• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How do Ps survive in the working world?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I said Competent! Not Anal!

True...though being competent at getting along with people makes for a very handy plan B. Can't be competent at everything...

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
True...though being competent at getting along with people makes for a very handy plan B. Can't be competent at everything...

NFs need plan Bs. NTs are A-team material.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NFs need plan Bs. NTs are A-team material.

Huh...and here I thought that P's were supposed to be flexible and able to think in the moment when a plan goes to ***

Again, are you very sure about that J-thing?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Huh...and here I thought that P's were supposed to be flexible and able to think in the moment when a plan goes to ***

Again, are you very sure about that J-thing?

Nah I don't even have plan A, let alone a plan B.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
No, thanks. I don't want to play with your light saber.

Light saber? :sick:

Who do you think I am?

Light sabres are only for ones with lack of imagination and total lack of desire for efficiency.

Here, let me show you.

You see,you actually don't need subtlety on your job.

If you think that your life sucks I would recomend developing some J traits

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx

Lol, I tend to have a plan A, B, C, D, E, F, G,.... and then just in case it all goes to pot (which is not uncommon) I improvise. It all works out in the end.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Plan B only exists to get you back to plan A.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, I'm very P... and I've let it have its way before... and I sort of hate myself when I don't instill any P discipline. Part of my motivation comes from those students who aren't necessarily smart, but study every minute... and ask a million questions during lecture... there are a few really obnoxious ones I'm thinking of... and if I don't get a better test score I know I'm going to hear about it... especially since one of them is in my lab group.

I value education in general. I've grown up with friends who are either self motivated or who have parents with a gun to her/his head. Whether or not I think grades represent intelligence... I know the only way I'll get to where I want to go is if I make myself work.

Planners? I've tried... I think sharpie + hands works better... harder to lose =P

As far as work outside of school... I've only had customer service jobs. Carrying out tasks like cleaning is the easiest way to avoid customers and coworkers... so I'm actually a fairly decent employee... well, outside of "establishing a connection with the customers" or small talk.

To compensate: When I get mad about having to carry out a task, my misanthropy levels increase a little. My attitude towards people is typically "GTFO", but I'm able to cover that up well as long as I eventually get alone time.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There was a reason why you wanted Plan A in the first place.

Yeah, it's optimal/easiest. The goal is the thing. You guys get so bogged down with the details that you forget that.

There is nothing quite so thrilling as succeeding by accident!

AO said:
If you think that your life sucks I would recomend developing some J traits
I do think my life sucks. I'd just rather suck mine than yours.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
There was a reason why you wanted Plan A in the first place.

lol, actually, it's plan A only because it occurred to me first, not necessarily because it was exactly what I wanted to happen....:blush:

I'm....not a very linear thinker....

but I do agree that to have the best life one must learn to balance their traits. Only then can they be successful (however they define success), and happy, and loved, and functional.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Good point :D

Plan B only exists to get you back to plan A.

Yeah, it's optimal/easiest. The goal is the thing. You guys get so bogged down with the details that you forget that.

Nah, just toss out A when it doesn't work in favor of B and already start up C and D. Whichever one gets you to the goal, is fine (of course, this is all depends if the goal is at all worth the effort *yawns*)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz

I do think my life sucks. I'd just rather suck mine than yours.

When I try to make myself step back from my viewpoint of plans, I guess I can see where you're coming from. Apparently to you, a plan is just...a plan. A plan to me includes the specific end goal that I want. Plan B, C, D, or E are only backups and won't produce an end goal as appealing as Plan A was going to produce. They're second best.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking about this last night.
My job is actually better for a P, not a J.
Things are just coming up left and right and there is really no room for a plan.
You need to just roll with the punches. Its fast paced and you need to be able to do things spur of the moment constantly.

The J's are just as successful as the P's, but the J's where I work tend to be more easily worn out and stressed.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I try to make myself step back from my viewpoint of plans, I guess I can see where you're coming from. Apparently to you, a plan is just...a plan. A plan to me includes the specific end goal that I want. Plan B, C, D, or E are only backups and won't produce an end goal as appealing as Plan A was going to produce. They're second best.

When is a plan not a plan......Interesting.......Oooooh, pretty butterfly!.......
Sorry, what were you saying about goals?

Srsly, that sort of nesting implies faulty logic and heightens the risk of failure. Decoupling is required. I could teach you a lot about decoupling - it was my major.