• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Please help! I'm in love with an INTp

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I'm never interested in winning the argument and making my opponent look like a fool. Maybe when I was younger, I was. I am more determined to be heard and understood correctly, and not misrepresented, then I am determined to be seen as right. I hate people who always have to be right.
QFFT!
I lose respect real quick for people who'd rather "win" than come correct and admit they were wrong.

Yup! If I am with someone who goes for the jugular, I am 99.9% more likely to have nothing to do with them, rather than be cruel back. I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing.
And here we part ways a bit. I still on occasion indulge the bloodlust. Just not as often as I could, because I feel like poop afterwards.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTPs always have the potential to do this, but I think (no offense) it's a sign of an immature INTP. More mature INTPs might know all your flaws, but control the emo, so that even if someone deserves it, it won't fly out in the heat of the moment. I never go for the jugular, even when I could. Also, I could never be in a relationship with a person who would cut me to the core everytime we had an argument. I'd never be with someone who was intentionally cruel.

i'm glad you said this because i'm that way too. i think when you're a type that really understands who your with so well you have the ability to hurt them in this way...and i'm aware that i do...but i never do it. i think it in the moment but i don't say it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
blue...it's a bit ridiculous isn't it? haha

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I have noticed the vocalising flaws thing from INTJs more... it somehow seems that the more they like someone the more they pick at them.. like a monkey or something. ... On the whole the INTPs I have known have been very kind and gentle... I also I think that you have to know when they are being objective and not being critical of you.. that helps you to see their sweet nature

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
In love and the first thing you do is cry for help? Maybe love isn't your thing. :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Blue, boxes had to do with defining a relationship, but you probably forgot all about that.

Either way, apparently I seem to have the opposite experience that others do of different types when it comes to dating.

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
I have noticed the vocalising flaws thing from INTJs more... it somehow seems that the more they like someone the more they pick at them.. like a monkey or something. ... On the whole the INTPs I have known have been very kind and gentle... I also I think that you have to know when they are being objective and not being critical of you.. that helps you to see their sweet nature

Back out of my cave. I want him and so I'm pursuing him. I'll give it another 6 months until I move on. There is no one else in sight anyway.

Okay...now I understand! This guy picked on me from the beginning and stilll does. He is a master at pushing my buttons. He also proclaimed that he can't be hurt so I have been attempting to find and push his as well. Sometimes he comes back with subtle but scathing remarks that have sent me running to my therapist. I've grown thick skin over the past few months. Since he is a weak "p" perhaps it's the INTJ side that can bring me to tears? Otherwise most times he is very gentle.

What would hurt an INTP. I tease alot and sometimes he laughs and sometimes he bites back, very hard. I haven't figured out yet what buttons are off limits.

All I know is I LOVE HIM!!! Did I mention that?:smile:

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm not sure that's possible, unless she uses a gun or some sharp objects.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i thought she was tryin to find the line so she could be careful not to cross it.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Line schmine. All's fair in love and war :devil: Even weirder rules apply when both are wrapped up in the same person.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh no!! really??

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
i thought she was tryin to find the line so she could be careful not to cross it.

Exactly. We tease each other a lot and sometimes we step on each other's toes which is what I don't want to do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
see...i know stuff....haha ;)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Back out of my cave. I want him and so I'm pursuing him. I'll give it another 6 months until I move on. There is no one else in sight anyway.
Dear oh dear oh dear. Exactly as I predicted, nothing we say will have any effect whatsoever. Marie here was only looking for reinforcement, not rationality.

When six months comes and goes, where will you be? Unless someone better comes along, you'll likely not want to move on then. It's easier to say "six months from now" than "right now," in six months.

Okay...now I understand! This guy picked on me from the beginning and stilll does. He is a master at pushing my buttons. He also proclaimed that he can't be hurt so I have been attempting to find and push his as well. Sometimes he comes back with subtle but scathing remarks that have sent me running to my therapist. I've grown thick skin over the past few months. Since he is a weak "p" perhaps it's the INTJ side that can bring me to tears? Otherwise most times he is very gentle.
That's not his "INTJ side" (if he's INTP). It's him.
What would hurt an INTP. I tease alot and sometimes he laughs and sometimes he bites back, very hard. I haven't figured out yet what buttons are off limits.
The only thing I can think of is permanent physical injury, or let him believe he's getting something he really wants (which doesn't seem to be you, as you know), and take it away.

All I know is I LOVE HIM!!! Did I mention that?:smile:
Love and a nickel, you know the rest.