• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs Coping With a Non-NT World

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My best skill for coping with such a world: pick up a Feeler with your dominant as their secondary (I loooovvvveeee INFPs for this). Tell them your "troubles". They'll make the world make sense for you - a give you a little pat on the back while you're at it. :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My best skill for coping with such a world: pick up a Feeler with your dominant as their secondary (I loooovvvveeee INFPs for this). Tell them your "troubles". They'll make the world make sense for you - a give you a little pat on the back while you're at it. :D

You know, I think you just articulated something I've had trouble putting my finger on. INFP's... well, it's no secret how much I love 'em, but now I'm a little closer to understanding why :wub:

Mind you, ESFP's have a great way of putting things back in perspective for me as well... when I get tangled up in bullshit existential angst...

Why don't thinkers back down? Why oh why? How many times have I later kicked myself and thought, "yeah I STILL believe I was right, but what a fucking douche, I should've just kept quiet! I didn't have to pretend to agree, it wasn't a binary choice between that and relentlessly pursue them with a sledge hammer - I coulda just said let's agree to disagree and left it but oh no, I had to fucking pursue it, didn't I? and NOW look where we're at!" :doh:

I have seriously GOT to learn to stop trying to understand everything and to be more close minded. Seriously, life sucks when your mind is so open that trival things can cause cascade self-doubt... I think my trouble is, it's open at both ends :blush: Someone criticises me unfairly and I'm so eager to take on board others' views that the evidence that would back up my feeling of it being unfair falls out of my memory for a bit, and I just feel seriously confused! Someone says something really retarded but can I dismiss it? Oh no, I have to pursue them, bombard them with an inquisition and dissect their views with tweezers and scalpels because I have to UNDERSTAND why they think that, why they said that, what it is on this planet that I'm missing that makes me unable to see that as a feasible thing to say whilst they blurt it out quite naturally... just on the off chance that it's ME who's retarded. And then I realise too late that actually I've come across like I'm close minded and aggressive and intolerant and...

ARRGGHHH!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
It's been a smooth ride. Any discrepancies come from me and my short-attention span when it comes to people, unless they have lots of stories to tell.

Besides, there are others. Plenty of others. And the Internet.

Any real trouble comes from within, and then manifests into something crazy. Talking helps, though.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
You know, I think you just articulated something I've had trouble putting my finger on. INFP's... well, it's no secret how much I love 'em, but now I'm a little closer to understanding why :wub:

Mind you, ESFP's have a great way of putting things back in perspective for me as well... when I get tangled up in bullshit existential angst...

Why don't thinkers back down? Why oh why? How many times have I later kicked myself and thought, "yeah I STILL believe I was right, but what a fucking douche, I should've just kept quiet! I didn't have to pretend to agree, it wasn't a binary choice between that and relentlessly pursue them with a sledge hammer - I coulda just said let's agree to disagree and left it but oh no, I had to fucking pursue it, didn't I? and NOW look where we're at!" :doh:

I have seriously GOT to learn to stop trying to understand everything and to be more close minded. Seriously, life sucks when your mind is so open that trival things can cause cascade self-doubt... I think my trouble is, it's open at both ends :blush: Someone criticises me unfairly and I'm so eager to take on board others' views that the evidence that would back up my feeling of it being unfair falls out of my memory for a bit, and I just feel seriously confused! Someone says something really retarded but can I dismiss it? Oh no, I have to pursue them, bombard them with an inquisition and dissect their views with tweezers and scalpels because I have to UNDERSTAND why they think that, why they said that, what it is on this planet that I'm missing that makes me unable to see that as a feasible thing to say whilst they blurt it out quite naturally... just on the off chance that it's ME who's retarded. And then I realise too late that actually I've come across like I'm close minded and aggressive and intolerant and...

ARRGGHHH!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

:hug: I feel your pain. :yes:

We should start an ENTP-argument support group, yes? INFPs can help us. INFJs are more affective, but sometimes all we need is a little gentleness instead of being broken down into 50 little pieces.

YES?! YES?!? :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
:hug: I feel your pain. :yes:

We should start an ENTP-argument support group, yes? INFPs can help us. INFJs are more affective, but sometimes all we need is a little gentleness instead of being broken down into 50 little pieces.

YES?! YES?!? :D

Shit yeah, now that is a cracking idea! :cheese: