• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP Addiction

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
just like that. ;)

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I kow it's not what you want Blue and please forgive me but your last post has just summed up why I like INTPs LOL :wubbie:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know right...i just think we're both freakin messes in our own way and no one else gets it...haha

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh Erin, you know I love you. That wasn't aimed at you. I'm just getting a bit weary of all the I :heart: INTPs stuff. We are a bunch of bastards and ppl need to realize this.

Stuff like this is what makes you so fun to poke at though. ^_^

I admit no addiction! It's not my fault they're fun...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stuff like this is what makes you so fun to poke at though. ^_^

I admit no addiction! It's not my fault they're fun...

And therefore they will have to accept and prepare for the fact that love and cuddles are going to come their way, no matter what :devil: :hug:

TPol

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5sp
Egad! In reading just this one thread from beginning to here, I've gone from feeling understood, to being a bit creeped out, and, now, writing people down on my "watch carefully" list. ((does so))

I think I relate most to JocktheMotie's comments the most, in every comment made here, so I won't rehash all that. Some of Tallulah's comments, too.

I really like that definition of friendship. It seems very restful. I think a lot of my interaction with INTPs come from not only needing to know (simple curiousity), but also needing to be liked... which is really just insecurity. I want so much to get over that and to be OK with not being liked. Any advice on that one?

Since Tallulah answered you so well on this one, I'll only add a quotation for you at the end of this post. Maybe it'll help. I'll add Tallulah's comment because it flows so well with the quotation.

Yeah, I think maybe the key is to realize that it's actually okay for people NOT to like you. And I mean, literally accept that in your head as the worst case scenario. Nobody's adored by every single person on the planet. The ironic thing is, when you don't care so much about acceptance, you tend to attract more acceptance. I guess because you're just coming from a more solid place within yourself. Just something I've found through experience.

"I don't want everyone to like me. I should think less of myself if some people did." -- Henry James

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The way I do it is to take it on faith that he likes me and just not let any doubt creep in. Then I can relax and stop pushing and pouncing.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think ENFP are a little light for the INTP. They would probably be better for more serious, stodgy types like the INTJ or ISTJ.

oh...and i meant to ask...why do you say this? you think we like stodgy? so what if we're good for them...what about us? where's our fun to be had?

maybe we WANT someone silly...and cool and witty. maybe we just want it to be fun and it doesn't matter if it makes sense...maybe we don't care that nothing productive would ever get done....you know? maybe??

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
LOLOL So what about an INTP-ENFP match is it known to be bad?? I always thought it was meant to be quite good.. of course I have heard that INTJ and ENFP is a classic but to be honest I can't see why! LOL

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ/ENFP works by virtue of the dom N connection. The two types have a lot in common and easily understand each other because the dominant function of both types is Intuition.

The INTP/ENFP match tends to be far less successful due to the Thinking/Feeling discrepancy. As a dominant Thinking type, the INTP tends to find it important for the situation to make sense. The ENFP tends to struggle to provide the clarity and reasonableness that is insisted upon by the INTP.

In short, the chief difficulty in the INTP/ENFP bond is the T/F discrepancy. Such a problem is also to be noticed in the INTJ/ENFP, bond, but it is less significant because the INTJ is less of a thinking oriented type than the INTP. (That is the case because Thinking is the auxiliary function of the INTJ, and not the primary, as the latter is the case with the INTP.)

However, the above two matches are far from the worst because Intuition is shared by both types.

In summary, the virtues of the INT/ENFP match are oriented primarily around the common ground of Intuition.

This is more notable in the INTJ/ENFP match than in the INTP/ENFP match.

The defects of both matches consist primarily of the Thinking/Feeling discrepancy. This is more notable in the INTP/ENFP match than in the INTJ/ENFP match, as such discrepancies are much less notable in the case of the latter than in the case of the former.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
and i'm starting to believe bluemonday is a type by herself.

Oh Erin, you know I love you. That wasn't aimed at you. I'm just getting a bit weary of all the I :heart: INTPs stuff. We are a bunch of bastards and ppl need to realize this.

I'm nobody's type.

I envision bluemonday as a hot chick version of Bernard from Black Books. :wubbie:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
oh...and i meant to ask...why do you say this? you think we like stodgy? so what if we're good for them...what about us? where's our fun to be had?

maybe we WANT someone silly...and cool and witty. maybe we just want it to be fun and it doesn't matter if it makes sense...maybe we don't care that nothing productive would ever get done....you know? maybe??

You wanna bet a million butterflys?

Potential gives you a thrill.

Knowing it is and will be unrealised means it is no longer potential.

But you'll hold off on driving toward completion because you also know time and tide and change by themselves provide new, new, fabulous new potential.

And this is not merely true, but in fact valuable, if you also believe that one day, somewhere in the distant future, not only will everything be possible and anything could happen, but that indeed something will happen... something will be produced.

Potential, guaranteed to be unrealised, is not longer potential. It holds no novelty. It isn't even there.

Face your fate. We automatons must have your life force and we will suck out your soul. We are drawn to the shiny light like zombies to brains.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeah I know what you are talking about...you guys being goofy and us being pleasant and silent...and all of a sudden, we play along... sometimes clumsily...usually brilliantly....and you can throw in some deeper conversation....and we quickly manage to capture the essence of the subject and contribute...and it begins long reflections that can end at sunrise....

yessssssssssss!

bloodyfungus

MBTI Type
INTP
I've found that the more you tease and joke the more interesting they become, and they only seem to open up when they're drunk. I advocate getting him a bottle of Jack. :devil:

This I can vouch for - both of them. The joke is more of a challenge to me than an insult. I feel that I have to (jokily) prove or disprove whatever slur is being put against me.

As for the alcohol - every time. Somehow it makes that link between brain and mouth that I've so tirelessly fought to shut down :D

Cypocalypse

MBTI Type
eNtP
Enneagram
4w5/
This is how an NF should strategically lure INTPs. I know this because I'm an INTP approaching xNxP status currently.

1. If you're going to flirt, flirt smart. For ENFP's use your Ne to make open ended figurative statements. Drives INTPs nuts. Imagine how ENTPs flirt (usually joking a lot, and smartly if I may add), only add more femminine touch to that.

2. It helps if you're pretty but never act superficially (like what most ESFPs do). But if you have a good SF tendency, that's just fine, but never ever forget to entertain an INTPs intellectual pursuit.

3. You need not over-analyze as much as INTPs do things but you can do other things that's similar to what INTPs do. For example, if you read Neil Gaiman's Sandman, you can tell the INTP about how you interpret the underlying symbolism with regard to its various illustrations, and you can even inject a Feeling element to that, but don't get to say shallow statements like how cute you think Morpheus is.

4. You can be extra touchy if you like. For an INTP, I like that, just never lose the intellectual factor of the conversation. A certain F element is allowable, and by default, INTPs don't really expect females to have a strong Ti function. No ENFP female should pretend that she understands Ti to a certain level that INTPs do. It's understandable.

5. If you have a certain NF moral conviction that you live by, show signs that you can live with them. INTPs hate erratic behavior very much. To a certain extent, occasional mood swings are allowable, but at least show a sign that you have principles.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Or you could just say "I want your cock." Works on me like a charm.