• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do Ps survive in the working world?

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm extremely P
all mbti test taken minimum i got was 89%. usually its in the 9X% area.
and i dislike taking orders.

basically when given a task i think about it. What's the benefit? is it fun? etc etc. If its worth it, even if i dont want to, i force myself.

usually works i do are stuff that i actually enjoy. Which i usually get done without procrastinating much.

so i don't think despite my high P, i will have much problem in my field and career.

i think its about finding the right job in the working world. Despite procrastination, P users in returns get adaptibility and crisis management skills. Which are just as crucial in the working world.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Oh, you mean like

I - afraid of people
S - unimaginative
T - cold
J - anti-spontaneity

Put together equals:

TurtleT2.jpg

I beg to differ.

You may be a turtle, but I'm far from it. I get work done, and am very active. I move at a very fast pace too, sometimes too fast.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
from raz i got turtle as more of "boring", rather than slow.
because no way SJ is unproductive.

Unique

Barely?

ESTPs and perhaps ENTPs commonly survive by being driven an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to have an impact.
ISTPs and sometimes ISFPs can perhaps survive being happy entering a intimate "flow" relationship with whatever their tool/task is.

For the others...

True!

(90% P here)

sculpting

enfps should find "the mission" and somehow link that to all the crap that has to be done on a daily basis

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I need to "missionify" all the boring, regular chores, even my job. I have some days where my mind wanders constantly, and others where I am laser-sharp and can get done in one day what would take at least a week to do. SO I have learned to accept both types of energy, and I kick my own butt when needed to just get something done.

I think it's just about being "grown-up" in a way, for lack of a better word.

Plus, I never want people to think I am incompetent, or to disappoint anyone, so that is a huge driving force too to just get things done.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
enfps should find "the mission" and somehow link that to all the crap that has to be done on a daily basis

When ENXPs are on a mission or consumed by a task, we throw ourselves into it and we do the damn thing! LOL.

Being EP means you are adaptable and can flex - this means you should be able to flex to J mode at work.

Also, you can find jobs and fields and companies that suit your natural tendencies and strengths. For me, sales. Sales and marketing is a great field for EPs, you focus on the 'mission' which is usually your numbers and as long as you don't violate company policy you have a lot of control over your day and how you do things. Any $$$ job they just want to see results. Being high energy, people oriented, fast talker, adaptable, trouble shooter, being able to see 'big picture', etc. really helps you succeed. Textbook EP/ENTP/ENFP/ESTP traits

Or yes, be your own boss. Entrepeneur! Find a field that is exciting for you or a company that has a great unconventional culture, even if the actual job isn't your top choice.

BTW, I kinda liken this question to, "How do you make yourself work at a boring job that you don't think pays you enough or treats you well?" Answer: "You have to"

I think it's also a maturity thing and depends on how fortunate your life circumstances are and what else you have going for you.

There are a lot of pages here already, but I've said it before in other threads, if you feel you are having trouble succeeding at something or applying yourself or finishing projects as a "P", it's not the "P" that's a problem, it's your own will power and self-control. I really do think it's tied into overall maturity, or at least maturity of functions. There is absolutely no way to get around doing some things, you just have to grin and bear it.

Just flex into your J shadow type! ;)

Besides, most people have to act like XNTJS and XSTJs at work anyways.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
sometimes it requires a lot of self brainwashing and/or seriously completely ignoring and disregarding innate tendencies, not dwelling on them at all, for if you do, you give into Procrastination and such.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I actually finally managed to enter the time I need to show up for work in an organizer. That really helps, you just have to flip that little thing open and it tells you all you need to do.

Its a real life saver !!

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What you lack in discipline, you make it up with intelligence and insight.

And eventually, you learn to discipline yourself into getting things done, but at the same time don't punish yourself by setting extremely high standards.

Ps can't get things done on time? Please! I'm high on the P function yet finish stuff on time. Yes, I procrastinate when it comes to starting work. But I always get things done.

Don't buy the bullshit that J types feed us about us being lazy. Most times, we're not. We just function differently (interestingly, I've definitely met Js who are lazy).

To all Ps, treasure your creativity and insightful way of seeing the world ;)

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Given that the business and academic world is strongly J oriented, how do you as P survive in it? Some answers from >80% P would be good.

Be a performer/inspirer, something that involves alotta people skills and on the fly improvisation.

I'm a J butI can't work with the general J-ness of the world (wich is: dumb rules without any foundation, not accepting of my improvements on the plan), it's the wrong kind of J... so it's not about being P or J.

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
What you lack in discipline, you make it up with intelligence and insight.

And eventually, you learn to discipline yourself into getting things done, but at the same time don't punish yourself by setting extremely high standards.

Ps can't get things done on time? Please! I'm high on the P function yet finish stuff on time. Yes, I procrastinate when it comes to starting work. But I always get things done.

Don't buy the bullshit that J types feed us about us being lazy. Most times, we're not. We just function differently (interestingly, I've definitely met Js who are lazy).

To all Ps, treasure your creativity and insightful way of seeing the world ;)

pffff. I never did homework and always stayed up late -- in high school I finished stuff too late because I couldn't care less about it.

A severely demotivated J is the stereotype P these days, wich is really insulting to the P's.
The only problem with P's in the J business world, is that they have to watch their flakyness not interfering with the J's temper. :D

J's need P's to take care of stuff they can't - human things. :p

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
We waste time on the internets for our sanity's sake.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
It isn't easy in the main because I have such different priorities from my J collegues! If I was to passionately care about the things they did I'm sure it would not be so bad but add a dash of laziness to a whole lotta indifference and you have an impossible combo!

Ratus

MBTI Type
INXP
Sometimes, I wonder if I can survive with my lazyness, but most of the time, I tend to think my P is a chance, since I cannot work on something which does not interest me, I've met many Js who were first proud of their performance and easyness to work, but now they feel somewhat depressed because they work in something which does not interest them at all. But when they discovered it, it was "too late" (even if this words has no sense for me).