• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and Fashion +OTHER TYPES!!!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Hey, I'm an entp and have read often time that entps could really dress like potatoes bags or something.:D

I do love nice clothes and stylish stuffs. And while I can at times dress like a real hobo and wouldn't call myself a fashion whore I still do have a keen sense of those things, and really don't feel 'good' if I don't like my clothes. You can basically tell how I feel by seeing how much I pay attention to those things and myself.

What about other entps?
If you know some, Share your views!!

EDIT: ERINAVERY IS whining again, I will therefore extend the topic to other types
Yes, erin, you can post now;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I dress properly for work, and when the opportunity to dress to the 9s arises I look fabulous. I do frequently look rather bum-like when I run errands on a day off work though because I simply don't think about what I'm wearing :doh:

am_i_evil666

Hmm.....the ENTPs I know are not the most fashionable people on earth, but don't either dress like potato bags. And even if they do, they have pretty strong personalities which stop them from looking stupid.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of the ENTPs I know don't tend to dress up. They'll wear jeans and a t-shirt every day, which looks like they are wearing the same thing over and over. Of the ones that attempt to dress up, they fail miserably. Their sense of style isn't very good.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Most of the ENTPs I know don't tend to dress up. They'll wear jeans and a t-shirt every day, which looks like they are wearing the same thing over and over. Of the ones that attempt to dress up, they fail miserably. Their sense of style isn't very good.

That is pretty accurate. I try to just have a few nice casual things.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Having achieved 1 out of 3 of last years new years resolutions - ie not wearing trainers to work

I aim to spend at least one day at work a week dressed as a woman - LOL I tend to like to be scruffy - which can mean cargo pants and a t-shirt of jumpers, which then changed to jeans and a t-shirt. I had to go through a ropey stage as my boss was dissaproving of my attire - it's still the thing that has caused argo between us in the last 3 years.

When going out - I do the sharp girl thing, LOVE to dress up and do it very well.

L

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Erinavery is complaining again, I will therefore edit the thread to include all types or something. Which is wierd because the thread is in NT rational!
Erin, ur such a mess :D

And yeah while I do have a sense of fashion, I will tend to wear the same 'sort' of stuffs. I do have a love for jackets for example. People will sometimes tell me 'fred, HOW MUCH JACKETS DO YOU ACTUALLY OWN!'

To what I usually answer stuffs like :"only god knows"

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha!!!! i wasn't really asking you to!! i just wanted to call you an elitist!! haha
and now i feel put on the spot and don't wanna answer!!

EDIT: i would like to hear how others would describe their fashion taste or philosophy...so thanks eck. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...i am a bit curious if other enfp's would say they don't necessarily have a look...i mean...does it change all the time?
i have always been one to change my hair color/cut a lot and drastically too and i wear different styles of outfits all the time from girlie dresses and heels to structured suits and heels to jeans, boots and lil girlie top or some punk style t or some diesel kicks and jeans and a t...to tank tops and skirts with lil flip flops...you know...all over the place...i like no pattern...and a lot of pattern...like olily type stuff...i like to mix stuff creatively or have a totally plain t and skirt on...sometimes i wear make up and jewelry sometimes i wear neither.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm very muchso the same way though..

I like fashion, and I like looking good.. when things are practical for this. Everyday wear is rather tomboy-hobo esque because it works, and it's comfortable. Work clothes for tough work, and plenty of really awesome looking clothes that I wear like twice a year lmao.

Erin> I have a look I think?? .. Everyday it's basically skater shoes, cargo pants or shorts, and a tank underneath a baggy and often torn shirt lol. If I dress a bit nicer, I simply wear a nicer t-shirt, with a better logo or pattern. My look only changes situationally. (Mostly, I wear girls clothing if I've been lazy about laundry.)

I've been meaning to ask... Have any of ya'll taken a shirt that doesn't fit with a badass pattern and made something out of it??.. I was thinking of making a t-shirt quilt just because I don't want to throw them away.. but I was wondering if there was something more functional and practical.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
......but I was wondering if there was something more functional and practical.

LMAO

I would rather stick needles into my eyes than sow, my mum tried to get me to do embrodery when I was a late teen - I do now occationally sow on a button but thats about the height of it.

