• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Please help! I'm in love with an INTp

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Marie: that means he likes you ;)

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
I'm sure he probably messed up initially. If he likes you he probably tried to show his feelings by asking you subtly to be in a relationship with him, like going out to watch a movie or to a restuarant. If he has let him know when you're free or like be somewhere he can directly ask. :)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You should probably just ask him if he wants to date. More than half of my relationships start this way, including my current one.

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
You should probably just ask him if he wants to date. More than half of my relationships start this way, including my current one.

Well...he knows how I feel about him. When he is ready he'll come out of his cave I guess.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well...he knows how I feel about him. When he is ready he'll come out of his cave I guess.
Factoid:

It isn't impossible to get a guy who still doesn't have any inclination of being your boyfriend to get "intimate" with you from time to time.

So, even if that happens, it means nil.

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
I'm sure he probably messed up initially. If he likes you he probably tried to show his feelings by asking you subtly to be in a relationship with him, like going out to watch a movie or to a restuarant. If he has let him know when you're free or like be somewhere he can directly ask. :)

Well...I messed up originally by telling him how I felt about him. I didn't realize at that point what a mistake that would be with an INTP. Like I said he is my first. Only dated F types before that. He is so much more intriguing...and sexy! :devil:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh..thats not his pic?

His avatar? LOL, no..at least not if you can believe him ;)
Think darker...:devil: Should I dig up the thread?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

HAHA! You don't know INTPs very well. It's entirely likely he has no idea you want to date him. How does he know how you feel? Did you tell him? Or leave subtle clues, or infer that because you've been intimate that is a profession of further desires. Sorry if you've already answered this question, but like I said, you will most likely have to barge into his cave and drag him out of it.

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
Factoid:

It isn't impossible to get a guy who still doesn't have any inclination of being your boyfriend to get "intimate" with you from time to time.

So, even if that happens, it means nil.

I don't want from time to time...I want forever! You know "happily ever after"? If that is possible with your type. :newwink::devil:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I don't want from time to time...I want forever! You know "happily ever after"? If that is possible with your type. :newwink::devil:
*ignores the inconsequential conversation going on over there*

Sure, it can happen, but there are tell-tale signs that a guy isn't interested in it with a particular person, and I think you've seen them all in this case, right?

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
HAHA! You don't know INTPs very well. It's entirely likely he has no idea you want to date him. How does he know how you feel? Did you tell him? Or leave subtle clues, or infer that because you've been intimate that is a profession of further desires. Sorry if you've already answered this question, but like I said, you will most likely have to barge into his cave and drag him out of it.

Thats why I'm here..trying to figure out INTPs and romance. Like I said, we chatted a couple of months, sharing alot of info about eachother as well as confidences...then we met...and did the nasty..:devil: ...and then I shoot my mouth off like a blubbering InfP idiot over email and bam...he disappears off the face of the earth for a month. Now he is sending emails but avoiding our last discussion. I'm playing it cool but god I want him! :wubbie:

Marie

MBTI Type
InfP
*ignores the inconsequential conversation going on over there*

Sure, it can happen, but there are tell-tale signs that a guy isn't interested in it with a particular person, and I think you've seen them all in this case, right?

Sure I know the signs...but I'm dealing with an INTP not an F. I don't have the playbook for INTPs.:violin:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Sure I know the signs...but I'm dealing with an INTP not an F. I don't have the playbook for INTPs.:violin:
There is probably more commonality in all types than differentiation in this respect.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Nay, nay, thrice nay!

You've got the right idea, Marie. Play the long game.

Maybe for the ladies. But as far as I'm concerned, extreme persistence is indicative of genuine desire. If a girl who showed interest in me started "playing the long game" I'd lose interest pretty quick. You've got to stay in my face or I'll forget you're alive.