFP cares, not about the argument but instead how it makes themselves and the other person feel.

What both parties need to remember is that the world isn't about absolutes, and as such it is beneficial to attempt to see the world from another's perspective if just for a fleeting moment. The MBTI is all about achieving balance; find your starting point, and go from there otherwise you can end up arguing about petty issues that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, or responding too emotionally to certain matters.

I'm not saying that this is the case in this particular instance but to be perfectly honest some of the grilling that has taken place throughout this thread hasn't seemed to be beneficial (from a self-improvement type perspective) but rather polarising. You don't hold the ice cream man at gunpoint if he messes up your double fudge, you let simply let him know that way he may be willing to improve on it (your viewpoint might be completely subjective however so keep that in mind)! :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's true snowey and really funny.

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP

I would.
Hell, I'd do it HAPPILY.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so??? whataya think? did you play catch up? did you get enough entp/ enfp demonstration to see the difference?