• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] what martial arts do INTJ take ?

wintersun

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

New on the forum, I am an ENFP having a simple curious question.

I mainly refer to personality type for career but lately find it good fun to try and guess the personality of people around me. One popular belief is that ENFP get along best (or romantically best) with INTJ. As I just taken a martial arts class, wondering what you INTJ usually practice - if any ?

As some said you could tell a person's temperament by the extracurricular activities they dwell in. Do INTJ likes aggressive taekwondo, muay thai, or structured like Judo, or defensive like Aikido ?

cheers

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Frantic computer programming. Stereoscopes. Programming logic controllers.

^Sports my 3 INTJ friends engage in.

INFJ is actually a really good fit with ENFP.

(and INFP can be interesting if a bit clashing)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh Programming Logic Controllers that sounds sexy :D

my INFJ does kickboxing and I am the one with the big mouth :D

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm learning taekwondo. Of course, it doesn't really say anything about my personality as it was the only martial art I could take at my university. (I also enjoy the sport of computer programming).

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Matching martial arts and personality types doesn't seem accurate at all.

If you want to meet INTJs..
Gah, don't follow the guidelines so much.

Don't assume that INTJ is your best match.
Don't assume a certain type of anything matches a certain personality type.

But then again I do see where you are coming from, because obviously some types get along better with other types. So if you want to meet INTJs, I'd say go to another location besides martial arts. Not saying that martial arts doesn't mix with INTJs, I'm just saying the majority of INTJs probably go to other places.. like their house, or CES.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know about that. The only other INTJ I've ever met was a black belt in Karate :D

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know one who is into Karate, too.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I like fencing... but I don't think it's an martial art. :dry:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ouh thats nice. I actually went to fencing courses for half a year but I quit because all the guys there were ... different.

I would like to get back into it though. It has grace and style :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I took Tae Kwon Do classes but I don't think any people there were INTJs...

On a related note, I'd really like to start Aikido classes. Can't find it anywhere near me. As far as types goes Aikido is perfect for an ENFP I'd say.

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Any of them, but I doubt you'll find many in your class. I know one who likes to play soccer, but the rest are much more enamored with computers and machines.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I like fencing... but I don't think it's an martial art. :dry:

Me too. What's your weapon of choice?

I'm a 4'10'' Epeeist. Wrap your mind around that. :D

ouh thats nice. I actually went to fencing courses for half a year but I quit because all the guys there were ... different.

I would like to get back into it though. It has grace and style

Is it typical for fencers in Europe to start with foil?

Yes. Fencing is sophisticated, calculated violence. I really enjoy the strategy of it.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hi

New on the forum, I am an ENFP having a simple curious question.

I mainly refer to personality type for career but lately find it good fun to try and guess the personality of people around me. One popular belief is that ENFP get along best (or romantically best) with INTJ. As I just taken a martial arts class, wondering what you INTJ usually practice - if any ?

Who needs to work out when you can just buy a gun?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Me too. What's your weapon of choice?

I'm a 4'10'' Epeeist. Wrap your mind around that. :D
Sabre for me. I guess I like flashy. :devil:

Is it typical for fencers in Europe to start with foil?

Yes. Fencing is sophisticated, calculated violence. I really enjoy the strategy of it.
I thought you're suppose to start with foil before moving onto another weapon? I did a year of foil before I switched to sabre...

MBTI Type
INxJ
Sabre for me. I guess I like flashy. :devil:

I thought you're suppose to start with foil before moving onto another weapon? I did a year of foil before I switched to sabre...

Cool. Do you play in tournaments?

Foil first is standard method in the U.S., but I have heard that's not the case in Europe. Apparently, the teachers there believe learning and spending so much time on foil will ruin students for the other weapons. The Europeans are the best fencers, after all.

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
I m training Goju- Ryu Karate, which is the most traditional Karate type.
I m IntP and i like it because we do not use (many ) high kicks but more hands etc. its gets you really fit.
The things i do not like is the authority, following the rules, monotonity etc.

My Sensei is ISTJ, by book... My Sempai is a iSXP... my younger brother accomplishes qiet great things there ( but he is extremly talented for sports) and he is also a ISTJ.

I think the problem for Intuitive characters is that they must develop their Sensing ability to survive in such a sport;)

(btw , sorry for some mistakes, i m at work:( )

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
So if you want to meet INTJs, I'd say go to another location besides martial arts. Not saying that martial arts doesn't mix with INTJs, I'm just saying the majority of INTJs probably go to other places.. like their house, or CES.
What he said.

I wonder, is there any reason why you wanted to check for INTJs in martial art classes?

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Krav Maga

[youtube=07jnqD8wvyE] Krav Maga [/youtube]