• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Please help! I'm in love with an INTp

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
^^ oh i don't doubt it for a second actually...

Yep! Double edged sword, we are. If we get to know you, we know every flaw you think you have, and won't hesitate to expose them for you if we think it's warranted. The best way for us to make ourselves feel better if hurt...is to make someone else feel worse.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Clever creatures they are when it comes to cutting enemies into little, itty bitty pieces and serving them up on a platter.

And all because they lost their shit after the grand build up instead of some earlier, well-placed assertiveness that could have quashed matters.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i see.... interesting.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
A regular ticking time bomb they are... in fact, the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I shouldn't talk to any INTP's any more. They're scary.

:cry:

:peepwall:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awww... sweet girl...sorry you got hurt.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
[youtube=NV5-sBt8e2k]I'm falling in love with an INTP too.[/youtube]

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
It would probably attract an INTP. So if you're boycotting us, I wouldn't do it, ha.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Figures :dry:

Actually I love INTP's. They're my favorite type to try to understand. I work with three of them in addition to my friend and they're so damn funny. The INTP wars around here are awesome. :wubbie:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yep! Double edged sword, we are. If we get to know you, we know every flaw you think you have, and won't hesitate to expose them for you if we think it's warranted. The best way for us to make ourselves feel better if hurt...is to make someone else feel worse.

INTPs always have the potential to do this, but I think (no offense) it's a sign of an immature INTP. More mature INTPs might know all your flaws, but control the emo, so that even if someone deserves it, it won't fly out in the heat of the moment. I never go for the jugular, even when I could. Also, I could never be in a relationship with a person who would cut me to the core everytime we had an argument. I'd never be with someone who was intentionally cruel.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
INTPs always have the potential to do this, but I think (no offense) it's a sign of an immature INTP. More mature INTPs might know all your flaws, but control the emo, so that even if someone deserves it, it won't fly out in the heat of the moment. I never go for the jugular, even when I could. Also, I could never be in a relationship with a person who would cut me to the core everytime we had an argument. I'd never be with someone who was intentionally cruel.

None taken. I'm not as bad as I was in high school. College mellowed me out a tad, and I think you're completely spot on with your assessment. Hence, the reason they're now exes. But I will say, the desire is frequently there. I hate taking the high road.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Rather overarching. A relationship isn't always the context of arguments, and the method changes drastically based on exactly where winning the argument and making your opponent look like a fool is placed on the list of priorities. It's not very high on that list in an intimate relationship.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

+1
I can be cool and clinical, but I would never be intentionally cruel and I won't tolerate cruelty either.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
+1
I can be cool and clinical, but I would never be intentionally cruel and I won't tolerate cruelty either.
It's her way of saying she likes flowers, lullabies and bad poetry.
;)

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
None taken. I'm not as bad as I was in high school. College mellowed me out a tad, and I think you're completely spot on with your assessment. Hence, the reason they're now exes. But I will say, the desire is frequently there. I hate taking the high road.

Yeah, the most frustrating thing in the world is knowing that you COULD give as good as you're getting, and the other person thinks they're winning and they're not. :steam: But I also hate feeling like I'm being sucked down to someone else's level.

Rather overarching. A relationship isn't always the context of arguments, and the method changes drastically based on exactly where winning the argument and making your opponent look like a fool is placed on the list of priorities. It's not very high on that list in an intimate relationship.

I'm never interested in winning the argument and making my opponent look like a fool. Maybe when I was younger, I was. I am more determined to be heard and understood correctly, and not misrepresented, then I am determined to be seen as right. I hate people who always have to be right.

+1

Yup! If I am with someone who goes for the jugular, I am 99.9% more likely to have nothing to do with them, rather than be cruel back. I have zero tolerance for that kind of thing.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm never interested in winning the argument and making my opponent look like a fool. Maybe when I was younger, I was. I am more determined to be heard and understood correctly, and not misrepresented, then I am determined to be seen as right. I hate people who always have to be right.
Than.