They can make great dusters ;)

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

This is pretty much what I do. I'll wear a loose pair of jeans, soft material mandatory. I'll also wear a short sleeved T-shirt, not too tight, otherwise I feel antsy. I actually only own about 5-6 shirts that have been in regular rotation since high school. (So that's around 2 years.) I really prefer shorts to jeans, and I usually wear khakis.

So yes, I don't pay that much attention to style.

The formalwear that I have doesn't really fit me well: I have long arms and broad shoulders, but a thinner torso. So it's pretty odd.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
ENFPs have quite a lot of style and as far as I have seen, they look good in almost everything that fits them. And I am sure it's not the clothes, but the way they wear them. The same for ENTPs, only a slightly weaker fashion sense.

As to myself... well, I mostly try to look good. But I do screw up at times. Just like everybody.

G

garbage

I usually dress practically.. plain-colored button-down shirt and loose-fitting jeans. But now I'm starting to dress more extravagantly, but for practical reasons :) People more knowledgeable than I on fashion (gay friends and women mostly ;)) give me suggestions and I'm starting to take them.

I wouldn't know fashion if it bludgeoned me over the head, but I know how to take advice and hints! My friend got me a brightly colored and more visually complicated shirt for Christmas, and I've 'mimicked' that by picking out other similar shirts to wear.

I change my hairstyle and facial hair pretty often because I get sick of it easily, but at least for now I've settled on some look.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Erin> I have a look I think?? .. Everyday it's basically skater shoes, cargo pants or shorts, and a tank underneath a baggy and often torn shirt lol. If I dress a bit nicer, I simply wear a nicer t-shirt, with a better logo or pattern. My look only changes situationally. (Mostly, I wear girls clothing if I've been lazy about laundry.)

well yeah...i'd like to think i have a look too...but it's not always the same...more so lately because i'm not doing as much... and i like cargo pants and tank tops too...but i'll wear something like that one day and then the next i've got this dress over jeans japanese style look on...and then i'll wear a structured skirt with really high heels...you know...i was just wondering if it's typical that enfp's mix it up like that often.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think I have a "look". I don't like to wear things with brand-names on them, and I hate wearing anything fake-vintage--hate hate hate (not that I mind if someone else does it)!!! I'd probably call my look "thrift store absurdism", right now I'm wearing a cumberland county firefighter training center shirt, for example. My friends have told me that when they picture me in their heads, I'm almost always wearing my Staples uniform shirt (it cost 45¢, and I love answering the question, 'do you work at staples?').

While I probably sound cracked out and weird, and I'm always surprised when they say it, people tell me I'm pretty fashionable. In terms of nicer occasions, I clean up rllll good!

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wear mostly tshirts and jeans, but enjoy surprising people with an outfit that catches people off guard. For parties, this often means eye catchign but not tacky (no douchebag stuff) shirts or even costumes. For new years, I wore a blue jumpsuit zipped down, silver sequined cumberbund, blue doc martens, and a white child-size horse riding helmet. I'm 6'2", so difficult to miss in that get up, lol.

I do feel like wearing soemthign drastically different gives me a different shell to act out in. The clothing is usually not too tight, as I have been a bit self conscious about my rather slim frame, but I've somehow bulked up a lil this year (pushups and arm curls really do work!) and dont mind seeing the definition in my figure.

Are many ENTPs models? It's something I've thought about trying for a while

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ THAT is ridiculous. :D

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I can be fashionable when I need to.
However, when it's not a necessity, I don't bother.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
hahaha.. Im not awesome at sewing either. It'd be one of my many projects if I really did make a quilt.

well yeah...i'd like to think i have a look too...but it's not always the same...more so lately because i'm not doing as much... and i like cargo pants and tank tops too...but i'll wear something like that one day and then the next i've got this dress over jeans japanese style look on...and then i'll wear a structured skirt with really high heels...you know...i was just wondering if it's typical that enfp's mix it up like that often.

I LOVE all different sorts of fashion. I just don't normally wear them. I feel like I'm acting out of character almost to dress in something even if I like it.. Silly huh?

I'd probably call my look "thrift store absurdism"

I love thrift stores!! I always find something I like there. Usually, it helps as well that I want stylish shit and I want to pay nearly nothing for it.