• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] THE ENTP Appreciation Thread

theplacesyoullgo

I apologize for misquoting this poster as saying Bill typed as an ESTP. I found the post to which I was referring, and here it is (link):

These two actually went through type training with a colleague of mine. Hilary verified INTJ as best-fit type and Bill verified ENFP. The Se is what got him into trouble, a classic example of being undone by one's inferior function...

Out of curiosity, Tiny Army, where did you hear Bill self-typed as ENTP?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even if he "self-typed" as XXXX, he could be mistaken. My first time, I was typed as an ESTJ of all things. I know two ENTJs who test as ESTJs, but aren't Ss. I know an ISTP who originally tested as an ISTJ even though he clearly isn't. My own archetypal INFJ father tests as an INFP sometimes. *shrugs*

I take self-typing as an approximation only. If Bill tested as an N *himself*, I still don't buy it. I have difficulty believing that result. I don't think the Se that got him in trouble was an inferior function motivation. Army's dad was a diplomat so I'll take my opinion and bow out now.

Having said that, I use ENTPs to carry me room to room so that I don't fatten my ankles with unsightly muscles from exercise.

theplacesyoullgo

Oh, I totally agree that self-typing doesn't always mean something, but when attempting to type politicians, I find it more useful than your average person's "self-identified type."

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
From him. (My father was late for a lunch meeting and I'm an extrovert.)

He mentioned that he thinks ENFPs are the most likeable type. He was the one who convinced my father that MBTI wasn't total bullshit. He's really easy to talk to when he's not in meeting mode and he just remembers little details about everyone he meets.

We talked briefly about S types and how Arkansas is filled with them. He also seemed to have some pretty well cultivated Se.

People change their mind about their type all the time.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I totally agree that self-typing doesn't always mean something, but when attempting to type politicians, I find it more useful than your average person's "self-identified type."

Agreed. :yes:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I believe him! He reminds me of my friend Evan who's a hardcore ENTP.

(My next guess would be ESTP for sure, though. He doesn't seem very feeling-y to me. He definitely has Fe wrapped up in there somewhere from what my dad has told me, though.)

theplacesyoullgo

Thanks for the info, Tiny Army! Very interesting. I still see ESTP (over ENTP, which I see over ENFP...) - I feel like he's one of those ESTPs who like the idea of being ENTP. ;) But, who knows?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks for the info, Tiny Army! Very interesting. I still see ESTP (over ENTP, which I see over ENFP...) - I feel like he's one of those ESTPs who like the idea of being ENTP. ;) But, who knows?

I "get" ENTPs right away. ESTPs, while known on the spot, take a little circling and study to find their angle. Se is a slippery devil.

My foreman was an ESTP - he was into everything. He would sit around with me and talk about space travel and perpetual motion machines and dark matter. He was out there. But I could still feel his "grounding" somehow. The ENTP I was seeing had the same swagger and wildly varied interests, the same shrewdness, yet he was only ESTP superficially. Scratch him and he was N all over the place. I've dated ESTPs. They don't feel the same.

Maybe Bill has a very high functioning N? His S/N duality could be close. I think I agree with Places, however. I detect an ESTP. SPs can have a particularly hard time typing - in some of them, their S/N functions are backed up to each other.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
and we like trolls, the ones who are on the ery edge of scoeity and drive everyone else nuts because they are different.

Yes... the same quality that on the flipside gets us called arrogant - we're TOTALLY unjudgemental. The same reason we accept and befriend people who are pushed to the margins of society, the same reason we don't judge ourselves or beat ourselves up about our mistakes. People just don't seem to realise that these things are tied.

Because I'm not judgemental, I can't hate myself, and have to give myself credit where due. But it also means a lot of social pariahs have been given the love and acceptance they needed to stop hating themselves and start believing they can be liked - which leads to stopping being a tedious self-loathing douche that becomes a social pariah.

If my irrepressibly positive self-image went away just because someone called it arrogance and a bad thing, then all that love and acceptance and rehabilitation of douches would never happen. Unless, obviously, someone else did it, another ENTP who didn't let the self-hating bastards grind them down out of sheer self-esteem envy.

Or something.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This ENTP is writing from ENTP farm.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If by "confidence" you mean "lack of self control" then sure, I suppose.

That's the stereotypical INTP response here, but we know you and we're aware that most of you are lacking in social abilities and we know that it's an area of insecurity for you...hence your need to defend against such a suggestion by cynically twisting ENTP confidence into "lack of self control."

Qre:us

To sum up: we are awsome in our awsomeness. Superstardom was inspired by the likes of an ENTP.

PS - I think most of ENTPs' appreciation comes from within. Heck, no one appreciates me as well as I do. :cheese:

PSS - we're only to 22 pages...what's up with that?

PISS - go if ya have to.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The orgified hack ENTP farm is happy sparkle princess fun times, do wah diddy.

sculpting

If my irrepressibly positive self-image went away just because someone called it arrogance and a bad thing, then all that love and acceptance and rehabilitation of douches would never happen. Unless, obviously, someone else did it, another ENTP who didn't let the self-hating bastards grind them down out of sheer self-esteem envy.

Or something.

yup, you might be an entp. I luuuuuv entps. I cant help it. Its like some sort of spiralling black hole that sucks me in. You guys are sooooooo funny and crazy smart-stupid at the same time. Like giant retarded, idiot savant, eight years olds who are utterly adorable. :wubbie:

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
560_sparkle_princess_front_cov_sm.jpg

^
^^^
^^^^

Femme Urbane

EcK