• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs and loneliness

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You didnt just obey the INTJ did you ?

You are such pets !

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I use weak passwords where I don't particularly care about security. You will never crack a password to anything I care about.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Ha, ha. This was only a "joke thread". You "over rationalized". Take a guess at what might drive someone batshit insane. I'm calm now, but if you push my buttons you will get music. I will try again not to come back here.

Is it really that surprising?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am still surprised noone figured that mine is boobs, concerning the scientific advance I speed up in that field -.-

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
It depends on different people, but I am an INTP and I don't get lonely per se, I just get bored. I let go of people very easily (mom, best friends, etc), except for relationships, and only need a couple of people to fulfil my complete need for people. My ENFP friend, and my ISFJ girlfriend. If I felt no love towards my gf and thus wasn't with her, and lost my friend, I don't think I would get lonely...only bored.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
It depends on different people, but I am an INTP and I don't get lonely per se, I just get bored. I let go of people very easily (mom, best friends, etc), except for relationships, and only need a couple of people to fulfil my complete need for people. My ENFP friend, and my ISFJ girlfriend. If I felt no love towards my gf and thus wasn't with her, and lost my friend, I don't think I would get lonely...only bored.

Indeed, an INTP who suddenly loses his detachment from people and life in general finds himself in quite the precarious position of remarkable loneliness, of the kind most people try to attribute to INTPs simply by judging their lifestyle from the outside and comparing it to how they would feel themselves. Most types don't waltz through life with such a level of detachment. I wonder if it's even possible to have a basic INTP who is mentally stable and yet exhibits a level of concern/attachment more typical of other types. I would argue that sort of INTP would obligatorily have a greater development of E and F. Therefore, the less developed an INTPs E and F, the more detached they are.