• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs tend to ask definitive questions?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs--putting the I in NTJ.

Where an ENTJ would issue an order, the INTJ elicits cooperation. That's what I think it's like for me--the question is either a signpost on our way to mutual understanding under my glorious leadership, or it's a genuine request for information because we are working together on something. I like the second one better.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah I mean, I often have to spend a long time with an INTP (and a lot of mental effort as well!) to come to a resolution anyways. I put in the effort though, because I've discovered that annoyingly enough they're almost always right.

This is my experience with INTPs as well. It's as if they simply know. I think that often times they've already come to a conclusion while we're still busy weighing all the facts and considering all the possibilities. It's a river runs fast vs deep relationship.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Oh and on a light side-note: Did you just refer to 01011010 as a guy? She is not. :shock:

Sorry! My bad...the point is though, that no matter what gender, we're not robots!

I mean unless you're into robots, at which point BLEEP BLOOP

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I noticed something about conversations I have with my INTJ friend, that in my own personal experiences seem related to a characteristic I had with a previous INTJ friend. When we both make assertions at each other, we tend to end them with question marks, even if they aren't questions. An example being like "It's not my fault that you're wrong?" as a response to an initial question or something, in which the question mark serves no purpose except to soften the inevitable blow of the statement by making the punctuation open-ended.

This only happens when I talk with other INTJs! It's enough to make me wonder if anyone else has experienced this passive-aggressive kind of gig, esp. on the internet, where punctuation in english comes as a free and easy commodity. Has anyone else ever observed this, possibly in any other types or anything?

Great to be an INTJ eh?

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Sorry! My bad...the point is though, that no matter what gender, we're not robots!
Hah, yeah. I seriously wonder when people will stop thinking that we are freaking robots. We have pulses and we bleed (and nooo, there is no oil coming out of our veins).
Anyways.

I think I can agree to that INTP - INTJ thing. Seems the INTPs always beat me at the speed. But we think deeper, that's true.

Still, we are awesome for doing this questioning in the end of sentences. :devil:

MBTI Type
INxJ
Oh and on a light side-note: Did you just refer to 01011010 as a guy? She is not. :shock:

lol It's fine. I do use a male avatar on purpose.

That is a common misconception. To which I always reply, "most dominant thinkers do not meet Isaac Asimov's requirements." I consider him the authority... Bleep, Bloop... on this... Bleep, Bloop... matter.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Aw, I never thought you guys were robots. And even if you were robots, so what? Robots are awesome! You'd just be trading in one set of possibilities for another!

INTJs--putting the I in NTJ.

Where an ENTJ would issue an order, the INTJ elicits cooperation. That's what I think it's like for me--the question is either a signpost on our way to mutual understanding under my glorious leadership, or it's a genuine request for information because we are working together on something. I like the second one better.

Aw man, I live with an INTJ and an ENTJ. Unfortunately no one else in the house likes to do what the ENTJ is always ordering us to and it is usually up to Hendo and I to make a decision. I would be so lost here without an INTJ. I just lack whatever it is makes you able to make a decision.

I usually just come up with as many options as I can think of and I let Hendo pick one. It always turns out for the best!